Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Can I work in?

B

Bigwhite

MuscleHead
Mar 20, 2013
It depends. If you are taking long breaks in-between sets then let him do his pull ups. If doing supersets with short breaks then no…

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
Because you are an asshole. :) Just let them work in with you and go on with your workout. Who the hell says "no you can't work in with me?" I've never heard of that before in my life. lol Althought somebody complaining to management about you not letting them is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Guess I'm an asshole then. I tell people no every time they ask. As far as I'm concerned they can **** off, and wait till I'm done.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
Guess I'm an asshole then. I tell people no every time they ask. As far as I'm concerned they can **** off, and wait till I'm done.

lol, I like your style....actually if its a cable exercise...I might because it's just a pin...and actually me and my buddies share benches...but like I said, I don't get asked

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Asking to work in is just being a dick IMO. Just ask how many sets I have left and decide whether to wait or move on. The thing that'll really puss me off is tapping your feet hanging within my personal space to try to rush me along. That's when I'll do an extra 5 sets of 20rep breathing squats just for spite.

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
At 260, I'm pretty much the biggest guy in the gym. I'll ask to work in if its a cable machine or something easy to change the weight on and 9
Times outta 10 they say "all yours bro"

Rarely does anyone ask to workin with me though.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
I think the more serious you look and if you look like you actually go to the gym...no one will ask because they just kind of know better...at least that's what I see at my gym

I've had guys say when I ask how many sets they have left..."you can work in" but again, I don't like to

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
lol, I like your style....actually if its a cable exercise...I might because it's just a pin...and actually me and my buddies share benches...but like I said, I don't get asked

I don't even work out with anyone anymore. Always a pain in my ass having some one under foot.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I think the more serious you look and if you look like you actually go to the gym...no one will ask because they just kind of know better...at least that's what I see at my gym

I've had guys say when I ask how many sets they have left..."you can work in" but again, I don't like to

Should I take ofence to this? I'd like to think I look pretty serious.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
It depends. If you are taking long breaks in-between sets then let him do his pull ups. If doing supersets with short breaks then no…

Yeah. If I see someone taking breaks, and I could jump in in between your sets, I don't even ask, I'll just do it. It's usually when someone is using a machine that I want that I ask to work in. Otherwise, I lift at a time where the gym is pretty slow for exactly this reason.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Ok It's kind of weird if they ask you to work in on a free weight machine or anything that you have to take plates on and off for. I've never heard of that. I've been asked about four times in all my years in the gym and it was a machine where you select the weight with a pin.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic