What's New?

FINE! I'll do a log!!

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Glad you can squat and you did well!!!

Sorry to hear about the doctor though.

I'll use my profession to try and help you :)

I'm free.

Ha! Thanks Bull. I exposed him and he got upset when I out-witted him. I don't trust many with my money and unfortunately he validated my skepticism.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Benched and pulled yesterday. My entire house can't breathe with this runny nose, sinus pressure type virus that's going around so I had to back off and take extra rest between sets....happy that I went at least so I'm not losing too much ground.

had a spot for bench, worked my way up to 255 x 3.

Pulls I did 10 triples at 365.

Floor press 185 x 5 x 5, nice and fast.

A gazillionmilliontrillion bands pushdowns and some pullups to wrap it up.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Lookin pretty great uhc!!!

I see you are not giving up.

Good man!!!

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
quick update for whatever it's worth.

Plantars fasciitis has crippled me for about 5 weeks now. I limp for the first hour or two of the day until it stretches out and the discomfort subsides.

I'm still getting in the gym on sat and sunday to get the big 3 in although it's not allowing my foot to heal. With troubles just kneeling down to play with my kids from my back, hips and foot, I'm having a difficult time battling one injury after the next. Frankly, being there for my family is 1000000000x more important than how much I squat. So staying healthy for them is a priority.

Considering that some people have asked me to play hockey again, I may spend a little more time getting back on the ice but still train to maintain. I'm much more comfortable on the ice than under a bar lately and my fear of another injury isn't helping my confidence.

So that's that.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Don't stoooooppppp beeeelieeevvvvving..... Holllllllddddd ooooonttttoooo that feeeeeellllling.....

Like my Journey impersonation, lol... Seriously though, don't stop lifting. Perhaps it's time to just lighten the workloads and let your body heal.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Don't stoooooppppp beeeelieeevvvvving..... Holllllllddddd ooooonttttoooo that feeeeeellllling.....

Like my Journey impersonation, lol... Seriously though, don't stop lifting. Perhaps it's time to just lighten the workloads and let your body heal.

Not bad, but you're a better lifter than a singer.

Never!

I'm still building the home gym and I have zero intention of stopping....but for the next few months, I really need to focus on health (drop a few lbs, eat better, drink less) and being there for my kids. Not to run up the stairs then stop playing because Daddy got another back twinge.

So for now, as far as competing; I'm either committed or I'm not and I can't give it 100% with everything else that's going on in my life (family, career, sports, weddings, etc)

So as long as I can squat 315 for reps of 8-12 and bench 250ish for sets of 5-10, those will be my sweetspots where I'll be satisfied.

Last edited:
woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I'm looking forward to pics of your new gym when you get it up and running!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Not bad, but you're a better lifter than a singer.

Never!

I'm still building the home gym and I have zero intention of stopping....but for the next few months, I really need to focus on health (drop a few lbs, eat better, drink less) and being there for my kids. Not to run up the stairs then stop playing because Daddy got another back twinge.

So for now, as far as competing; I'm either committed or I'm not and I can't give it 100% with everything else that's going on in my life (family, career, sports, weddings, etc)

So as long as I can squat 315 for reps of 8-12 and bench 250ish for sets of 5-10, those will be my sweetspots where I'll be satisfied.

Thanks... I try.

I wholeheartedly agree that you should work on your health and put competing on the back burner. You can still train but not to the extreme of prepping for a meet all the while tightening your diet, getting your back to feel better, and of course spending time with the fam.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I'm looking forward to pics of your new gym when you get it up and running!

Oh for sure!! The mats that I bought from tractor supply stink to the high heavens....just intense rubber smell. They are airing out in the garage at the moment. I'll be bolting down a power rack to the basement floor, sliding the bench in and out and will do any deadlifting at a 24hr gym nearby for the time being until I build one. The remaining space will be for Mrs UHC with boxes, bosu balls, treadclimber/treadmill and a couple of accessories. If I were to guess, I would say it'll be done by mid summer.

Thanks... I try.

I wholeheartedly agree that you should work on your health and put competing on the back burner. You can still train but not to the extreme of prepping for a meet all the while tightening your diet, getting your back to feel better, and of course spending time with the fam.

Exactly. You know what my family structure is. I still want to keep some size and stay strong but just not meet strong currently....however, I definitely plan on getting back on the platform again.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
somewhat keeping this going.

Been on the ice a few times this past week, man were my lungs burning.

Squatted and benched yesterday. Haven't lost a ton but then again, I'm not able to push 100%. The plantars is killing me on my left heel so squatting wasn't the best idea yesterday but I'd rather deal with a limp in the morning than to start all over squatting again.

Worked my way up to 335 x 5 x 5 then 285 x 2 x 3 (paused) on squats and 225 x 6 x 5 on bench. A bunch of accessory stuff but mainly just to get a pump.

One week of hockey conditioning and not eating like shit and I pissed out 6lbs. I'm sure it was mainly water weight but what a difference. back in the 220's again, going to try and lean down to 210, sitting at 228 as of this morning with an outline of my abs.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Floss that ankle and roll out the foot on a pipe. Calf too. Crush it.

Come to the gym Sunday and I will work on it

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 5 members watching this topic

, , , ,