Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Corona Virus. How much of a threat is it?

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
“Man starts airplane company last week: expecting $10 million bailout from government”

“Indiana – Local man Rodney, from Indianapolis launched an airline company this week called “Bailout Flights”. The mission of Bailout Flights is to collect a portion of the $54 billion of bailout money going to the airline industry. Rodney spoke on record stating how he is confident Bailout Flights will collect at least $10 million dollars.

“I’m pretty darn sure Bailout Flights will be able to collect at least $10 million dollars from the government,” Rodney stated. “You see, the government isn’t very smart. I highly doubt those government ‘officials’ will even check to see how long Bailout Flights has been in business.

Rodney isn’t alone in this entrepreneurial venture. There have been 25 new airline companies started in the past week and over 50 cruise ship companies. Half of these companies are headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida and the other half in Bermuda.

“I’m in the process of launching several cruise ship companies as well,” Rodney said with a capitalist smirk on his face. “I’ve already got a name picked out: The Titanic II, III and IV.”

Rodney already has plans what he wants to do with the $10 million paycheck coming in the mail. “Hookers and booze,” he says. According to Keynesian economic theory, in a downturn hookers and booze have the highest internal rate of return – proven by multiple back-testing strategies. “Every first-year economics student knows that hookers and booze have the highest rate of return in an economic downturn. These are blue chip assets,” Rodney states.”

https://thestonkmarket.com/man-star...rom-government/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Back to work 2 days and our OR is only doing Tier 1 surgeries as of Friday (life threatening). I’m only 2yrs out from being ER so I’ve been offered a position there or furlough. I’ll be back on the frontlines Monday FML.

My wife has MS and is on immunosuppressive meds (Gilenya) so she’s being allowed to stay on the skeleton staff in the OR where it’s much safer and cleaner.

I think I’m going to move her and my daughter in with her mom to protect her from me if it gets as bad as NYC down here in South Jersey.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Back to work 2 days and our OR is only doing Tier 1 surgeries as of Friday (life threatening). I’m only 2yrs out from being ER so I’ve been offered a position there or furlough. I’ll be back on the frontlines Monday FML.

My wife has MS and is on immunosuppressive meds (Gilenya) so she’s being allowed to stay on the skeleton staff in the OR where it’s much safer and cleaner.

I think I’m going to move her and my daughter in with her mom to protect her from me if it gets as bad as NYC down here in South Jersey.

Sorry to hear it about your wife, my bro!...Stay positive!...Sounds like u have a good "heart"....I'll be thinking about u and your family!....Shoot me a PM if u need a listening ear!!!!!d...Peace!

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hopefully the corona dies down a bit with spring and summer coming into view. Be safe Mike! Will kee you and the family in my prayers

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
Correct me if im wrong, but the survival rate of 97% is based on the number of people confirmed through testing postive for the china man cough. Obviously the death rate is based off the number tested and die. That doesnt take into account the unreported and untested cases of the wuhan wheeze. The estimated rate is 50% of the population has the virus and asymptomatic, therefore untested. So if you take that into consideration the survival rate would be a lot higher than 97%.

So assuming a very conservative rate of 98.5% survival then worst case scenario if every single person in this country was infected would only result in 4.9 Million dead. Thats every man woman and child. If we took the actual estimate given of 70-150 million and used then it would only result in 2.2 million dead.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
*LOL*....Again, let me preface this, I'm neutral....Been doing a little "cheating", if u will, read on some other boards where some are saying this is a biochemical type of plug by choice govs...

What do ya think?...Are they right?...Of course, I have my own opinion and would be happy to share it with u, but u will have to P.M. me due to a couple of members trying to claim I'm "looney" as one put it, *LOL*...Now, I'm not taking offense to those assertions, but I don't want to ruffle any more feathers either, publicaly...

So then, if u want my view of what is taken place, just P.M....Otherwise, state your view on what I have posted openly....I'm gonna now go and hit a little Jimmy and will start with, "God bless AMerICA", *lol*…..Of course, in Jimmy's style!!!!...Good gracious, he can make the national anthem sound like a "hit"....Peace!

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Correct me if im wrong, but the survival rate of 97% is based on the number of people confirmed through testing postive for the china man cough. Obviously the death rate is based off the number tested and die. That doesnt take into account the unreported and untested cases of the wuhan wheeze. The estimated rate is 50% of the population has the virus and asymptomatic, therefore untested. So if you take that into consideration the survival rate would be a lot higher than 97%.

So assuming a very conservative rate of 98.5% survival then worst case scenario if every single person in this country was infected would only result in 4.9 Million dead. Thats every man woman and child. If we took the actual estimate given of 70-150 million and used then it would only result in 2.2 million dead.

I think your final, lower number estimates are reasonable and hopefully even a bit high.

The death rate climbs when the hospitals are overwhelmed.

The overall cost of the virus isn’t just the death toll. It’s crippled the economy, it will halt all non-life threatening medical procedures (radiation for cancer, chemo etc) and people will not be able to get treatment for non covid maladies during crunch time.

Average ICU stay is over 2 weeks. No country has the beds for the numbers this thing will bring in and nobody has a great solution to keep the economy going.

I have heard rumors of a cure: injectable antibodies. Not a vaccine so this not beholden to the rigorous trials the FDA demands of vaccines.

My friend works at a major financial firm and their healthcare analysts are fairly confident in this coming to fruition. The firm is basing their financial strategies on the drug being announced in the next two months.

Pure speculation. And even with a “cure” we’re in this thing for months to come.

The same virus in a place like India, Bangladesh, African countries (slums, huge population, lack of education in lower classes, no access to healthcare ) will have a much more devastating effect.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Injectible antibodies are already curing cancer via CAR-T therapy. Not sure if that same theory could be used or a virus @Jin but who knows.

Locus in India, death of livestock with the swine flu, we better set the Jews free before the rest of the 10 plagues of Egypt show up......

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
Today:

1. Ran out of disposable thermometers
2. 3 Patients total today. 2 out of my 3 worsened towards the end of shift. One place on HighFlo, the other Temperatures are not breaking.
3. My job charges $10/day for the TV. I paid $80 to allow 4 patients to have TV for 2 days each.
4. new shipment of n95 face mask. words on the boxes are in Spanish. made by 3M. questionable bootleg face mask. or other latin countries have different standards...because the new n95 mask in Spanish are much thinner than previously used.
5. Refrigerated trailer to use as a makeshift morgue now available.
6. RN that i worked with last weekend. received results from Novel/Covid 19, test taken on Sunday 3/22 = Positive, Detected Virus. He will be out for a bit. Will those that worked closely with him br tested....well only if we start showing symptoms. Management stated this is War time.
7. There are False Negatives results. Patients still have symptoms. so they are re-tested. 8. Many elderly Patients come from Nursing Homes. They cannot return until 2 negative test results. This can take a bit so they remain in the hospital.
9. There is a chance of Re-Infection. They say the 2nd time can be worst.
10. There is a new prone team. Its official. ICU pts infected are all placed in Prone positions.

Stay tuned for more.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Today:

1. Ran out of disposable thermometers
2. 3 Patients total today. 2 out of my 3 worsened towards the end of shift. One place on HighFlo, the other Temperatures are not breaking.
3. My job charges $10/day for the TV. I paid $80 to allow 4 patients to have TV for 2 days each.
4. new shipment of n95 face mask. words on the boxes are in Spanish. made by 3M. questionable bootleg face mask. or other latin countries have different standards...because the new n95 mask in Spanish are much thinner than previously used.
5. Refrigerated trailer to use as a makeshift morgue now available.
6. RN that i worked with last weekend. received results from Novel/Covid 19, test taken on Sunday 3/22 = Positive, Detected Virus. He will be out for a bit. Will those that worked closely with him br tested....well only if we start showing symptoms. Management stated this is War time.
7. There are False Negatives results. Patients still have symptoms. so they are re-tested. 8. Many elderly Patients come from Nursing Homes. They cannot return until 2 negative test results. This can take a bit so they remain in the hospital.
9. There is a chance of Re-Infection. They say the 2nd time can be worst.
10. There is a new prone team. Its official. ICU pts infected are all placed in Prone positions.

Stay tuned for more.

Keep us updated on the reinfection issue.

Primate studies showed immunity. Scary otherwise.

Stay safe.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
Its pretty cool that my hometown hospital, Duke University has come up with a method to resterilize n95 mask for reuse.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic