Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

A neighbor implied I was racist

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
So as my wife and I are leaving our neighborhood, we spot two blacks, on foot, leaving. One was carrying a machete, which isn't legal to carry in Texas. There was no indication they were with any company, nor was there a vehicle in the area. What does this mean? This is how 99% of the burglars function. SOmeone drops them off, they rob houses, then walk to meet their ride. So I called the Sheriff.

I then posted it on the FB page of our neighborhood to give a heads up to people. I gave a description (1. Black, wearing blue shirt, 5'10" 250lbs, carrying machete. 2. Black, wearing a red shirt, carrying gloves, 5'8" 160lbs)

One of the replies I got was "If I were an African-American person living in IL, I don't think I'd feel very welcome after reading this post." lol White guilt at its best. If one of these dudes were standing on her front porch, knocking on the door, she would run away from the door, call the police, grab a gun, and hide in the closet until the police came. We all damn well know this bitch would be scared shitless of being alone with a young black man.

I just replied and told her "Next you call the police and they ask you what color the suspect is, call them racists for asking"

nutnless220

nutnless220

Apr 13, 2012

Last edited:
woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
The machete is what saves you from being a racist in my eyes.

Had you called the police for two black guys who were not doing anything wrong, but happened to be in your neighborhood, I would probably side with your neighbor.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
The machete is what saves you from being a racist in my eyes.

Had you called the police for two black guys who were not doing anything wrong, but happened to be in your neighborhood, I would probably side with your neighbor.

It doesn't help that we have had several robberies in the last year, and they all left on foot to the entrance of the neighborhood, where they were picked up. This neighborhood is very out of the way of everything, it's completely remote and you have to drive 10 mins out of your way to get here and there is nothing in the area of interest. Honestly, we only have 2 black families living in the entire neighborhood too, so yes, seeing two black men, on foot, not with any company to indicate they have business there, really does throw up a flag. To make things more interesting, every spotting of a suspicious black in the neighborhood that does not appear to belong turned out to be a scamming door salesman, or a burglar. I am not making this up either. Typically they are carrying something though...weapon, a bag, or something to indicate they'[re up to no good. Some are on foot walking around in dress clothing, looking "too dressed up", indicating they are running a door to door scam.

Last edited:
Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
I don't give a **** what color they were if they had a machete! The cops would have arrested them had they seen them walking down the road.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Unfortunately they never found them. Took police less than 5 mins to get there and they were gone, so either thy cut through the woods or someone picked them up

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
racist!!

I would have ran out and given them her address and then let her know to have a hot meal waiting for them, preferably steak since he is carrying his own knife.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
It doesn't help that we have had several robberies in the last year, and they all left on foot to the entrance of the neighborhood, where they were picked up. This neighborhood is very out of the way of everything, it's completely remote and you have to drive 10 mins out of your way to get here and there is nothing in the area of interest. Honestly, we only have 2 black families living in the entire neighborhood too, so yes, seeing two black men, on foot, not with any company to indicate they have business there, really does throw up a flag. To make things more interesting, every spotting of a suspicious black in the neighborhood that does not appear to belong turned out to be a scamming door salesman, or a burglar. I am not making this up either. Typically they are carrying something though...weapon, a bag, or something to indicate they'[re up to no good. Some are on foot walking around in dress clothing, looking "too dressed up", indicating they are running a door to door scam.

As long as you have a fact based reason for believing they are likely to be up to no good, I don't think it is racist. What you describe above is reasonable and fact based IMO.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
typical bs from a white person that probably has lived a sheltered life. Like my x wife that grew up in Lilly White small town America. She, never had to deal with robbery, assaults, rape or murder in her community.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
I'm amazed that Texas actually has almost the most restrictive knife laws in the nation.

Fish77

Fish77

VIP Member
Dec 24, 2010
I don't care if you are racist or not, just offering my personal check. My simple test for racist, is would you have acted the same if they were white? So did you call because it was a black person with a machete, or just because it was a stranger with a machete?

That said, no harm in calling the cops when you are worried no matter why you are worried. Even if you are a sheet wearing racist, if you feel uneasy it is the cops job to check it out.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic