Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Fat Gripz, anyone using them?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I think the skulls are aggravating my elbow. Do you think the chains will exacerbate it?

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I think JB hits on it a bit...I mean its a different feel. Free weight with the pressure of chains. And like you mention stability issues. Maybe you could go really light. I still say that close grip bench is the best tricep exercise, but I won't lie, I do the fat grip straight bar skull crushers. But I keep the weight within reason and I don't use it as a ME type of exercise.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Dips are awesome too..bodyweight or weighted, but I am still a bit skiddish about doing them with my stability issues.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I think JB hits on it a bit...I mean its a different feel. Free weight with the pressure of chains. And like you mention stability issues. Maybe you could go really light. I still say that close grip bench is the best tricep exercise, but I won't lie, I do the fat grip straight bar skull crushers. But I keep the weight within reason and I don't use it as a ME type of exercise.

CGB doesn't bother my elbow at all and is a favorite of mine.

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
been using them on my arm days and it really seem to help with elbow pain on extensions. i also wrap them in dip bars so i can do them with flat palm and it really helps to isolate my chest without shoulder pain.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
They have been awesome for all of my accessory work and farmers walks, but I don't like them for heavy presses as they are too soft and wiggle too much. I've done better by just using our Mastodon bar for benching.

Good idea about just making your own though.... I'll be heading to home depot tomorrow.

alpha

alpha

VIP Member
May 1, 2012
I saw a couple posts in here about 'cheaper then a fat bar.' Go to your local Home Depot. Get a 8' length of 2" hollow pipe (roughly $25). Get some normal hose clamps big enough to go around the pipe (these are your collars). Cut the bar down to any length you want or leave it at 8'. Voila...fat bar for less then 40 bucks.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic