Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Freak's Training Log

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Bar chins (4) warm up sets, 16/9/6 (15 breath rest pause between working sets. For building back width, these are far superior to pull ups. When doing pull ups, what part of the body do you think fails? I can give you a hint, it is not your back that fails first. Your back has much more to give, when your shoulders and arms fail and you can no longer perform a rep. Switch to bar chins and you will be able to focus more on your back throughout the exercise.)
Banded rear delt fly (2) warm up sets, 30-60 lbs band x 30
Behind the back shrugs (3) feeder sets, 225 lbs x 15/11/10 (15 breath rest pause between working sets.)
Meadows row (2) feeder sets, 105 lbs x 14/8/6 (15 breath rest pause between working sets. I stood on bumper plates to get even more of stretch at the bottom of the rep.)
Hanging pull up stretch 60 seconds
EZ bar curls (3) warm up sets
Dumbbell preacher curl (2) feeder sets, 35 lbs x 16/8/5 (15 breath rest pause between working sets.)
Band bicep stretch 60 seconds
You doing the bar chins underhand or overhand? I did some underhand pulldowns with hands around shoulder width apart the other day near end of my back workout and I was feeling it in my lats really good. I haven’t done any pull-ups/ bar chins in years. I wonder how many I can do nowadays? I remember being one of the top pull-up guys in my middle school when we did some physical fitness thing.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
You doing the bar chins underhand or overhand? I did some underhand pulldowns with hands around shoulder width apart the other day near end of my back workout and I was feeling it in my lats really good. I haven’t done any pull-ups/ bar chins in years. I wonder how many I can do nowadays? I remember being one of the top pull-up guys in my middle school when we did some physical fitness thing.
Overhand. The only time I pull underhand is when I transition doing the single arm lat pulldowns like I mentioned before, starting overhand and finishing underhand, and reverse grip barbell rows. I found pulling underhand your biceps fail before your back. When I see guys with great biceps and no back, I can usually tell you how they pull. Haha.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Overhand. The only time I pull underhand is when I transition doing the single arm lat pulldowns like I mentioned before, starting overhand and finishing underhand, and reverse grip barbell rows. I found pulling underhand your biceps fail before your back. When I see guys with great biceps and no back, I can usually tell you how they pull. Haha.
Yeah. I can see that. I have been dealing with bicep tendinitis so I’m not doing any bicep isolation work in a few month now probably. I’ve noticed my biceps not failing as easy doing back work now. And they still getting hit well so win win for now. As soon as I try doing some curls I can feel the pain. It’s kinda strange that back work doesn’t bother it. Arm size hasn’t gone down at least.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Yeah. I can see that. I have been dealing with bicep tendinitis so I’m not doing any bicep isolation work in a few month now probably. I’ve noticed my biceps not failing as easy doing back work now. And they still getting hit well so win win for now. As soon as I try doing some curls I can feel the pain. It’s kinda strange that back work doesn’t bother it. Arm size hasn’t gone down at least.
It is good that back work doesn't aggravate the issue. Does front or side delt raises aggravate it? I would probably wear sleeves just to make sure when doing any pulling movements and raises. The key with the sleeves is to not wear them the entire time in the gym, as the pump in your forearms will get ridiculous and impact your grip. When I am wearing them, I will take them off in between sets to allow the blood to flow out of my forearms. You might be able to get away with a little bicep work with the sleeves.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Leg press (8) feeder sets, 22 plates x 13 (Way down from a couple weeks ago. I had to watch the video to see what happened. I thought maybe I went deeper than usual, but that is nearly impossible, as the sled is only about an inch from the stopper at the bottom of each rep. After watching the video, I seen what happened. On the first rep I slid up the bench 2-3 inches. This sled does not have handles to hold on to keep you seated.)
SLDL (3) feeder sets, 495 lbs x 8/315 lbs x 17 (Back off set)
SLDL stretch 60 seconds
Single leg extensions (1) warm up set, 170 lbs x 14/140 lbs x 4/110 lbs x 4 (Drop set)
Quad stretch 60 seconds
Abductor/Adductor (1) warm up set, scratch (Felt a little pop on the first rep and decided not to push it. Nothing major, happens often.)
Seated calf extensions (2) feeder sets, 500 lbs x 17/400 lbs x 10/300 lbs x 9 (Drop set)
Calf stretch 60 seconds

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
man, every now and then glance at lbs, my mouth falls open agag, single leg ext.....!!!!!!

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
man, every now and then glance at lbs, my mouth falls open agag, single leg ext.....!!!!!!
I had to work my way up to it. I am just not throwing the weights up either, they are nice and controlled reps. I am rolling my knee inwards as I push the weight away and getting a 4 count negative.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Incline dumbbell fly (4) warm up sets
Smith machine incline bench (3) feeder sets, 315 lbs x 13/275 lbs x 12/225 lbs x 10 (15 breaths between each set.)
Pinch press (3) 10 lbs plates x 30
Incline dumbbell fly stretch 60 seconds
Seated front dumbbell raises (4) warm up sets
Cybex Eagle overhead press (3) feeder sets, 200 lbs x 11/160 lbs x 10/120 lbs x 15 (15 breaths between each set.)
Band cross body shoulder stretch 60 seconds
Handcuff stretch 60 seconds
Various cable extensions (5) warm up sets
Bar dips (3) feeder sets, BW + 135 lbs x 12/BW + 90 lbs x 8/BW + 45 lbs x 15 (Drop set)
Band tricep stretch 60 seconds

R

Reader591

Jan 26, 2023
Leg press (8) feeder sets, 22 plates x 13 (Way down from a couple weeks ago. I had to watch the video to see what happened. I thought maybe I went deeper than usual, but that is nearly impossible, as the sled is only about an inch from the stopper at the bottom of each rep. After watching the video, I seen what happened. On the first rep I slid up the bench 2-3 inches. This sled does not have handles to hold on to keep you seated.)
SLDL (3) feeder sets, 495 lbs x 8/315 lbs x 17 (Back off set)
SLDL stretch 60 seconds
Single leg extensions (1) warm up set, 170 lbs x 14/140 lbs x 4/110 lbs x 4 (Drop set)
Quad stretch 60 seconds
Abductor/Adductor (1) warm up set, scratch (Felt a little pop on the first rep and decided not to push it. Nothing major, happens often.)
Seated calf extensions (2) feeder sets, 500 lbs x 17/400 lbs x 10/300 lbs x 9 (Drop set)
Calf stretch 60 seconds
WTF, am I reading this right? Single leg deadlift at 495x8? That’s absolutely insane. I have some work to do……..

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic