tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
That's horrible hope he's ok

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
What happened. I can't really tell. Did something break?

N.O.V.

N.O.V.

MuscleHead
Jan 24, 2014
****, that sucks. Lilly is a beast, he'll be back and better than ever.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Holy shit....

Ouch!!!!! Hoping his is ok

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Yes his kneecap broke in two and possible ligament damage is what I heard

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
I know there are always spotters in 3 points.
No way they are going to catch the weight when
This type of accident happens.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Chad Wesley Smith was saying that Brandon did snap his patella and they were looking at possible ligamental damage in both knees. The big guy has some rehab ahead of him.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Chad Wesley Smith was saying that Brandon did snap his patella and they were looking at possible ligamental damage in both knees. The big guy has some rehab ahead of him.

Is this a career ending injury for the squat and dead lift?

Also, how come this injury happened on this day. I have been following him on fb and his progress to this meet. I'm pretty sure he has taken this same weight in training walked out with no wraps and he was fine. Why today did he get injured ?

I don't understand why so many injuries happen on meet /comp day. Its hard to think about.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Is this a career ending injury for the squat and dead lift?

Also, how come this injury happened on this day. I have been following him on fb and his progress to this meet. I'm pretty sure he has taken this same weight in training walked out with no wraps and he was fine. Why today did he get injured ?

I don't understand why so many injuries happen on meet /comp day. Its hard to think about.

I wouldn't think so in this day and age, but it depends a lot on what they find. I fractured my patella and honestly and it hasn't given me much trouble. My concern would be how bad the other damage is to his ligaments and potential tearing of muscle. If it's not too bad, they will fuse the patella and/or reshape it. The ligaments could be the deal breaker. Chad Wesley Smith said that they were doing more testing.

Why did it happen? I'm going to pass on some observations that potentially could have lead to this. This was also conveyed by a friend of mine who competed at the Expo as well. Feds judge differently. Some are strict as hell and depth, pauses and other things are judged to "T". In this case, apparently, a lot of lifters were being called on depth. I imagine maybe Brandon was really trying to hit depth. Then again it could be coincidence. Shit hap pens. I just know that they were judging really strict and Brandon has mostly competed in feds that are usually a bit more forgiving in their judging.

As for my friend he was red lighted 2 out of 3 of his squats and he swears that they would have passed in the two recent feds that he competes in (SPF and UPA). As for Brandon, here is to hoping to his recovery and making a comeback from probably a pretty significant injury that will take some time to come back from. Injuries (as I well know) are part of the game. It takes a mentally strong person to get back under big weight again. Let's hope he can.

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
Yes his kneecap broke in two and possible ligament damage is what I heard

That knee definitely let go. On the initial, it looked front to back movement which will mean acl at least. Who knows what happened to those knees when he went down.

MRI will be the only way to tell the exact extent of the damage.

It doesn't look good...I hope my observations are completely wrong.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Glad he's safe. After reading about the Crossfit guy that severed his spine, it makes you look at incidences like this a little differently. The bone will heal fine, but as stated, it's the connective tissue that is worrisome. Hope he heals up well.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic