Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Corona Virus. How much of a threat is it?

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I am sensing some bonding here between CFM and Jin, and it is blowing my fucking paradigm outta the water.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
I am sensing some bonding here between CFM and Jin, and it is blowing my fucking paradigm outta the water.

We’re related. Sometimes we even show affection.

The beatings were bad when I was a kid. Now that I can take him we get along better.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
How old were you when you first discovered that Uncle CFM was Dad too?

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Clearly this virus has a higher transmission rate than a regular flu, because hospital workers don't wear masks on a regular basis. But if 50,000 people die each year from the flu, I'm assuming that every flu victim that is ill enough to go to the hospital doesn't normally die.

Let's say 50% of those sick enough with the flu to have to go to the hospital actually die annually. If that's the case (that seems like a high percentage, but since it's a guess, why not?), then we usually have 100,000 people each year hospitalized with the flu. As we don't hear about hospital bed shortages each year due to the flu, our health system obviously has no problem handling this number of people solely for the flu. That doesn't take into account all the other maladies... asthma, accidents, pneumonia, heart disease, diabetes, etc.

I'm curious if the biggest concern is not the disease itself, but the rate of infection and strain on hospital services, specifically respiration services. I wish the news organizations would do a better job focusing on that as the concern, rather than trying to scare everyone to death.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Clearly this virus has a higher transmission rate than a regular flu, because hospital workers don't wear masks on a regular basis. But if 50,000 people die each year from the flu, I'm assuming that every flu victim that is ill enough to go to the hospital doesn't normally die.

Let's say 50% of those sick enough with the flu to have to go to the hospital actually die annually. If that's the case (that seems like a high percentage, but since it's a guess, why not?), then we usually have 100,000 people each year hospitalized with the flu. As we don't hear about hospital bed shortages each year due to the flu, our health system obviously has no problem handling this number of people solely for the flu. That doesn't take into account all the other maladies... asthma, accidents, pneumonia, heart disease, diabetes, etc.

I'm curious if the biggest concern is not the disease itself, but the rate of infection and strain on hospital services, specifically respiration services. I wish the news organizations would do a better job focusing on that as the concern, rather than trying to scare everyone to death.

It wouldn’t be the news if they weren’t trying to scare people to death. But that’s correct, it’s the quick rate of infection and those needing care is the problem rather than the disease itself.

Hospitals are okay to deal with seasonal Flu, and have enough beds for those cases, plus the routine accidents and other ER issues, however, a new disease that causes a quicker and longer period period on top of current Flu levels and accidents are what would overwhelm the system.

And it would suck to be that doctor or nurse who would have to decide who is getting care to survive and who’s left to suffer and die. And what’s to say that person who is receiving care will survive.

point is, the current health care system isn’t set up for a pandemic, only set up to handle the typical normal seasonal stuff.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I'll tell ya what is pathetic, If I may...

So, I'm in the local liquor store, well, buying liquor….I ask the servant how the liquor stores are open when only essential buss. should be....He tells me that they are deemed essential...I'm like, "what"?....He laughs and says, "yeah, it's been determined that if alcoholics don't get there fix, then there would be a boat load of problems that would make the cv look "childish"."..

Are u kidding?....So, in this country (USA),we have such an alcoholic issue that we are afraid to shut down a liquor store?...I'm with CFM, I DON'T THINK the cv is our major concern...

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I'll tell ya what is pathetic, If I may...

So, I'm in the local liquor store, well, buying liquor….I ask the servant how the liquor stores are open when only essential buss. should be....He tells me that they are deemed essential...I'm like, "what"?....He laughs and says, "yeah, it's been determined that if alcoholics don't get there fix, then there would be a boat load of problems that would make the cv look "childish"."..

Are u kidding?....So, in this country (USA),we have such an alcoholic issue that we are afraid to shut down a liquor store?...I'm with CFM, I DON'T THINK the cv is our major concern...
They would require to many beds and in this current situation that is not possible

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
An alcoholic going through withdrawal is an ICU level patient about 72hrs after last drink. We need those beds for sick people so they gotta keep the booze flowing. They also linger in those beds for days.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
An alcoholic going through withdrawal is an ICU level patient about 72hrs after last drink. We need those beds for sick people so they gotta keep the booze flowing. They also linger in those beds for days.
Liquor sales are up over 400% here since the bars and restaurants are closed.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016

Mike, last time I researched this, heroine withdraw systems are milder compared to alcohol withdraw systems...Is this correct?...I thought I also read where more people die from the withdraws from alcohol, than heroine...Is this right too?...

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Liquor sales are up over 400% here since the bars and restaurants are closed.

Ya wanna go into the moonshine buss. with me, brah?...Very easy to start it up...Really limited funds needed...U in?... :)

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Mike, last time I researched this, heroine withdraw systems are milder compared to alcohol withdraw systems...Is this correct?...I thought I also read where more people die from the withdraws from alcohol, than heroine...Is this right too?...

You cannot die from a heroine withdrawal.

You can die coming off booze.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic