Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

A neighbor implied I was racist

C

Cheops

VIP Member
Oct 15, 2010
Absolutely. Just funny the perception that open carrying is illegal is funny to me. I think only 7 States restrict it at this point.

Didnt say that, did i?

The post was in response that you could walk with a gun but not a machete.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Try carrying a gun down the street and see what happens.

Someone will call the police just like with the machete.

thats the point.
People do call. And the police should come investigate. No argument there. I'm just making the point that In most States a machete is illegal to carry and a firearm isn't. Even more so in your hand brandishing it.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
People do call. And the police should come investigate. No argument there. I'm just making the point that In most States a machete is illegal to carry and a firearm isn't. Even more so in your hand brandishing it.

All of the points you make are solid, IMO. That's why I try not to get on the wrong side of a debate with you bro.

I just get tired of all these threads about how bad black people are and how righteous these black hating white guys are . . .

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
All of the points you make are solid, IMO. That's why I try not to get on the wrong side of a debate with you bro.

I just get tired of all these threads about how bad black people are and how righteous these black hating white guys are . . .
I hate that it always seems to be people throwing hypothetical situations out that didn't happen.

Why can't we take it at face value? Suspicious character not from your neighborhood prowling around with a large edge weapon. What SHOULD a person do when they see that?

Calling the authorities and warning the neighborhood seems like the proper thing to do.

Taking it anywhere but there just screams to me that someone is trying to push a racial agenda where there isn't a racial issue.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I hate that it always seems to be people throwing hypothetical situations out that didn't happen.

Why can't we take it at face value? Suspicious character not from your neighborhood prowling around with a large edge weapon. What SHOULD a person do when they see that?

Calling the authorities and warning the neighborhood seems like the proper thing to do.

Taking it anywhere but there just screams to me that someone is trying to push a racial agenda where there isn't a racial issue.

Fair enough, if this was the only thread on the subject. But all these threads about blacks and white guys feeling self righteous about things they say about blacks seems to have a racial agenda, and this one fits the pattern.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Woodwise, going along the lines of racist profiling how would you describe this criminal if calling it in?

[video]http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2013/10/oregon_state_police_video_capt.html[/video]

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Woodwise, going along the lines of racist profiling how would you describe this criminal if calling it in?

[video]http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2013/10/oregon_state_police_video_capt.html[/video]

Gman. My point has never been that there are not black criminals, or that we should not say someone is black when describing them to the police.

My points are that 1. if a black guy is not doing something obviously wrong, there is no doubt it is racial profiling to call the police on him; 2. all these threads you guys are posting showing black people in a bad light and statements made about how bad black people are, while ignoring a. that there are a lot of good black people out there (in fact a majority of blacks are law abiding citizens and hard working, too).; and b. that there are nearly the same percentages of white criminals and white trash as there are black criminals and black trash -- makes it self evident you and your other heroes have an anti black agenda that you are promoting.

So deny it all you will, but every time you whine like a bitch about blacks, you are reinforcing and supporting my claim that you are racist.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Racial profiling saves lives. A bunch of black thugs in a nice white neighborhood in the middle of the night...up to know good.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
1. if a black guy is not doing something obviously wrong, there is no doubt it is racial profiling to call the police on him; 2..

Wrong. And that's exactly what this thread is about...
Black, white, yellow or brown if you see somthing suspicious you have a right to report it..

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Gman. My point has never been that there are not black criminals, or that we should not say someone is black when describing them to the police.

My points are that 1. if a black guy is not doing something obviously wrong, there is no doubt it is racial profiling to call the police on him; 2. all these threads you guys are posting showing black people in a bad light and statements made about how bad black people are, while ignoring a. that there are a lot of good black people out there (in fact a majority of blacks are law abiding citizens and hard working, too).; and b. that there are nearly the same percentages of white criminals and white trash as there are black criminals and black trash -- makes it self evident you and your other heroes have an anti black agenda that you are promoting.

So deny it all you will, but every time you whine like a bitch about blacks, you are reinforcing and supporting my claim that you are racist.
Don't make statements you can't back up. crime statistics don't back up there being just as much white crime as black.

It seems like you're missing words. They say black thug. All you see is black. If you move to a nice neighborhood, you see someone not from the neighborhood who looks like a hood rat strolling around looking very suspicious. What do you think about this individual?

Let's say you think he's out of place but say nothing to him out anyone. The following morning you find out your neighbors house was robbed and his daughter was brutally raped. You flip on the pm news and you see the mugshot of the man that did it, it was the shady looking character you saw yesterday and did nothing about.

It doesn't hurt anyone to warn people about something like that or have a cop roll by and ask them some questions.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Don't make statements you can't back up. crime statistics don't back up there being just as much white crime as black.

It seems like you're missing words. They say black thug. All you see is black. If you move to a nice neighborhood, you see someone not from the neighborhood who looks like a hood rat strolling around looking very suspicious. What do you think about this individual?

Let's say you think he's out of place but say nothing to him out anyone. The following morning you find out your neighbors house was robbed and his daughter was brutally raped. You flip on the pm news and you see the mugshot of the man that did it, it was the shady looking character you saw yesterday and did nothing about.

It doesn't hurt anyone to warn people about something like that or have a cop roll by and ask them some questions.

I think WW was using total crimes committed. Blacks make up for 12% of the population, and are responsible for something like 40% of the crimes. Whites are responsible for about 38%, if my memory serves me. He is using jacked math to prove a point. Based on population, blacks should only be responsible for about a total 4% of crimes based on population.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012

Some on the far left claim to be so against such "profiling" that they'd rather the crimes be committed than report a suspicious person. Of course then they can just blame the victims (even if THEY are the victims, apparently) and especially society itself for supposedly giving the criminal "no choice" but to commit such acts. Sort of like the woman who was raped and came out publicly saying that she empathized with her minority attacker, it wasn't his fault, society created or caused his deviance, etc. :rolleyes:

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic