Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK

Countdown to RPS - NY; FLEX & 5.0

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
May your lights be green and you stay injury free.

Good Luck to all 3 of you!

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
That is correct. Rheta is awesome. They have turned that gym into a mini community within itself and the commeroderie there is second to none since they took over ownership. I've been a Hercules member since the previous owner had it and I loved it then, but what they have turned it into now is something more than just a gym. It's family oriented (including kids) and the regulars there are like a family. Any of my clients that aren't members only pay $5 to train there, and on any given bench/deadlift/squat day that place draws a huge crowd. Last Saturday there were at least 30 people there for 1 rep max bench day, and some were from out of town. And Rheta has an amazing amount of female powerlifters training there with her. Never seen anything like it and in all honesty, I have developed a new love and respect for powerlifting because of it

Last edited:
FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
That's awesome. I wish there was a place like that for me here.

Actually been thinking about opening my own PL Club lately. Mrs Flex is not crazy about that as we're at that age we need to plan for retirement, not start a new risky venture.

Anyway, if you could make it out to Rochester to watch me and 5.0 compete that would be awesome.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
I would love to come out and support my boys as well as my friends here on TID, however I have a game that won't make that possible for me this time. I made a promise that after football season I would train with those guys full time and attend meets with them. Perhaps even jump on the platform myself at some point. When that time comes I look forward meeting you guys and supporting you as well

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
Count on it. In the meantime if you're ever in the Syracuse area you guys are more than welcome to stop in to Hercules anytime. I can get you a day pass for $5 and honestly I would cover that for you. Check us out on facebook (Hercules Syracuse) for pics and vids too. I'll definitely mention to Rheta how highly you spoke of her when I see her tomorrow too

Last edited:
Reactions: 5.0

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
just checked out the roster, 10 other guys in my weight class! I don't want the lowest total, FUK!

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
just checked out the roster, 10 other guys in my weight class! I don't want the lowest total, FUK!

Don't worry about anything but yourself!. Get on the platform, hopefully set a few PR's, and get in the books as a PLer. Don't worry about what anyone else is doing, especially in your first meet!

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Don't worry about anything but yourself!. Get on the platform, hopefully set a few PR's, and get in the books as a PLer. Don't worry about what anyone else is doing, especially in your first meet!

Thanks for that reminder DYS, I'm only there to beat myself (no pun intended). Cannot fukn wait!!! This wk sux with no training, I want to lift and calm down

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
Count on it. In the meantime if you're ever in the Syracuse area you guys are more than welcome to stop in to Hercules anytime. I can get you a day pass for $5 and honestly I would cover that for you. Check us out on facebook (Hercules Syracuse) for pics and vids too. I'll definitely mention to Rheta how highly you spoke of her when I see her tomorrow too

Jesus HA...I didn't know that was where you're too.

you know....you might not be too far away to receive a big sweaty newfy man hug some day. Still a strut ,but with family out Kingston way...a two hour spin might not be too far to go see your ugly mug someday.

flex is way closer but I fear he may hurt me.....good luck flexy...and to mrs. Flex too!!!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic