Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Crossfit or Regular Gym ?

lolsoz

lolsoz

Jan 28, 2012
Whats up guysss havent been on here for a while. Im on my summer vacation and after my arm accident i havent touched a weight in a couple of months, and with rugby pre-season starting in February in need to stark working out now! with all my supplementss! I am right now weighing in about 60kg I AM VERY OUT OF SHAPE!! What do you guys recomend to do crossfit for the cardiovascularity that it gives you , but il be super thin , or go to the normal gym and get hugeeee.

I need your thoughts on this !!! Thanks guys

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I guess it all depends on what you need rather than want. Are you more of a power player or a skills player? If skills I would hit the crossfit gym, I don't necessarily think you will get super thin, just lean. I'm not a big crossfit advocate or anything but I think it can be very beneficial for athletes and functional strength. Crossfit "fast enough to catch you, strong enough to hold you down" but then again you don't have to just hit a crossfit gym for that kind of routine. You can make a balanced split with heavy, power/limit strength days, endurance days and circuits, hiit days, and still make room for sport specific skills. I love getting huge, we all do lol. It's hard to turn away from, even for a bit. But my opinion is to do the routine that is most beneficial to your goals.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I would say gym with heavy weights only because I'm biased against crossfit BUT, BUT, BUUUUT...whatever will be more beneficial for your goals and rugby, then do that, hell maybe even both. They both have a place. Good luck.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
If you're worried about being deconditioned, CrossFit is the absolute worst idea ever. High reps with horrifying form is a recipe for career ending injuries.

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
Why is the word f.u.c.k. edited but we can still say crossfit?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Why is the word f.u.c.k. edited but we can still say crossfit?

Don't tell anyone but Admin actually has gotten into crossfit lately. Keeps talking about elite this, forging that...

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I always hated on crossfit but I've incorporated their workouts 2x a week for the past 2.5 months.
I thought I was in good shape before then but I wasn't. It kicks your ass into gear and you're also doing
very heavy lifting in the low rep range (not for time. form is the focus).
Most CF gyms have Oly only sections which is great for strength and power.

I enjoy powerlifting, bodybuilding and crossfit. I'm not sure I could pick just one...however;

If you need your ass kicked into gear and your endurance to be up then crossfit is a good choice.
The downside, it's expensive and you can do all of that stuff on your own if you have the experience.

EDIT - note - I incorporated crossfit workouts 2x a week for conditioning purposes
and it's worked very well. However, I still need my hypertrophy and dedicated strength
workouts (CF has these as well but can easily be done on your own obviously)

Last edited:
Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Anything you can gain from CrossFit could be done with P90x or Zumba classes. The only positive gained from its existence is that Oly Shoes, Bumpers and Kettlebells have become much cheaper.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic