Latest Member
Rolanalon

Countdown to RPS - NY; FLEX & 5.0

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Get a room you two.

congrats to both of you! You are inspiring. I want to try it someday.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Yessir!!! Love the excitement on the squats and deads.
PRs across the board is phenomenal!

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
Nice work sir!

job very very well done!!!!

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
I had an absolutely awesome first meet, what an experience! Mr & Mrs flex were amazing to have there in my corner showing me the ropes and pumping me up. I totaled 1075 for 3rd place, went 375/255/445. Nailed all 3 squats, failed 3rd attempt bench at 285 and failed 3rd dl at 475. Met great people, learned alot, and had fun!!! Wrist rolled and I dumped the bar rite at lockout on 3rd bench attempt.....damn that knurling is deep! Wasn't mentally setup for 3rd dl and failed. Squats were solid and that's where I was most concerned. This is only the beginning

Just got home and I am broken. Could barely get out of the car my knees were screaming.

But it was worth it.

For the first time I was firing on all cylinders and got Meet PRs across the board so obviously my best total yet.

600, 320, 600 for a 1520 total.

Opened with 560 on squats. Total kafukkery. Was wrapped way too early because the lifters before me were slow and running down the timer. I was dying by the time I addressed the bar. Then the rack was too high so I had to wait while they reset. I got the lift but got a warning as I was anxious to get it done after all that time wrapped I descended at the same time as he called the command so I got a warning but good lift.

Second attempt was 590 and the plan was to go for 610 as my 3rd. Wasn't set up right and paused at the bottom and as I came up I pitched forward and blew the lift. Felt like going home at that point. Nutted up and called for 600 as my 3rd attempt and got it.

Bench was uneventful. Opened with 300, then 310 and 320; all good lifts.

Deads were a chore but I forged my way through a 560 opener, 580 second and 600 final.

I am sitting on my front porch enjoying a nice cold beer with Mrs Flex so I will try to get pics/vids up when I can.

Thanks for all the support. :)

-=FLEX=-

Great job 5.0 and FLEXjs !!!

Hell of a first meet 5.0, and after doing a meet, your training is going to go to a new level in terms of mental preparedness and focus. That 375 squat is huge for a first meet, and missing on 3rd attempts just meant that you were not going to leave any weight behind on the platform. You'll get them on your second attempts at your next meet (when will it be, 3-4 months from now?? :D )

Damn, Flex! Those three lifts were great, but that 600 squat!!! lol ... Damn! That's all I can say.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Great job all around guys.

Flex - congrats on the big PR's.

5.0 - congrats on busting your cherry.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Great job fellas!!!

Flex- you should know by now that you can't wear t-shirts while you deadlift.

....rookie :)

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Great job fellas!!!

Flex- you should know by now that you can't wear t-shirts while you deadlift.

....rookie :)
In Flex's defense, some people just don't look good in a singlet. I don't know if that's the case with Flex, but it is with me. I am pro- t-shirt for deadlifts.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
In Flex's defense, some people just don't look good in a singlet. I don't know if that's the case with Flex, but it is with me. I am pro- t-shirt for deadlifts.

Meh, rock whatever you got.

It's like a mom that has stretch marks and still wears a 2 piece at the beach. Just fukkin do it and be proud of it.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
BEASTS OF NEW YORK powerlifting meet at Hercules Syracuse. November 21st

Reactions: 5.0
FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Just a little update...

Rankings were finally updated on powerliftingwatch.com this week.

I moved up to 20th, and Mrs Flex broke into the rankings at 9th after her 2nd competition.

Very proud of her.

U

uncxrt

MuscleHead
Sep 7, 2015
Just a little update...

Rankings were finally updated on powerliftingwatch.com this week.

I moved up to 20th, and Mrs Flex broke into the rankings at 9th after her 2nd competition.

Very proud of her.

Very cool! Congrats to both of you!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic