Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Building muscle without meat

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Don't forget Jiroemon Kimura, he is officially recognised as the Worlds Oldest Person (passed away this year aged 116). He was a vegetarian that basically lived on a daily diet of porridge, miso soup plus veges & fruit.

"As the only man to have ever lived for 116 years—and the oldest man whose age has been fully authenticated—he has a truly special place in world history”
Craig Glenday, editor-in-chief of Guinness World Records.

Stinky Tofu

Stinky Tofu

Aug 3, 2013
morningstar, eggs and whey were my protein for my veggiefag days. Never had a problem getting enough protein in and gained size and strength. Lentils are good too. I passed of morningstar products as meat-based and no one knew it was for my hippy-ass

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
dont count protein from almonds or yogurt? why. each greek yogurt has 15g in it LOL

Get Voskos plain nonfat greek yogurt for the highest protein content of any yogurt. It tastes like shit (and i typically dont eat lowfat or nonfat dairy) but it has over 20 grams protein per serving. About 22 grams if I remember correctly.

N

noobden

May 16, 2013
protein is overrated anyway, never eat eggs and fish once week. rarely use protein powder.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
actually u dont need anything to build muscle ...testosterone is made in the leydig cells in the testes....Men usely produce about 5-10mgs of test alone ed.I mean u wont be some big ass moth ****er but your body will build reguradless in its natrual state of being....

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
Ok ive eaten so much meat (i.e chicken and steak) that i am literally sick of it and cant eat it unless im high lol.

So could i still build muscle on:

Fish
Almonds
Eggs
Yogurt for my supply of protein?

Fish is meat btw. And yes you could. Add some 2% cottage cheese and some protein shakes... You can get lots of protein.

I don't get people freaking out about eating beef that was grown using the same hormones they inject into themselves on a regular basis. Would you be any unhealthier eating a BBer than if you ate a hormone free vegan? I tend to think it wouldn't make a difference.

Much respect to anyone that can do what MF does though. Not for me as of now. Maybe I'll experiment in the future. I'd be more likely to take up hunting and go the paleo rout though.

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
Start the day off with something like this...

998632_550013261702785_1460013222_n.jpg

Doesn't get much fresher and healthier than that.
While I could get on board with the verges from time to time, the big black hair at the bottom of the pic is pretty nasty.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Fish is meat btw. And yes you could. Add some 2% cottage cheese and some protein shakes... You can get lots of protein.

I don't get people freaking out about eating beef that was grown using the same hormones they inject into themselves on a regular basis. Would you be any unhealthier eating a BBer than if you ate a hormone free vegan? I tend to think it wouldn't make a difference.

Much respect to anyone that can do what MF does though. Not for me as of now. Maybe I'll experiment in the future. I'd be more likely to take up hunting and go the paleo rout though.

I posted a study that found grass fed beef contained almost 3 times more omega 3s and many times more B vitamins. Now, this was only the difference between grass fed vs grain fed, but I think the grass fed was also hormone free, but that could have been a coincidence. Bottom line is, eat meats of animals eating what they were intended to eat, and you will be eating healthier. Same difference between farm raised fish vs wild.

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
I posted a study that found grass fed beef contained almost 3 times more omega 3s and many times more B vitamins. Now, this was only the difference between grass fed vs grain fed, but I think the grass fed was also hormone free, but that could have been a coincidence. Bottom line is, eat meats of animals eating what they were intended to eat, and you will be eating healthier. Same difference between farm raised fish vs wild.

Now this ^^^ I agree with. Grass fed I do believe makes a difference. But grass fed with a little extra test I don't think is going to hurt me. That's the reason I made the comment I did about hunting. I honestly think killing your own wild game and eating it is the healthiest and the most humane way to go about getting meat. Problem is I don't know much about where to begin with the whole hunting thing. In my state you have to get drawn for everything, so I gotta figure that part out. Then I have to get good with a bow because getting drawn for rifle in addition to just getting drawn is very rare.

Right now my hunting consists of shooting pigeons of my house with a pellet gun... and yes I do eat them from time to time. Isn't garbage what birds were meant to eat?

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Now this ^^^ I agree with. Grass fed I do believe makes a difference. But grass fed with a little extra test I don't think is going to hurt me. That's the reason I made the comment I did about hunting. I honestly think killing your own wild game and eating it is the healthiest and the most humane way to go about getting meat. Problem is I don't know much about where to begin with the whole hunting thing. In my state you have to get drawn for everything, so I gotta figure that part out. Then I have to get good with a bow because getting drawn for rifle in addition to just getting drawn is very rare.

Right now my hunting consists of shooting pigeons of my house with a pellet gun... and yes I do eat them from time to time. Isn't garbage what birds were meant to eat?

Fishing is super easy too. Once you learn to gut and filet a fish, which takes about 5 mins to learn, you're good to go. I don't do much fishing anymore, but I grew up in a rural area, and my friends and I were frying up freshly caught cat fish and trout on a pretty regular basis.

I enjoy small game hunting because it takes little effort, but, skinning and gutting a few days worth of squirrels and rabbits is a bit tedious. Deer hunting is more time consuming during the hunt, but it will pack your freezer with tons of meet with one medium size deer.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Much respect to anyone that can do what MF does though.
I'm sure what I eat is probably perceived by many as hard, or it's a diet which would take a lot of planning and sacrifces too many of the common foods but I've been doing it so long it just seems normal. I can sit alongside pretty much anyone and eat, and if I didn't tell them I was vegan they probably wouldn't know.

file.php

That was what I ate a few hours ago, looks okay doesn't it? I reckon most people could do it if they had their meals cooked for them. I personally reckon I eat a more varied and colourful diet than a lot of my meat eating friends & family.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic