Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Freak's Training Log

R

Reader591

Jan 26, 2023
Straight leg deadlift
makes more sense. I should’ve assumed that. In my written logs SLDL is single leg dead lift haha.

still very good. Not as good as single leg deadlift though . You were about to be super man in my book. I’ve never touched above a 200lbs single leg deadlift. But of course, there are many way stronger than me, you included, and I was wondering if you actually pulled that off haha.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
makes more sense. I should’ve assumed that. In my written logs SLDL is single leg dead lift haha.

still very good. Not as good as single leg deadlift though . You were about to be super man in my book. I’ve never touched above a 200lbs single leg deadlift. But of course, there are many way stronger than me, you included, and I was wondering if you actually pulled that off haha.
Haha. I just tore a hamstring thinking about it.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I just went too heavy on pretty much everything today. Not sure why, just felt like the right thing to do. It was all safe, but top weights were only performed to 8-10 reps which is below my goal of 12-15.

Dumbbell pullover (4) warm up sets
Neutral grip pull downs (3) feeder sets followed by 230 lbs x 10/200 lbs x 8/170 lbs x 8 (15 breaths between each)
Andrea Shaw rear delt raises (3) feeders sets followed by 25 lbs x 10 + 5 partials
TKO iso lateral row (4) feeder sets followed by 5 pps x 8/4 pps x 8/3 pps x 10 (Drop set)
Upright rows (3) feeder sets followed by 100 lbs x 16/80 lbs x 14/60 lbs x 15 (Drop set)
Hanging pull up stretch 60 seconds

As I typed this out I realized I forgot to work biceps... WTF. I will hit them this afternoon in the home gym.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Muscle round day. A muscle round is a set with 5 rounds in the 4-8 rep range with 5-6 deep breaths between each round. It is a safe way to push intensity while still getting in some volume.

Leverage squat (5) feeder sets, 6 pps x 15 (It doesn't hold any more weight than this, so I have to figure out a way to rig up a band to increase resistance.)
Single leg extension (1) warm up set, 140 lbs x 6/6/6/6/9 (Muscle round)
Quad stretch 60 seconds
Seated hamstring curl (1) warm up set, 110 lbs x 6/6/6/6/10 (Muscle round)
SLDL stretch 60 seconds
Abductor (1) warm up set, 200 lbs x 8/8/8/8/25 (Muscle round. This is kind of a waste of a muscle round, but the stack only goes to 200 lbs and there is no way to add additional weight.)
Adductor (3) feeder sets, 140 lbs x 8/8/8/8/12 (Muscle round. I didn't want to push it, since I felt a small pop last time I tried even warming up. It felt fine this time.)
Seated calf extensions (3) feeder sets, 500 lbs x 6/6/6/6/12 (Muscle round.)

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Abductor and Adductor work is for girls! That is what I am told. I still do it. Amazingly is is very good for JiuJitsu and being fast on a motorcycle around a track.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Abductor and Adductor work is for girls! That is what I am told. I still do it. Amazingly is is very good for JiuJitsu and being fast on a motorcycle around a track.
That is what all the guys wth small legs say...

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
the deep breath sets on sets is grueling for me, have not done in a decade, not my style so run into patience issues

nice read

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
the deep breath sets on sets is grueling for me, have not done in a decade, not my style so run into patience issues

nice read
Yeah, those sets do some damage. I video a lot of them and noticed it takes 2:30 to 3:30 to complete most of those sets.

Landmine press (4) warm up sets
Incline press (3) feeder sets, 275 lbs x 5/5/5/5/5 (Muscle round. Picked the perfect weight. You only take the last round to failure, unless you chose a weight that was too heavy and fail in round four. You always want to pick a weight that you fail in the last round with the same number of reps as the other rounds.)
Incline dumbbell fly stretch 60 seconds
Side delt raises (4) warm up sets
Military press (2) feeder sets, 185 lbs x 5/5/5/5/6 (Muscle round. I initially tried 225 lbs, but realized after the first round it was going to be too heavy.)
Handcuff stretch 60 seconds
Band crossbody shoulder stretch 45 seconds
Skullcrushers (4) feeder sets, 135 lbs x 6/5/5/5/4 (Muscle round. I started to go with six reps in the first round, but reconsidered and stuck with five for the remaining. I might have gotten five on the last round, if I would have only done five in the first round.)
I had breakfast with some buddies and was in a hurry and forgot to stretch the triceps.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic