Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Freak's Training Log

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Well you are in a completely different place right now. I would say if you felt like that when you walked out then you are placing yourself in serious risk. Give it time. It is likely you will never squat or leg press like you could before, but when your hips are able, stuff like John Meadows' Bulgarian Split Squat Drop Set of Death or some walking lunges can tear your ass up if you do them correctly.
I know I worked legs. I am feeling some soreness. But nothing like what would normally be. I feel it in all the right places.

I didn’t want to cross that line. I’ve come too far in this short of a time it would be stupid to push it.

I’ll absolutely look to those moves.
Today is back day. 2 sets each. 15 reps. Regardless of how easy it felt. That’s my plan.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Incline dumbbell press (4) warm up sets (Top warm up was 120 lbs x 15. They moved so easy today. Had my first cheat meal in 45 days on Saturday.)
Incline cable fly (3) warm up sets (These hit so much harder than dumbbells.)
Cybex Eagle Chest Press (2) feeder sets, 300 lbs x 13/3/2 (Rest pause set)
Decline dumbbell fly stretch 60 seconds
Various cable extensions (6) warm up sets
Side delt raises (3) feeder sets, 30 lbs/60 lbs x 20/20 (Dusty Hanshaw superset)
Weighted dips (1) warm up set, BW + 135 lbs x 14/5/3 (Rest pause set)
Band tricep stretch 60 seconds
TKO isolateral shoulder press (2) feeder sets, 125 lbs x 6/100 lbs x 5/75 lbs x 5/50 lbs x 5/25 lbs x 8 (Drop set)
Band cross body shoulder stretch 60 seconds
Handcuff stretch 60 seconds

Picture of the back attached. No pump, since it was a push day, but it was full with some water retention from Saturday.
Back width.jpg

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Usually I go into the gym with a plan, but today it was just kind of go by feel.

V-grip pull downs (4) warm up sets (Top was 230 lbs x 10)
Dumbbell pull over (4) warm up sets (Top was 100 lbs x 16. I was thinking about turning this into a working set and doing a rest pause, but I keep my elbows straight throughout the movement and I didn't think I would be able to do that once I started getting tired. The minute your elbows bend, you bring a lot of triceps and chest into it.)
Single arm pull downs, 80 lbs x 16/8/5 (Rest pause)
Rear delt pulls (2) feeder sets, 50 lbs x 15/10/9 (Rest pause)
Floor barbell rows (3) feeder sets, 295 lbs x 8 (These are so much harder than barbell rows. I can barbell row this same weight for 20+ reps. The extended range of motion and dead stop, taking out all momentum makes a huge difference.)
Reverse grip barbell row, 295 lbs x 14 (This was my back off set to the floor rows.)
Dumbbell upright row (2) feeder sets, 50 lbs x 20/10/8 (Rest pause. Some on that last round were partials.)
Hanging pull up stretch 60 seconds
Hanging lat stretch 30 seconds
Dumbbell preacher curl (4) feeder sets, 35 lbs x 8/30 lbs x 2/25 lbs x 2 (Drop set. My biceps were smoked from back, as usually I would almost get double the reps with 35 lbs.)
Rope hammer curls, 20 lbs x 40 (Burnout set)
Band bicep stretch 60 seconds

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Leg day from hell.

Belt squat (4) feeder sets, 5 pps x 11 (Ensured each rep bottomed out the lever. Knees hurt pretty bad after this.)/ 3 pps x 25 (Back off set. Didn't really care about depth. I just wanted to stay in the quad zone.)
Walking lunges (2) feeder sets, 100 lbs dumbbells down 50 ft and back (Wanted to quit on the way back, but toughed it out.)
Hamstring extensions (2) feeder sets, 105 lbs x 13/8/5 (Rest pause set. I just grabbed the closest big dumbbell, as I have to walk it to the other side of the gym for these. It is not walking there. It is walking back after you finished that really sucks.)
SLDL stretch 60 seconds
Single leg extension (2) feeder sets, 155 lbs x 8/125 lbs x 8/95 lbs x 6/65 lbs x 6 (Alternating drop set.)
Quad stretch 60 seconds
TKO kick back (1) warm up set, 7 plates x 14
Seated calf raises (2) feeder sets, 315 lbs x 22
Calf stretch 60 seconds

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Landmine press (5) warm up sets (I think I pushed these too hard. My chest, shoulders and triceps were pumped on the last set 150 lbs x 20)
Incline dumbbell press (3) feeder sets, 120 lbs x 13/100 lbs x 5/80 lbs x 7 (Drop set. Like I said, landmine press was too much.)
Cable crossover (3) burnout sets (Kept these light and just squeezed the center.)
Incline dumbbell fly stretch 60 seconds
Y-raises (4) feeder sets, 30 lbs x 22/9/9 (Rest pause set)
Lateral raises (3) feeder sets, Dusty Hanshaw super set 25 lbs/60 lbs x 25/25
Cross body band shoulder stretch 60 seconds
Band shoulder stretch 60 seconds
Various cable extensions (6) warm up sets
Dumbbell skull crushers (3) feeder sets, 50 lbs x 13/8/4 (Rest pause set)
Band tricep stretch 60 seconds

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Bar chins (2) warm up sets, 19/9/8 (Rest pause set. If you struggle with upper back, but always doing pull ups, make the switch to bar chins. Here is the thing I tell people about bar chins and pull ups. Bar chins are far superior to building muscle in the back. Pull ups are superior to building muscle in the upper body. If you need muscle everywhere, then go ahead and keep doing the pull ups. However, I can guarantee when you do pull ups to failure, it is not your back that fails. It is the smaller muscle groups that give out first and your back still has a lot more to give.)
Chest supported rear delt fly (3) feeder sets, 20 lbs x 20/10/9 (Rest pause set)
Single arm landmine row (4) feeder sets, 100 lbs x 20/14 (Two sets to failure. These were done with a dead stop on each rep and pulled all the way until the wrist was parallel to the armpit. I place two collars on the sleeve to get the 25's forward, so I can increase the ROM.)
Hanging pull up stretch 60 seconds
Behind the back shrugs (1) warm up set, 225 lbs x 22 (Had a twinge in the back, so I stopped.)
Upright row 65 lbs x 31
EZ bar curl (3) warm up sets
Dumbbell Scott Curl (2) feeder sets, 25 lbs x 10/7/6 (Rest pause set, but I got interrupted, so the pause was longer than usual.)
Band bicep stretch 60 seconds

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Landmine SLDL (5) feeder sets, 7 plates x 10 (Never tried these before, but I was thinking about them last night and thought, hell, that should work. They hit something fierce. Use a v-grip and keep the legs straight. You will not be disappointed.)
Single leg extensions (3) feeder sets, 170 lbs x 15/140 lbs x 9/110 lbs x 8 (Rest pause set. Something different about doing these before a compound movement. 170 lbs actually felt really light, but my knees were not ready. Sore.)
Sissy hack squat (5) feeder sets, 6 pps x 8 (Feet all the way at the base of the platform. I was essentially on my toes, as my ankle mobility sucks ass)/ 4 pps x 20 (Widow maker set. Knees super sore.)
Single leg seated leg curl (2) feeder sets, 75 lbs x 17/12/10 (Rest pause set. This is the way to do these. Way better than two legs.)
SLDL stretch 60 seconds
Leverage squat calf raises (3) feeder sets, 4 pps x 20
Calf stretch 60 seconds

Heated blanket on the knees for hours now.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic