Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Hard to pin in shoulder?

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Everyones already nailed it. Whenever you get into an area of just the slightest scar tissue, the inject will be hard. I have to pull the needle out and try a different spot a lot of times because the oil simply will not go in (especially in my delts).
When you hit a nice fresh space, it goes in like water. 25gx5/8" is a perfect size for bi's, tris, traps, lats, pecs, calves, and IS deep enough for delts unless your a real chunk-o-flab.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011

I think Get Some had posted this somewhere and after seeing it I always made sure to swap out the pins... The less damage you do to the muscle tissue the better off you'll be.

As for breaking up scar tissue, foam rolling the shoulder is kinda tough... Deep tissue massage will help, just be sure to tell the therapist to focus on that area. Also, if you see a chiropractor there are a few methods they have that help such as ultrasound, active release therapy and other myofacial release therapies.

Whatever you choose to do, do it. Scar tissue build up, particularly in the shoulders will reduce range of motion and can cause shoulder impingement.

ShutUpAndSquat

ShutUpAndSquat

Oct 1, 2011
Everyones already nailed it. Whenever you get into an area of just the slightest scar tissue, the inject will be hard. I have to pull the needle out and try a different spot a lot of times because the oil simply will not go in (especially in my delts).
When you hit a nice fresh space, it goes in like water. 25gx5/8" is a perfect size for bi's, tris, traps, lats, pecs, calves, and IS deep enough for delts unless your a real chunk-o-flab.
I agree, 5/8 is fine but I always had oil leaks. I never get it with 1". Plus I see nurse using 1.5 in delts all the time with no problems... now thats overkill

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
I always use 1" as well with no problems.Im not a chunk o flab either.LOL

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
I am doing ed injection with a shoulder every 3rd day. The last couple shoulder pins have takin me about 2min to inject .7cc. Has to be from the scar tissue, never had this before.You think they will be g2g in a few months for bulking? I could drop my shoulders this winter to and give them a long rest if it will help any. Any comments tips sugg?
"i use 23g 1 for shoulder."

Go to 25 GA 1inch next, don't get as much inflamation with the 25's , I've done both.

And what POB said , switch out the drawing pin with a new one. You'd be surprised at how much difference this makes if your going to be pinning delts for a-while.

Last edited:
BlueDevil

BlueDevil

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
I

As for breaking up scar tissue, foam rolling the shoulder is kinda tough...

Go to a sporting goods store and buy a lacrosse ball. I keep one in my desk at work and put it between my back and my chair all the time. For shoulders use a wall for support.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Go to a sporting goods store and buy a lacrosse ball. I keep one in my desk at work and put it between my back and my chair all the time. For shoulders use a wall for support.

Keep one at home, one on my desk... Just never worked so well for me though... But great suggestion brother!

ShutUpAndSquat

ShutUpAndSquat

Oct 1, 2011
Go to 25 GA 1inch next, don't get as much inflamation with the 25's , I've done both.

And what POB said , switch out the drawing pin with a new one. You'd be surprised at how much difference this makes if your going to be pinning delts for a-while.
I always do with vials, I am currently using amps and always BD pins. So I'm g2g on shapness.
Thanks Again to all... Lost of great feedback;)

ShutUpAndSquat

ShutUpAndSquat

Oct 1, 2011
i would definitely give them a break for a bit and see if you can break up the scar tissue. you might try some deep tissue massage as well. also you might try changing the angle as you insert so that it isnt always going straight in and therefore reaching some uninjected muscle tissue.

welcome to the iron den! could you post up an intro thread for us, we would love to welcome you!
So I hit it on angle like you said, and it worked great. Thanks for the tip:eek:

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic