• 30 minutes cycle
Push:
  • Flat plate loaded machine press pyramid up to 3 sets of 6-8
  • Anterior delt press pyramid up to 3 sets of 6-8
  • Close grip press pyramid up to 3 sets of 6-8
  • Cross body extension 3 x 10-12
  • Incline cable fly 3 x 10-12
  • Lateral DB raise 3 x 10-12
Heading to Yorkshire tomorrow afternoon so may need to take a couple of days off. Depends if there’s a gym nearby. Either way I might take it easy as I’ll be doing lots of walking. We’ll see.

Feeling stronger on pressing movements at the minute despite being on cruise. No niggles or pains at all.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
Woke up at 3AM for a hike. Only a baby one in comparison to some of the recent ones (Mam Tor). Must’ve been about 4:15-4:30 when we started to go up. The AllTrails route predicted it’d take us a couple of hours to reach the summit but we did it in just over an hour which meant we would’ve had to hang around for an hour up at the top to catch the sunrise. As soon as we got up there, it started blowing a gale so there was no chance we were waiting. Started heading down and was almost done by the time the sun came up. Still though, almost 3 hours cardio polished off before 8AM. I can’t complain.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
7th October

Cardio:

• 3-hour hike (15,000 steps, 800 calories and topped out at 180BPM jogging up the steepest gradients)
Pull:
  • Wide grip pull-up 3 x failure
  • Kneeling cable row pyramid up to 3 x 6-8
  • Iliac pull-down (single arm) 4 x 10-12
  • Straight arm cable pull-down (single arm in cuff) 4 x 8-12
  • Cable preacher curl (single arm) 3 x 10-12
  • Barbell 21’s 2 sets
Surprised I found the energy after the long walk but got it done and got some pretty productive sets out considering. The pump wasn’t as good as usual, must’ve been quite depleted because I hadn’t ate a great deal and had burned tons of calories before training, but I got it done and I’m sure I will more than make up for it with the calories over in Yorkshire this weekend.

Pissing it down here at the moment, hopefully it clears up a little bit because we’ve got a few nice walks and trips planned.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
Went on a long walk today. Covered over 10 miles and just shy of 30,000 steps. Really nice round here! Was playing with the new camera on a mode called TimeShift which makes some interesting footage (below). Going to have my last real meal now and then I’m not allowed to eat all day tomorrow because I’m getting the camera up my ass on Monday morning.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
Another decent walk today of about 16,000 steps. Keep in mind I haven’t been able to eat, so it’s good going. Felt a little light headed but overall not too bad. Went to a place called Malham Cove, apparently they filmed some of the 7th Harry Potter movie there. I can’t remember the scene, not gonna lie. Just had my first dose of bowel prep so will probably be pissing out of my arse all night. Should be fun.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
All done. Wasn’t bad at all really. Had to go to the bathroom a few times in the night etc. but that’s pretty normal for me anyway. No signs of cancer which was a little worry in the back of my mind. They’ve taken 6 biopsies from different areas. Said they could see ulcers etc. They’re putting me on mesalazine suppositories to begin with. I reckon that’s all I’ll need to be fair. It ain’t too severe right now. And I’ve told them never to put me on Prednisolone again which they’ve noted.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
No signs of cancer, that is awesome brother!

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
10th October

Cardio:

• 30 minute cycle
Legs:
  • Hack squat pyramid up to 3 sets of 6-8
  • Plate-loaded front squat pyramid up to 3 sets of 6-8
  • Leg extension 2 x 6-8 and 1 set of 6 reps of heavy assisted negatives
  • Leg curl 2 x 6-8 and 1 set of 6 reps of heavy assisted negatives
  • Standing calf raise 20, 15, 12, 10, 8 and 6 (pyramid)
Trained with a friend and had a gnarly session. Really pushed each other and our final working sets of 6-8 were balls to the wall.

Didn’t feel any ill effects post-colonoscopy. Don’t even really think I felt the Fentanyl or any of the sedation I was given to be honest. But at least I know I’ve not got cancer now, so I can rest easy.

DLTBB

DLTBB

Aug 30, 2022
11th October

Cardio:

• N/A - Time constraints!
Push:
  • Plate-loaded incline press pyramid up to 3 sets of 6-8 (also played with some sets of 1-3)
  • Seated barbell press pyramid up to 3 sets of 6-8
  • Dip pyramid up to 3 sets of 6-8 (+150lbs top sets today)
  • Pec deck 3 x 10-12
  • Reverse peck deck 3 x 10-12
  • Single arm pushdown 3 x 10-12
Another good session in the bag with my mate. At a similar level strength wise, I edge him on some lifts and him me on others so it’s a good push for one another.

Finally got my prescription through for my UC meds so I’m going to pick them up from the chemist shortly. Not overly thrilled to be sticking medication up my butt, but if it helps bring me back to normality, I’ll do it.

Diet was a bit haywire today as I was in the office for the first time in ages and they decided to buy us dinner and provide tons of snacks all day. Gone slightly over my calorie goal but will reduce intake tomorrow to bring my average for the week back to where it should be.

Got a little bit of an injury at the moment in my foot. I think it’s from excessive walking over the weekend with no arch support in my shoes. It’s a dull ache on the lower outer side of my foot. Going to rest it and have bought some insoles for my shoes in preparation for Saturday’s hike.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic