Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon

Brandin Lilly fit expo accident

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I would also add that in my federation we squat using a monolift. You can still walk out if you prefer but you are still under the monolift and have the spud inc straps there to catch the bar. Squatting out of stand like that is just stupid IMO. The straps would have caught him just as he missed the lift and could have potentially saved his right knee from damage as well as possibly some further damage to the left as he fell further down. Gene Rychlak who runs the meets is strict about the straps. If you say you don't want the there when you squat he will show you the door.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
man, that weight could have fell a different way, torn anything is bad but it could have been much worse.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I didn't watch the video b/c I don't like to watch injuries. I hope he stays strong and makes a comeback. It will be a long road but if he doesn't lose faith he will come back.

Don't watch it.... It's not pleasant.

I don't want to squat heavy anymore.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I need to preface this with:

I don't like Brandon. He's always been nice to me but he's done some selfish, horrible stuff that made me lose all respect for him. I won't get in to it, because it's not relevant here though.

With that said, I wouldn't wish this on anybody. I hope he has a good recovery and comes back to compete again. Those spotters had no idea what they were doing and after that I'm honestly impressed with how well he handled the whole thing. Hopefully it's a sign of a change in character.

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
Christ that was rough to watch. Shit like that makes me cringe

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I need to preface this with:

I don't like Brandon. He's always been nice to me but he's done some selfish, horrible stuff that made me lose all respect for him. I won't get in to it, because it's not relevant here though.

With that said, I wouldn't wish this on anybody. I hope he has a good recovery and comes back to compete again. Those spotters had no idea what they were doing and after that I'm honestly impressed with how well he handled the whole thing. Hopefully it's a sign of a change in character.

I agree completely with what you are saying. Brandon and I used to talk and he was always cool with me, BUT so,e of his shady, greedy decisions have given me a different outlook on him. Regardless, it was a terrible injury and hopefully he will comeback as a lifter and as a person (character)

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Not the first reference I have seen about him being a negative person. What's the story? He was a total dick to me on fb once when I complimented him on a lift. So I don't really care for him myself. But I hate to see any PL get injured and have what they love taken from them.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Not the first reference I have seen about him being a negative person. What's the story? He was a total dick to me on fb once when I complimented him on a lift. So I don't really care for him myself. But I hate to see any PL get injured and have what they love taken from them.

I Pm'd a couple of fellas as well....I'd like to know.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
I would imagine he will have a long recovery. Probably a year or more...but athletes are resilient.

I can't see him competing again after that, his knee won't ever be 100% again. You think he can come back from that?

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012

What did he say to you ?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I would also add that in my federation we squat using a monolift. You can still walk out if you prefer but you are still under the monolift and have the spud inc straps there to catch the bar. Squatting out of stand like that is just stupid IMO. The straps would have caught him just as he missed the lift and could have potentially saved his right knee from damage as well as possibly some further damage to the left as he fell further down. Gene Rychlak who runs the meets is strict about the straps. If you say you don't want the there when you squat he will show you the door.

I personally feel ALL fed's should use spud straps for safety even if they don't use a monolift. I walk my squats out of a cage but use straps for every set and every rep. Safety should be first and foremost.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I personally feel ALL fed's should use spud straps for safety even if they don't use a monolift. I walk my squats out of a cage but use straps for every set and every rep. Safety should be first and foremost.

No way to do that with the squat stands they used. Usapl uses them to I think. Maybe even IPF.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic