Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Fat Gripz, anyone using them?

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Fat gripz are an awesome grip tool. If you have room for a fat bar they are cheap to make. I think we have three and they cost around 20 bucks a piece.

I think it is just schedule 80 pipe and muffler clamps will work if you dont have a welder. We used the non welded ones for years before we finally upgraded to the welded bar.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I can't wait to use them.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I have been using them for quite sometime now. Love them. Great tool and versatile. I do all kinds of dumb shit with them. I will press with a thicker bar and then slap them on to even add more difficulty. You can do all kinds of crazy shit. As for the issue with elbows or what ever, I can see where they could potentially give you some issues with tendonitis or whatever, but moderation would likely be the key there. Definitely worth the investment in my opinion.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I know 2 people who swear by them and even say the gripz have helped alleviate their shoulder issues. Not sure if that's actually the case but I would lean towards it being true since 2 different people are telling me this. I'm thinking of using them (since I got them now) for assisting pressing movements.

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
BI you will lovve them especially on DB curls and Standing OHP are awesome. killer but awesome.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
BI you will lovve them especially on DB curls and Standing OHP are awesome. killer but awesome.

I never thought about using them with curls. That'd be interesting.

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
I never thought about using them with curls. That'd be interesting.

It ups the ante quite a little bit, IMO. I prefer the Fat Gripz for curls, hammer curls, etc., more so than anything else.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I figure they might work well on some of the older hammer press machines I have in my gym with really narrow grips.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
It's not really trickery to use fat gripz anymore than it is trickery to use a fat bar, straps or even lifting as part of a routine. If he's blaming the grips for his elbow issue he's a moron.

IMO they are a pretty good substitution for thick bars at a fraction of the cost it would take to make said bars.

Thats nice...still wouldnt waste a penny on em.
Guy went from swearing by them to swearing at em.
Just lift the fucking weight.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
It ups the ante quite a little bit, IMO. I prefer the Fat Gripz for curls, hammer curls, etc., more so than anything else.

I'm going to give them a try during my next Wave for bicep curls.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Just used them on my arm workout for the first time tonight. Definitely adds an added dimension to the lift. You pretty much have to squeeze the bar the whole time they are in your hand which seems to give you added control but at the expense of tiring out the forearms. Result, massive pump to the forearms(and arms) without actually dedicating a forearm exercise. Worked great for the tricep push down, DB curls, ez bar curls. I'm definitley going to use them from now on.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic