Bits & Pieces:
- N/A - Due to hike tomorrow morning so conserving some energy.
- Seated DB press (90 degrees) 3 x 8-12 (110lbs DB’s top sets)
- Lateral DB raise 3 x 15-20
- Weighted dip 3 sets to failure (+120lbs DB) 16/15/12 reps
- Skull crusher (EZ bar) 3 x 15-12
- Underhand grip pull-up 3 sets to failure
- 30 minutes full body mobility - ticked this off first thing in the morning. Had a bit of tightness in my upper back when I woke up, possibly from heavy T-bars. Stretching sorted it out.
Quick session. Took the dog out for a walk beforehand also. We didn’t hit legs as planned as having DOMS in legs would kill us on any steep uphill sections of tomorrow’s walk. I’ve made that mistake too many times already.
This was more of a bonus session and tying up any loose ends from the previous weeks/giving attention to areas/movements which I feel have been neglected. Legs I’ll either hit next session or skip them for one rotation depending on how I feel after the walk. I can afford to skip a leg session at the moment as they’re outgrowing my upper body.
I’m not a bodybuilding nut by any stretch of the imagination but I do subscribe to a couple of bodybuilding news channels on YouTube and did keep up to date with the Olympia over the weekend. Mainly Classic and not so much open. Chris Bumstead is a God and has the craziest physique. Glad to see him bag another title. Open didn’t look too bad either, Hadi and Derek have a much better look than Ramy, so nice to see them placing higher this year. Bumstead is physique goals though.
Heading out for a hike very early tomorrow morning. Hoping to be down and back in Manchester by dinner time, so it’s going to be a really early get-up. We’re going to a route near Snowdon in Wales again. It looks as if it’s been raining and most of the snow will have cleared by now I imagine. I expect it’ll be quite slippy and not quite as scenic as our last outing, but will be nice cardio all the same. I will post any decent pictures I take in here tomorrow. Training tomorrow is doubtful as I’ll likely be tired, but I’ll see how I feel.
All of my supplements have arrived now, so current stack is as follows.
- Sustanon (SG) 450mg per week
- Mast E (SG) 100mg per week
- Primo E (SG) 100mg per week
- Aromasin (Pfizer) 6.25-12.5mg as required
- Telmisartan 40mg per day (blood pressure has been up a few points due to a little stress/bad sleep lately, this is to help regulate it)
- Dream Sleep (L-Tryptophan, Valerian Root, Magnesium, Ashwaganda, L-Theanine, 5-HTP, Zinc & B6)
- Love Heart (Citrus Bergamot, Ubiquinol, Grape Seed Extract & Celery Seed Extract)
- Vital Support (Astragalus, NAC, IP6, TUDCA, Pine Bark Extract)
This should put me in a good place to gain a little muscle without screwing up my blood work too much. I’ve got a blood pressure cuff so I’ll be keeping tabs on that and I will get a full blood panel once every 4-6 weeks through my GP. I’ll post updates on results of bloods after one month of continuous use of the supplements and let you know if liver/kidneys/BP changes much. The sleep supplement is helping with deeper sleep but still have issues drifting off some nights, mainly due to stress but doing what I can to mitigate that.
Calories I will be shooting for a 300 calorie surplus with 1g protein/lb bodyweight and will be eating back calories consumed on days where I do more cardio than usual, e.g. tomorrow’s hike.