Rolanalon
What's New?

Freak's Training Log

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Lat rows (3) warm up sets
Single arm pull downs (3) feeder sets, 90 lbs x 6/6/6/6/8 (Muscle round)
Meadows' Row (3) feeder sets, 125 lbs x 5/5/5/5/5 (Muscle round. These were tough on the last round, as I couldn't strap up. Using a strap would have really extended the time between rounds, so it was all grip strength.)
Laying rear delt raise 20 lbs x 5/5/5/5/6 (Muscle round)
Upright row (1) warm up set, 70 lbs x 6/6/6/6/18 (Muscle round. Picked the wrong weight for this one.)
Hanging lat stretch 60 seconds
Band cross body shoulder stretch 45 seconds
Seated alternating dumbbell curls (3) warm up sets
Cybex Eagle single arm preacher curl 50 lbs x 5/5/5/5/7 (Muscle round)
Band bicep stretch 60 seconds

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Hack squats (6) feeder sets, 7 pps x 8/6pps x 3/5 pps x 5/4 pps x 4/3 pps x 5/2 pps x 7/1 pps x 8 (Drop set. This set took 4:15 to complete. My legs were still wobbly an hour later.)
Dumbbell RDL (3) feeder sets, 120 lbs x 13/90 lbs x 20 (Top set/back off set)
SLDL stretch 60 seconds
Single leg extension (2) feeder sets, 140 lbs x 13/8/8 (Rest pause set)
Quad stretch 60 seconds
Dumbbell laying hamstring curl (2) feeder sets, 40 lbs x 12 (Thought about doing a back off set, but my hamstrings were done at this point. I couldn't even bend my leg without them trying to cramp up.)
SLDL stretch 60 seconds
Standing single leg calf raises (3) feeder sets, BW + 80 lbs x 20 (Our smith machine is broken, so this was done with a dumbbell in hand. Not the same.)
Calf stretch 60 seconds

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Hey my legs are pencil thin and I do them!
Same! Lmao. I recently got my wife back in gym. First time using those machines, I asked her if she wanted to be a good girl or bad girl and she rolled her eyes thinking I was talking about getting in her pants. I said no which machine you want to do first and pointed. Then she had that confused look on her face. Then I showed her and she busted out laughing. She’s more flexible than I realized. Gave me some ideas for later you know. Haha. Flexible I am not! Feel like im not getting as much as I could out of them if I was more flexible. But I still do them. Plus my right hip is definitely fucked and I feel it doing those machines. Hoping it’s helping my hip but it’s probably not. Lol

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Same! Lmao. I recently got my wife back in gym. First time using those machines, I asked her if she wanted to be a good girl or bad girl and she rolled her eyes thinking I was talking about getting in her pants. I said no which machine you want to do first and pointed. Then she had that confused look on her face. Then I showed her and she busted out laughing. She’s more flexible than I realized. Gave me some ideas for later you know. Haha. Flexible I am not! Feel like im not getting as much as I could out of them if I was more flexible. But I still do them. Plus my right hip is definitely fucked and I feel it doing those machines. Hoping it’s helping my hip but it’s probably not. Lol
I like to use them as finishers. I know some people like to use them to warm up, but for me the abductor will tighten me up and the adductor is an injury waiting to happen if I am not warm. I miss the hammer strength versions on base. I felt them a lot better than the Cybex and Nautilus machines.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I like to use them as finishers. I know some people like to use them to warm up, but for me the abductor will tighten me up and the adductor is an injury waiting to happen if I am not warm. I miss the hammer strength versions on base. I felt them a lot better than the Cybex and Nautilus machines.

I always do them last, but I had no reason. Now I do, thanks

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Yeah. I think the one I use is a combo Nautilus one. The ones at planet fitness are separate machines made by Life Fitness which I believe is actually Hammer Strength. Nice machines. I have been doing them on hamstring day. On quad day I do calves. Maybe I should switch that around and do them after quads. I cannot to a single leg day anymore before work. Lol. I want to puke and have no energy for first hour or two at work, if I do.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Yeah. I think the one I use is a combo Nautilus one. The ones at planet fitness are separate machines made by Life Fitness which I believe is actually Hammer Strength. Nice machines. I have been doing them on hamstring day. On quad day I do calves. Maybe I should switch that around and do them after quads. I cannot to a single leg day anymore before work. Lol. I want to puke and have no energy for first hour or two at work, if I do.
Leg days are brutal. If you don't feel like you just walked through hell, you need to turn around and go back in and do it right.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Leg days are brutal. If you don't feel like you just walked through hell, you need to turn around and go back in and do it right.
I'm feeling ok for what I did. But I agree. there's a certain level of "this is going to leave a mark" you need to feel as though you did it right.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I'm feeling ok for what I did. But I agree. there's a certain level of "this is going to leave a mark" you need to feel as though you did it right.
Well you are in a completely different place right now. I would say if you felt like that when you walked out then you are placing yourself in serious risk. Give it time. It is likely you will never squat or leg press like you could before, but when your hips are able, stuff like John Meadows' Bulgarian Split Squat Drop Set of Death or some walking lunges can tear your ass up if you do them correctly.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic