Latest Member
AKC83
What's New?

Do you have Anxiety?

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Trazadone does it for me. Hawk, try Seroquel, it's a mother f-ker.

Seroquel? **** me. That shit knocks the shit out of you. Trazadone gave me a horrendous hangover feeling. Headaches. Xanax is decent. Part of my issue is pain and I have worked nights for over 10 years. I need a CPAP machine and a Memory Foam bed. Lol.

Northwestern

Northwestern

Nov 21, 2012
I like my memory foam, but need that extra something. And, yeah, Seroquel is rough stuff, but if you want to sleep for a couple of days. lolol Amitriptylene is in the same class as Traz, but feels very different and is chemically distinct. Maybe worth a shot. That said, a sleep study is likely the way to go. Best of luck with everything!

RageBlanket

RageBlanket

Feb 13, 2013
Good thread. I suffer from absolutely crippling anxiety and other assorted mental shit.

Like many of you, I've taken it ALL. Oddly enough, managing my hormones (stable test, E2) has helped immensely with the rage/depression/manic symptoms, while Buspar handles the anxiety. Also a Trazadone taker for sleep.

I also partake in intense therapy and other meditation/spirituality-heavy coping avenues as well.

Without being hyperbolic, for me managing mental illness is literally a full time job. I devote 5-6 hours (avg) a day just dealing with trying to get by without a scorched earth incident.

biggerben692000

biggerben692000

MuscleHead
Feb 3, 2012
If sleep is more of the issue than anxiety, try seroquel. You don't have to take it at doses that schitzo's take it. I am prescribed 90ct 25mg tabs...and take 1 2 or 3 at night for sleep. You get used to it and don't get that hangover.

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
I am asleep before my head hits the pillow.... and anything that interferes with my sleep goes out the window....I can sleep anywhere at anytime....

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
Dump the pills and try a glass of wine or beer.

StrongLyfe

StrongLyfe

Mr. Worxx
Aug 25, 2012
I am asleep before my head hits the pillow.... and anything that interferes with my sleep goes out the window....I can sleep anywhere at anytime....

that's one hardcore sleeper you are...props to that brother

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013

Must be nice. :(

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Thought I would bump this thread.

I've had a couple panic moments the past couple months.

One, I was at the store with my dad and we were walking around. I had drank an alcohol drink before we left so it made me kinda nauseated. I was feeling sick in the store and then the panic attack started. I can't describe what happens when you get one. People think they are psychological, but the symptoms are physical. I get a niacin flush which is miserable, then I literally forget to breath because I'm so uncomfortable. Then sweating starts.

I was able to calm myself down with a breathing technique, but even though I stopped it, I felt the effects of it for a couple weeks. I wasn't able to go back to that store with my dad for two weeks.

I had another one, a smaller one at the same store earlier this week. I have a virus right now and don't feel real well. I rode to the store with my dad, and I should have stayed home. We went to pay a bill at the courtesy booth. The line was a lot longer than I anticipated. So with the length of the line and me feeling sick, it started again. Once again, a niacin flush happened, and I started forgetting to breath properly. This time I walked around and grabbed an item I needed. I tried to occupy my mind while I was waiting for my dad to finish at the booth. I started to calm down again, and felt better once we left. But again, it left me feeling terrible.

Then yesterday, we went down the road in my neighbors new truck, I wasn't sure where we were going, and I still am sick. Once we left the neighborhood I got the niacin flush again and the same symptoms. I didn't mention anything, but right after that started, luckily he turned around to go back. I felt a huge relief and the symptoms subsided.

I've been having weird dreams too, they wake me up in almost a panic feeling.

Between recent incidents and yesterday, I think that's the closest I've come to crying in about 5 years. The last time I cried I was so angry from my situation, I lost it and couldn't control it.

It's miserable and I'm embarrassed to be this way, I can't stand when people I know from school ask me what I'm doing or if I got my job I was working towards. It really hurts when I have to tell them I'm trying to find my next venture. Because deep down I know I'm crippled mentally.

How does everyone deal with their panic attacks?? Breathing helps some, but one of my biggest problems is fear of getting a panic attack. It causes me to avoid certain situations and limit myself to what I do.

The dr gave me klonodine, but it doesn't really stop my nerves, it just makes me tired.

Last edited:
Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I have anxiety worse than I ever even imagined existed I did not evn believe in anxiety till I have it, 14 months of it now and down 30# Of harde earned muscle and mentally damaged for life I am sure............wtf?
I am going to read the above book I have tried everything else.

J

J2048b

MuscleHead
Jul 2, 2012
I have anxiety worse than I ever even imagined existed I did not evn believe in anxiety till I have it, 14 months of it now and down 30# Of harde earned muscle and mentally damaged for life I am sure............wtf?
I am going to read the above book I have tried everything else.

Hope it helps some? Ive never read it so not sure if its a bs book or if it will give good tips, just found it on my computer, a friend gave it to me a while back!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic