Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Contest prep, and cheat meals

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
What's cheating about sushi or steak, or sweet potato?

The cheat would be in too many cals for me , too many carbs , too much fat etc...

Ow and I made plans last night and my issue with cheats is they will last longer than the one meal as I don't want it to go bad.... soooo we are going to outback, planning on getting whatever I want and leaving any leftovers! Will probably pick up some kind of desert as well, and eat until sleep, but going in trash before I go to sleep.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I don't think the cheat meal you're talking about at 14 weeks is a problem at all. It's a birthday meal, so enjoy yourself. The calories look pretty clean, so just do a bit more cardio that day if you're really concerned about it.

Good luck on your prep!

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
Alot of the sushi I like has fried elements and sauces that would be considered 'cheating' I can say that, like ghg I only cheat every 2 or 3 weeks then I have a cut-off where I dont do it at all, and like he mentioned as well I do it when I start looking flat as a pancake.

You got me when I think sushi I think sashimi cuz that's what I tend to eat.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
You got me when I think sushi I think sashimi cuz that's what I tend to eat.
Yeah dood I love sashimi but I have a weakness for shrimp tempura rolls, fried shrimp and some spicy sauce that is the jampanese equivalent to spicy mayonaise...damn good though.

Back to the OT, cheating is done by most people by 'feel' if you can make a whole 12 weeks and not flatten out, more poewer too ya. My last diet lasted 30 weeks, unintentionally, and I had to have some cheats in there, but my rule of thumb is no cheats 4 weeks out from showtime..
Even the cheats I did do were on my high carb days as to not disturb the carb cycling effect in play.

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
I've been dieting for the past 3 weeks, and on my high carb days I usually throw in a fairly clean cheat meal. Helps me stay full looking and not so flat.

Buy yeah like everyone else said its your birthday enjoy yourself

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Enjoy your Bday. Have that cheat. Just make sure it's one meal and one desert. After you leave the restaurant it's over. Don't bring anything home with the reasoning "I already cheated, might as well......"

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
lol, gs this is from jan 2012. I did the same thing in the shoulder bursitis thread, was over 2 years old. attention to detail is not always my strong suit. solid advice regardless.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
lol, gs this is from jan 2012. I did the same thing in the shoulder bursitis thread, was over 2 years old. attention to detail is not always my strong suit. solid advice regardless.

Oh damn it.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012

Well since we are on the subject. From watching prep videos and talking with people, it sounds like cheat meals are usually cut out around the one month mark

I guess this is to keep sodium levels and water retention down?

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic