Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

7 months on carnivore results

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
TB, your post states that grains are "riddled" with pesticides, which I believe they are but also the meat and eggs are "riddled" with hormones and antibiotics, so isn't that a concern to you also?

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
TB, your post states that grains are "riddled" with pesticides, which I believe they are but also the meat and eggs are "riddled" with hormones and antibiotics, so isn't that a concern to you also?

There’s not a food in America, that isn’t full of some kind of hormone or chemical, or a shit load of sodium. That is a good question though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010

No. Why? To begin, ruminant beef is a true whole / natural food. Regardless of the addition of exogenous additives, it begins as one of the truly least manipulated food types that exist.
Next, the amount of hormones used aren’t as exorbitant as imagined or popularized by anti-beef propagandists,
But most importantly is the type of biology (digestive system, cleansing / detox organs etc) of ruminants. The amount of unnatural exogenous additions even the most ill kept factory farmed beef receive, is rendered barely detectable levels by comparison to other altered food types (veggies, grains, legumes…) after their detox systems (liver, kidneys, etc) have cleared the bulk of crap they’re given.
So one might ask; “Ok, well what about when you consume their liver and kidneys and such?” Fact is, those organs aren’t storages of toxins — rather they pass / clear excess toxins. Cattle / ruminant animals don’t live long lives before they’re killed for food. Their organs don’t commonly become diseased / contaminated like human systems do as we live for many decades.

Summary: Even factory farmed, hormone injected (which is actually quite low / minimal / quite restricted by most providing countries) animals turn out to pretty much be the cleanest most natural foods humans consume.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
No. Why? To begin, ruminant beef is a true whole / natural food. Regardless of the addition of exogenous additives, it begins as one of the truly least manipulated food types that exist.
Next, the amount of hormones used aren’t as exorbitant as imagined or popularized by anti-beef propagandists,
But most importantly is the type of biology (digestive system, cleansing / detox organs etc) of ruminants. The amount of unnatural exogenous additions even the most ill kept factory farmed beef receive, is rendered barely detectable levels by comparison to other altered food types (veggies, grains, legumes…) after their detox systems (liver, kidneys, etc) have cleared the bulk of crap they’re given.
So one might ask; “Ok, well what about when you consume their liver and kidneys and such?” Fact is, those organs aren’t storages of toxins — rather they pass / clear excess toxins. Cattle / ruminant animals don’t live long lives before they’re killed for food. Their organs don’t commonly become diseased / contaminated like human systems do as we live for many decades.

Summary: Even factory farmed, hormone injected (which is actually quite low / minimal / quite restricted by most providing countries) animals turn out to pretty much be the cleanest most natural foods humans consume.
Interesting, I will look into this a bit more.
Cheers

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
A lot of quality muscle there, man! Good for you. Especially to not completely be into bodybuilding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks brother! My days of lifting super heavy (for me) are well behind me. These days it's more about being healthy, not getting injured, and being able to stay on the jiu-jitsu mats and moving well. According to my Dr. my cholesterol is "on the high end of normal" whatever that means. I have been doing some reading about "high" cholesterol and it may not be exactly the killer most ppl think it is. I'm betting testboner has some good links for that explaining it far better than I could. I really wish I had started on carnivore years ago.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Update:

Body-weight has leveled out at 195. I'm averaging around 4,500 calories per day. Still being told on other forums that what I'm doing is impossible. lol

My son seen my results and started carnivore shortly after me. Maybe 3 months after I started. He had gotten really fat being a truck driver. He is about 5 months in, increased his calories from about 3,000 per day to over 4,000 per day and so far has lost down from 245 to 189. He says he wants to hit 180 even. Better results than my but he is 27.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
4500 calories a day just seems exhausting
Nah , its not bad at all. I only eat two meals per day so when I do eat I'm starving and its pretty easy to get down. Also I'm eating very calorie dense foods. Sometimes If I get hungry between meals I'll pound a protein shake.

Example, this morning I ate 2 x 14oz ribeyes, tonight will be two pounds of hamburger wit cheese.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Lol. Math and calories and logic are hard concepts for some people.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I can't afford meat anymore or gas.
Yeah I feel that. I'd had to cut down on the steaks a bit and sub more ground beef, liver and chicken lately. As for gas I got rid of the mustang GT and got a BMW X3 with a nice 2L 4 cylinder that gets around 30 mpg.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic