Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Favorite intra workout carb source

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
Slightly spike insulin, better for bcaa to drive into muscles.

BCAA's aren't glucose dependent in regards to uptake, all but Leucine undergo gluconeogenesis thus negating the need for exogenous carb sources for transport.

Vikingquest

Vikingquest

Dec 30, 2013
I guess we all do what works for us. If someone tries something and it seems to help in one way or another, words on a screen won't change them from what they know works in their bodies through almost two decades of experimentation.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
Do what you want, I can't control that nor do I intend to try. I'm just here to help

Fact of the matter is, it will not make any difference. But if that is your preference, than by all means, do what makes you happy brotha

Vikingquest

Vikingquest

Dec 30, 2013
I appreciate it. Not being a wise ass either. It's good to help people and I try as well. For the $20 it cost me a year, and maybe it's mental, Placebo effect, but when I have my intra which is several ingredients but you only asked about carb sources, I have a better workout, feel as though I recover faster, and if I have a long day, the sugar energy helps as well.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
"Placebo is the strongest supplement"

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Why do you think you need an intra workout carb source?

And don't say glycogen replenishment, none of you will reach that point.

Mainly because it tastes great intra workout plus I like the calories.

N.O.V.

N.O.V.

MuscleHead
Jan 24, 2014
Mainly because it tastes great intra workout plus I like the calories.

Agreed. I also use it for the extra boost for strenuous workouts. As I posted in another thread, I often find myself yawning by the time I've finished my power movements for the day.. keeps me going a little longer.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
Why do you think you need an intra workout carb source?

And don't say glycogen replenishment, none of you will reach that point.

None of will reach that point? You're wrong. When dieting down its very easy to run on a low tank of glycogen. Using an intra workout carb drinks will boost glycogen levels so that you can train hard.

Same goes for a individual with a fast metabolism that train first thing in the AM who doesn't like training after eating.

Intra work carbs has its place...depends on the individual and their goals.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
None of will reach that point? You're wrong. When dieting down its very easy to run on a low tank of glycogen. Using an intra workout carb drinks will boost glycogen levels so that you can train hard.

Same goes for a individual with a fast metabolism that train first thing in the AM who doesn't like training after eating.

Intra work carbs has its place...depends on the individual and their goals.

You're wrong.

Every single amino acid with the exception of leucine is a glucogenic precursor.

You're largely underestimating the human body and its capabilities.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
You're wrong.

Every single amino acid with the exception of leucine is a glucogenic precursor.

You're largely underestimating the human body and its capabilities.

I need my own personal diesel around. I'm glad you came to the den

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic