Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

FINE! I'll do a log!!

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Floss that ankle and roll out the foot on a pipe. Calf too. Crush it.

Come to the gym Sunday and I will work on it

I should be able to go, I've been using a PVC on the foot, and Achilles...hadn't thought about doing the calf. Considering that plantar's is tendon related, would grinding this out be better or cause more inflammation?

To give you an idea of what it's like: In the morning, I can't put ANY weight on it until I stretch, loosen up which takes about 20-30 mins before I can stand on both feet equally.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I should be able to go, I've been using a PVC on the foot, and Achilles...hadn't thought about doing the calf. Considering that plantar's is tendon related, would grinding this out be better or cause more inflammation?

To give you an idea of what it's like: In the morning, I can't put ANY weight on it until I stretch, loosen up which takes about 20-30 mins before I can stand on both feet equally.

Grinding you mean like graston?

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I've used a golf ball before. And my right foot crunches like crazy. I used to get really bad fissures in my big toes while in the field that would make me walk funny in work boots. The golf ball is dope though. Wifey got me a green one too that looks like the stuff in those Adidas slides but way more solid. That thing is great too. Putting all my weight on it will make me moan like a weirdo no matter where I am. Wifey got mad at me because I first tried it at the neighborhood pool and it was stupid awkward. I was in a state of euphoria and had no clue. I transcended this dimension.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Grinding you mean like graston?

Yes, I've been rolling with a pipe and the same softball that's been in my bag for the last 2-3 years. It improved this morning but still took 15-20 mins before I could put all my weight on that leg.

I've used a golf ball before. And my right foot crunches like crazy. I used to get really bad fissures in my big toes while in the field that would make me walk funny in work boots. The golf ball is dope though. Wifey got me a green one too that looks like the stuff in those Adidas slides but way more solid. That thing is great too. Putting all my weight on it will make me moan like a weirdo no matter where I am. Wifey got mad at me because I first tried it at the neighborhood pool and it was stupid awkward. I was in a state of euphoria and had no clue. I transcended this dimension.

Damn, I'll give the golf ball a try....going to be weird because of the location but I'm up for whatever may help to get rid of this thing. Playing hockey late night and that's really the only time that I don't think about it. It just hurts immediately once I take off my skates.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Yes, I've been rolling with a pipe and the same softball that's been in my bag for the last 2-3 years. It improved this morning but still took 15-20 mins before I could put all my weight on that leg.

Damn, I'll give the golf ball a try....going to be weird because of the location but I'm up for whatever may help to get rid of this thing. Playing hockey late night and that's really the only time that I don't think about it. It just hurts immediately once I take off my skates.

Yeah graston along the calcaneal tendon will help with pain relief and healing.

But you MUST floss the ankle. That part is key.

Come Sunday and here is what I will do

1. Smash the calves until you almost puke

2. Smash the arch of the foot

3. Floss the ankle

4. Tack the calf down with floss and stretch the calf

Does this happen to coincide with you getting on the ice?

After that I have some stuff to strengthen the areas to keep it at bay.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Yeah graston along the calcaneal tendon will help with pain relief and healing.

But you MUST floss the ankle. That part is key.

Come Sunday and here is what I will do

1. Smash the calves until you almost puke

2. Smash the arch of the foot

3. Floss the ankle

4. Tack the calf down with floss and stretch the calf

Does this happen to coincide with you getting on the ice?

After that I have some stuff to strengthen the areas to keep it at bay.

go easy on the calf :)

Yes, I flossed it last night, my toes were frozen from lack of circulation.

I'm playing Saturday night and then again next Tuesday so Sunday is fine by me. I'll stick around and bench with you guys but from everything that I've read on plantars, I shouldn't squat after the work into it. If you disagree, I'm open..

Should I bring a flask for your troubles? Tequila or scotch? I just picked up a laprhoiag 10 small cask that's like sipping on a campfire if that interests you.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Well well well....I guess it's time that I update this bitch again.

Foot is still on the mend but Doc cleared me to squat and do some other shit so this week is technically my first week training light again.

Power rack is built and installed in the basement. Brand new and SEXY texas power bar came in the mail on Monday, and I'll be pulling for the first time tomorrow. Still easing into it as surgery isn't completely ruled out on my foot...but if the daily ritual is something that I have to live with for now to keep normal, then so be it.

Stay tuned for better things on the horizon.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Power rack and bench are fully installed in the new basement casa de UHC and workouts have ensued.

Foot is still trivial so working my way up to 225 for squats for now.

Sunday night was this:

135 x 15 x 3
185 x 10 x 2
225 x 8 x 8...quads were fried. RPE 8

Last night did some bench work.

95 x 5
135 x 10 x 2
165 x 5
185 x 5 x 5 RPE 7.

Did some skullcrushers with the TPB. Felt weird with a straight bar and I don't have anything to do much tricep work so I'm going to grab some bands and an ez-curl bar this week.

Only pulled once so far last week. Was just a warm up to test the foot, hips and back up to 275 which felt like it was feathers.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Boring stuff while I work to get back.

10 mins on the bike

Deadlift
135x10x2
225x5x2
275x3x6

BB rows
135x15x3

Lat pull downs wide grip
155x10x3

Shrugs
225x10x3

Curls
A few.

Foot hurts, stamina blows but my gym has a Thompson fat pad that I can't wait to try out!

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Boring stuff while I work to get back.

10 mins on the bike

Deadlift
135x10x2
225x5x2
275x3x6

BB rows
135x15x3

Lat pull downs wide grip
155x10x3

Shrugs
225x10x3

Curls
A few.

Foot hurts, stamina blows but my gym has a Thompson fat pad that I can't wait to try out!

Much respect for getting back at it. Man, coming back after a long lay off sucks, but stay positive and you will be back before you know it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic