DLTBB Progress Log

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
12th October

Cardio:

• 15 minutes stationary bike 150BPM
Pull:
  • Pull-up 3 x 15 - Hit these with super strict form with a 2-second hold and squeeze at the top of each rep, training with a calisthenics lover so had to hold my own
  • Iliac pull pyramid up to 3 sets of 6-8
  • T-bar row pyramid up to 3 sets of 6-8
  • Single straight arm pull-down 3 x 8-12
  • Preacher curl 3 x 8-12
  • Straight barbell curl 10 x 10 (passing the bar from one to the other immediately, they suggested it, I went along with it for fun, I know it’s not OPTIMAL)
Been training with my mate who’s super into calisthenics this week so some of the sessions have had things we’ve done for fun. Still had some solid workouts but went slightly off topic during most of them. Still got some good top sets on most compounds though.

Plugged my first suppository last night, surprisingly not too bad.

Somebody died yesterday on the mountain I’m due to walk up on Saturday. Apparently got separated from his friends. I’m cool with it and I know I’ll be absolutely fine but my Mrs is worrying now. We’re gonna take a rope in case visibility becomes terrible.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
13th October

Cardio:

• N/A
Legs:
  • Leg extension pyramid up to 3 sets of 6-8 and 1 set of 6 x 3 second negatives
  • Plate loaded hack squat pyramid up to 3 sets of 6-8 (tried to bail out at 3 reps on final set when I got stuck in the hole but spotter gave a little touch)
  • Single pin leg press pyramid up to 3 sets of 6-8
  • Lying leg curl 3 x 8-10 and 1 set of 6 x 3 second negatives
  • Standing calf raise 3 x 10
  • Seated calf raise 3 x 10

Will have tomorrow off as a rest day so I’m as fresh I can be for Saturday. Hopefully I don’t get DOMS which carries over, need my legs to be fully mobile and operational ideally.
Had a solid week of training this week. Some really good sets and tried a few things I wouldn’t usually do because I’ve been training with somebody else. Good to get a bit of exposure training with others to keep things fresh sometimes IMO.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
Having a rest today. Annoyingly got a bit of DOMS from yesterday's leg session. I've done a bit of stretching and worked on it with the massage gun. Hoping it clears up a little by the time I start my hike. The pain I had in my foot from last weekend is nearly gone. I've got some new insoles for my boots so hoping I can complete this without any major pain or discomfort. I've got my alarm set for 1AM. Going to try to get to bed, or at least settled, for 7PM. Really hope I can get some sleep as I did Helvellyn on 1 hour of sleep and it's quite frankly dangerous. The walk should take about 5 hours, hoping to be back down for 9:30-10AM. Taking the camera and mount so I should get some decent footage if visibility allows.

Got my gear all folded up and laid out on the bed and my food packed, I'm a proper geek.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
Had to abandon ship fellas. Got about 700M up (of around ~920M to the top) and the weather got ridiculous. It was raining most of the way up but it got HEAVY and very windy. We could barely see in front of us and all of our waterproofs had soaked through. It was too wet and windy to attempt to stop and add/remove layers. We made the decision to head back down and cut it short. Kind of annoying but it would have been dangerous to continue. The walk itself wasn’t my kind of walk, just thousands of stairs up and up and up, too monotonous for me. I prefer a scramble. We blew a tyre 5 mins in to the drive home and had to call somebody out for an emergency repair. Lovely day.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
Pretty spent fellas. I’m feeling a bit of tenderness around the ankle but no swelling so far. Hoping it doesn’t effect my training. I’ve just spent 20 minutes stretching my legs, lower back and working on ankle mobility. I think I’m going to need to step up the BPM on the cardio and do more mobility work in general going forward because I was flagging at some points this morning. Honestly, if that was my first taste of hiking, I doubt I’d want to do it again. Thankfully my first was in good conditions and I know it isn’t always horrendous up there. My Mrs is pestering me to do some karaoke so I’m going to do a couple of Sinatra tunes and retire shortly after. Sleep is needed.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
16th October

Cardio:

• 10 x Ski ERG intervals
Push:
  • Decline barbell bench pyramid up to 3 sets of 6-8
  • Plate loaded shoulder press pyramid up to 3 sets of 6-8
  • Dip 3 x failure
  • Cable cuffed lateral raise 2 x 12, 1 x 20
  • Cable fly 3 x 12
  • Cross body pushdown 3 x 12
Did half an hour stretching/mobility at home too.

A lad came over in the gym and asked if I’m @mancmuscle, felt like a celebrity TBH.

Gonna take the dog out for a nice walk and go go for a roast dinner shortly. Should be a nice Sunday.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
Did a nice 5 mile walk through a nearby forest. Lovely views and completely tired the dog out so getting some peace and quiet for once. My ankle feels pretty good now. Can’t see it preventing me from training legs on Tuesday.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
17th October

Cardio:

• 10 x Ski ERG intervals

Pull:
(Quick session as my mate had to get back home to tend to his poorly Mrs)
  • Lat pull-down with Angles 90 grips pyramid up to 3 sets of 6-8
  • Plate loaded row pyramid up to 3 sets of 6-8
  • Single straight arm pull-down 3 x 10
  • Preacher curl 4 x 10 and 1 drop set to finish

Quite a quick session. We battered the intervals on the ski, my mate had his watch running and he never came back down to below 130BPM for the whole session. Probably detracted from the actual workout but we need to push ourselves and get fitter so we can conquer mountains etc.

Also did 25 minutes mobility using a YouTube tutorial while working from home today. My mobility is dire. Definitely need to work on that.

Quick picture of me looking like a bulky bearded turbo manlet for those of you who are in to that kind of thing:

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
Trying to work through a couple of mobility videos during my downtime while working from home. Didn't realise how horrendous my hip mobility is. Definitely need to work on that. I can get deep in to a squat but I have next to no internal/external rotation at the moment.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
18th October

Cardio:

• N/A
Legs:
  • Barbell SLDL 3 x 6
  • Hamstring curl 3 x 8-12
  • Single leg extension 3 x 8-12
  • Hyperextension 3 x failure
  • Seated calf raise 3 x 12, 1 x 20

Went more hamstring focused because my quads have been getting too much attention and my hamstrings and glutes are lagging hard. As mentioned earlier, done lots of stretching to help loosen up hips and improve mobility, my mobility at the moment is comically bad.

Going for a catch up with my cousin and some food but will keep it reasonable rather than eating like a pig. Are purely bro foods all day so far as my stomach has been growling. Stopping with that stupid medication as of today (lasted less than a week). GI Doctor can’t prescribe anything else yet but will be able to once my results from the scope come back.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
19th October

Cardio:

• N/A
Push:
  • Flat barbell bench press 3 x 6
  • Standing barbell press 3 x 6
  • Cable fly 3 x 12
  • DB Y-raise 3 x 20
  • Single arm push-down 4 x 10
Simple but effective. Still feeling a little niggling pain in my left arm where the forearm and bicep meet from my pull session earlier in the week. Heavy neutral grip pulling didn’t agree with me it seems.

Legs as of today:

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
I had a rest day booked in but a plan I had fell through so I went and trained. Didn’t want to mess up mine and my mate’s rotation so did an arm day for fun in another gym, high volume pump stuff. Probably should’ve just stuck with the rest day but I can’t help it sometimes. Off on a hike tomorrow afternoon but not 100% where yet, going to check the weather before we set off and make a decision based on that. Hopefully not a repeat of last week’s catastrophe!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic