Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Fat Gripz, anyone using them?

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
Thats nice...still wouldnt waste a penny on em.
Guy went from swearing by them to swearing at em.
Just lift the fucking weight.

Same could be said for any implement, just lift the fucking weight don't worry about belts, wraps and straps. Just because he swears at them does not mean he's swearing at the right thing. I do prefer using thick bars but my gym lacks them. To each their own, they do what they are designed to do, some will use them some won't.

Dragon70669

Dragon70669

Jun 6, 2011
I have a pair of these and they work great. I use them "to lift the fucking weight"! LOL They are a tool, an addditional method of changing things up.

stayaggro

stayaggro

Jan 23, 2012
Has anybody had any luck DIYing a pair? I was thinking about using the thick foam used for pipe insulation as an ultra cheap substitute (2 weeks till pay day AND I make minimum wage, haha) - I've heard the necessity to really clamp down, grip wise on the DIY'd foam version yields better results. I dunno though. New to this stuff.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
The only thing I could forsee with the foam is longevity. The fatgripz are pretty dense solid rubber.

stayaggro

stayaggro

Jan 23, 2012
I'm not too concerned about the durability, as I'm pretty sure I can find a lot of it for free. My only concern is keeping the foam in one place on the bar. I'm sure I'll think of something.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
It ups the ante quite a little bit, IMO. I prefer the Fat Gripz for curls, hammer curls, etc., more so than anything else.

I looked last week at my DB to see about attaching the gripz and unfortunately the handles are semi thick.

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
you should be fine to attach still BI! your just gonna get one hell of a forearm workout

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
All I would recommend is to go 60% on DB Curls for your first few sets. It will just sneak up on you. They crush my forearms and I know Halo and Hawk can attest to that.

I added them on sunday to my skullcrushers with chains. yeah they fucked me up pretty good. lol

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
All I would recommend is to go 60% on DB Curls for your first few sets. It will just sneak up on you. They crush my forearms and I know Halo and Hawk can attest to that.

I added them on sunday to my skullcrushers with chains. yeah they fucked me up pretty good. lol

I never thought of adding them with skulls. That sounds nasty.

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
LOL. the other day I started with them and chains, real nice because its not like the chains stay in one place they rock around and you gotta keep everything tight and stable.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I tried them a while back with skullcrushers and chains too...talk about an ass kicking.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic