Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Building muscle without meat

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
It's not that the meat is so bad it's the meat proteins found in animals that is in some cases toxic to the human body there's many good documentarys on it. Animals now are fed so many hormones that its impossible to avoid that's why the life expectancy of the u.s citizen is only about the 70s. If you notice we have a huge epidemic of disease here that is completely reversible with a natural veg and fruit diet look it up. There's a great documentary called Greyson diet or somthing that's really good it even shows in the documentary how the u.s banned the natural cures clinics they tried to open so there everywhere else in the world.

You mean the same hormones many bb's use? none here of course all hypothetical. Life expectancy in the US is 78.7 years, that's average. most in my family have lived well into their 80's n 90's one was 102. US lifestyle used to be smokin 2 packs a cigs and starting the workday with a few 'eyeopeners'' and finishing the day with even more.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
It's not that the meat is so bad it's the meat proteins found in animals that is in some cases toxic to the human body there's many good documentarys on it. Animals now are fed so many hormones that its impossible to avoid that's why the life expectancy of the u.s citizen is only about the 70s. If you notice we have a huge epidemic of disease here that is completely reversible with a natural veg and fruit diet look it up. There's a great documentary called Greyson diet or somthing that's really good it even shows in the documentary how the u.s banned the natural cures clinics they tried to open so there everywhere else in the world.
I know the movie/doco you are talking about, it's pretty eye opening. I saw it last year and it backed up my beliefs. This is the one I am thinking you are referring to:

dying-to-have-known1.jpg

Thanks Steve, bang on with your post there.

Last edited by a moderator:

basskiller

Friends Remembered
Sep 12, 2010
here is the TVP

http://www.vitacost.com/Bobs-Red-Mill-TVP-Texturized-Vegetable-Protein?csrc=GPF-PA-039978025425&ci_sku=039978025425&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw={keyword}

here are the scallops

Vegan products, vegan shoes and vegan clothing for an animal friendly lifestyle-ShopHumanitaire.com

i wanted to try this for about 3 months but ive been waiting for spring, gonna eat 2.7-3k ED all veggie

oh and im gonna eat fish products too.

just bought some textured vegetable protein... just giving it a try

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
just bought some textured vegetable protein... just giving it a try
Cooking it right is the key, otherwise it can taste like crap !!

You need to steam it with a tea towel over the saucepan for 10-15mins, strain it and then let it stand for another 5mins or so. It should have a similar texture to mince meat.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Vegetarian is easy. I always call vegetarians the "lazy vegans" lol Fork knows exactly what I mean. When you can eat eggs and dairy, you pretty much get some of the best and easiest protein right there. When your vegan, the volume of food and variety goes up dramatically to get what you need. Anyone who says they are a vegetarian BBer, I just say "ok" and am not really impressed. For someone who claims Vegan and has reached any decent level of competing, I seriously question their faithfulness to being a vegan. Yes, it's possible, but no one has made it to an elite level as a BBer while being vegan. Many have switched after they got there, but that doesn't count

basskiller

Friends Remembered
Sep 12, 2010
Cooking it right is the key, otherwise it can taste like crap !!

You need to steam it with a tea towel over the saucepan for 10-15mins, strain it and then let it stand for another 5mins or so. It should have a similar texture to mince meat.

I have a rice steamer.. will that work?

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
LOL, and men have nipples too.
You know I haven't known one of the people holding records for living the longest to have been vegan. Or even vegetarians.

There is also evidence of eating rotten meat and the bacteria on the meat fighting off disease.

I say do what you want. At least The air you breath by you isn't poison.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Vegetarian is easy. I always call vegetarians the "lazy vegans" lol Fork knows exactly what I mean. When you can eat eggs and dairy, you pretty much get some of the best and easiest protein right there. When your vegan, the volume of food and variety goes up dramatically to get what you need. Anyone who says they are a vegetarian BBer, I just say "ok" and am not really impressed.
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean there. Vegetarianism is easy, stupidly easy actually. You can still drink milk, eat eggs, omelettes etc and you pretty much can shop without having to check the ingredients list of what you buy.

Being vegan is a whole different ball game and not something to jump into without having researched on what you can eat and drink. You should also be doing it for the reasons that are important to you, otherwise there is no value to it. I'm a combination of environmental/health/animal cruelty among other reasons.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
You know I haven't known one of the people holding records for living the longest to have been vegan. Or even vegetarians.

There is also evidence of eating rotten meat and the bacteria on the meat fighting off disease.

I say do what you want. At least The air you breath by you isn't poison.
There have been many centenarians that have been vegetarians, they just don't tend to get the press/media that a whiskey swilling, junk food 100yr old would get.

tumblr_m7hcjom65E1qj88rjo1_500.jpg

Fauja is a pretty well known centenarian, as is Marge Jetton who lived to 106 after being a vegetarian for more than 50 years. I read an article about her a few months back, I'll see if I can find it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic