Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Hard to pin in shoulder?

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
I always use 23g in quad and shoulder. I just rotate them all pretty good.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Not sure why .77cc would take so long w a 25g. Personally I don't mind however long it takes. I quite enjoy it.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Bro 23 g are like Harpoons I wouldnt do any bodypart with 23s LOL - I use those to draw - It also depends on your compound. I was using a UG TNE and winny suspension with an insuline needle daily in my deltoids and It never gave me issues

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
i would definitely give them a break for a bit and see if you can break up the scar tissue. you might try some deep tissue massage as well. also you might try changing the angle as you insert so that it isnt always going straight in and therefore reaching some uninjected muscle tissue.

welcome to the iron den! could you post up an intro thread for us, we would love to welcome you!

Good advice ATW.

I used to sometimes have problems with hitting shoulders where they take some time to inject or they got very sore afterwards and I do exactly as ATW suggested,I take some time off from hitting them.Another thing I always do before injecting is warming up the oil first.Just run it under the hot tap for about 10 seconds or so before drawing.It thins the oil which makes it not only easier to draw,but to inject as well.Since then it has really helped to alleviate pain and just makes it that much easier to draw and inject.

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
Bro 23 g are like Harpoons I wouldnt do any bodypart with 23s LOL - I use those to draw - It also depends on your compound. I was using a UG TNE and winny suspension with an insuline needle daily in my deltoids and It never gave me issues

I use 23g all the time to draw and inject.I also use the same pin for both.Never felt the need to draw with one and inject with another.I know why many do it,at least I understand the theory as to why they do it,but ive never had any issues with doing it this way so "if it ain't broken,don't fix it" Especially since warming the oil,it makes the process so much smoother.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
23g and yes the time is not issue as to why
I know you're using a 23g but you said that you don't want to use a 25g b/c it takes too long. That's what my comment is in reference to.

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011

That picture is great but after doing it this way for 20 plus years that picture doesnt make me change the way that has been a proven winning method for me.Pics and theories are great but hands on experience can never lie.Like I said,"If it ain't broken,Don't fix it" Maybe in another 20 yrs the needles in the pics may do me some damage but until then..........LOL

Besides,those pics show the pins after 6 times pinning being so bad.Who uses their pins that many times.I said I draw and pin with the same pin and then I discard it.I dont use it over and over again.LMAO.

Last edited:
Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Im with everybody else i got about 2000 25g x 1" in stock lol just heat up the syringe under some hot running water and it will flow right threw like a 22g

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
it's a little irresponsible to promote pinning with large needles (doesn't make you hardcore or cool) .... not to mention drawing with the same pin. You've been LUCKY by not obtaining an infection / abscess over the last 20 years. Drawing with the same pin can collect dirt / bacteria from the stopper and into your injection site.

Reactions: SAD
F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
it's a little irresponsible to promote pinning with large needles (doesn't make you hardcore or cool) .... not to mention drawing with the same pin. You've been LUCKY by not obtaining an infection / abscess over the last 20 years. Drawing with the same pin can collect dirt / bacteria from the stopper and into your injection site.

Im ont sure if your post is referring to me,but 23g is not a large needle,its actually a common size as most I know use this.As for being lucky over the past 20 yrs...Lucky??? I can;t count how many cycles ive done in this time so I think luck has nothing to do with it.You're body is more than capable of dealing with the minute amount of bacteria that may be picked up from an alcohol swabbed vial and alcohol swabbed injection point on the body.No offense,but the idea of getting an infection from this is very very far fetched.Do infections happen,absolutely.Can they ever be fully prevented,no.It happens to many but will it happen by just drawing and pinning from the same needle,no.

I will also add that not only have I done it this way,but numerous guys I know,know of or have had experience with have done it this way over the decades with no issues.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic