Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Building muscle without meat

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
Ok ive eaten so much meat (i.e chicken and steak) that i am literally sick of it and cant eat it unless im high lol.

So could i still build muscle on:

Fish
Almonds
Eggs
Yogurt for my supply of protein?

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
fish and eggs, you should be good. Would not count protein from yogurt or almonds. But then you will be sick of fish and eggs, lol...

Pretty sure after 2 weeks of not eating steak and chicken, you will miss it, especially steak!

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
fish and eggs, you should be good. Would not count protein from yogurt or almonds. But then you will be sick of fish and eggs, lol...

Pretty sure after 2 weeks of not eating steak and chicken, you will miss it, especially steak!

dont count protein from almonds or yogurt? why. each greek yogurt has 15g in it LOL

T

THE-DET-OAK

Sep 11, 2010
I know a guy that is vegetarian and he is a big lean sum bitch. He eats a lot of the TVP (textured vegetable protein). and these vegetable scallions that have a lot of protein. all his numbers always come back good on B test, cholesterol hemo etc.

T

THE-DET-OAK

Sep 11, 2010
Last edited:
NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
lentils/beans/quinoa will help as will changing up types of fish you choose.

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
i wanna know why not count yogurt

ok, did not think this one properly, I don't eat it anymore, but did only when bulking, as it was so minimal in my daily overall cals, never counted the protein...

I guess you should then in your case.

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
Do you guys really think your body knows the difference of protein from the different foods!?
protein is like test your body doesnt know the different esters...So protein counts no matter where it comes from as long as we are getting enough.[B
[/B]

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
It knows the difference between the amino acid sequences.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
My body is a machine on red meat, other proteins are different for me, could be in my head but it's how I feel.

18gauge

Feb 3, 2012
i agree, i feel great on lean red meat. chicken and fish not so much. but maybe thats because i actually enjoy red meat. try just eating a ton of tillapia, it goes down easy if you cook it right

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic