Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

A neighbor implied I was racist

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
What I can't believe is that everyone is so ready to call the cops over a damn machete. And why are machetes illegal but guns legal?

So that brings me to, for all the heroes on here: what if the guy was white and walking down the sidewalk with a gun? Would you all call the cops then?

Almost everyone in the thread agreed that his color had nothing to do with calling the cops and if it was a white guy with a gun I'm sure the same would happen maybe even more so..

C

Cheops

VIP Member
Oct 15, 2010
What I can't believe is that everyone is so ready to call the cops over a damn machete. And why are machetes illegal but guns legal?

So that brings me to, for all the heroes on here: what if the guy was white and walking down the sidewalk with a gun? Would you all call the cops then?

Last time I checked you couldn't openly carry a gun down the street either.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Last time you checked you were wrong.

It's a state by state law, and Texas does not allow open carry. Some states don't have it defined, but in those states, you're taking a risk of getting a disturbing the peace fine if too many people complain.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Doesnt it have to be holstered? Gun in hand i thought would be considered brandishing.... Either eay legal or not black or white you can expect sombody to call the police.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
It's a state by state law, and Texas does not allow open carry. Some states don't have it defined, but in those states, you're taking a risk of getting a disturbing the peace fine if too many people complain.
Texas doesn't but he stated it like it was a universal rule. Most states allow open carry of a long gun.

As long as you're not brandishing you're okay.

Calls in reporting a legal act in most States doesn't even give them probable cause for a stop and federally it has been held up that possession of a firearm alone can not be reasonable suspicion of any crime.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Texas doesn't but he stated it like it was a universal rule. Most states allow open carry of a long gun.

As long as you're not brandishing you're okay.

Calls in reporting a legal act in most States doesn't even give them probable cause for a stop and federally it has been held up that possession of a firearm alone can not be reasonable suspicion of any crime.

Well, regardless, Wood is, again, grasping at straws, like some other members are doing. The person was in possession of an illegal blade. People are side tracking on their irrelevant tirades to try to prove a point.

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
Another one of these threads lol.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Well, regardless, Wood is, again, grasping at straws, like some other members are doing. The person was in possession of an illegal blade. People are side tracking on their irrelevant tirades to try to prove a point.

Absolutely. Just funny the perception that open carrying is illegal is funny to me. I think only 7 States restrict it at this point.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
BIg Paul... you have HUGE arms bro!

Genetic?

C

Cheops

VIP Member
Oct 15, 2010
Last time you checked you were wrong.

Try carrying a gun down the street and see what happens.

Someone will call the police just like with the machete.

thats the point.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic