Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

7 months on carnivore results

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
My stodgy old mind is reluctant to leave the conventional mindsets of 40-40-20 and others we grew up with, but I appreciate the discussion and information exchange and always open to the stuff a few mentioned here have posted before.

Thanks gunslinger, Swiper, Testboner, macgyver and others who have brought us this far ... so far. Looking forward to more details on specific carnivore sourcing, i.e. meat, fish, eggs, dairy, etc. Remembering Bill Pearl, who won everything you could win outside the IFBB by 41yo, had become lacto-ovo vegetarian only before that @39yo, and who today is 91yo.

lol, who could forget that "heated macro thread?"

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Fuck LIVER that shit is terrible tasting and lest you cats forget it a PENIS is an organ LMAO!!!!!
Eat up bitches.
Man, I use to hate liver but I found a way to fix it that actually tastes pretty ok. I buy it already cleaned and sliced about a half inch thick. Salt, pepper and cayenne pepper, fry in butter for 2 mins per side.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
These are "before" pics at around 230 (although I did hit 241 after my car accident and the gym closing due to covid)

These are after at about 192

I'm not a bodybuilder and I get most of my exercise from Jiu-jitsu and Muay Thai. I hit moderate weights for 12-15 reps 2-3 times per week these days. Jiu-jitsu is 3 days per week 1.5-2 hours per class. Grappling 6 x 5 min rounds at the end. Muay Thai is 1-2 days per week with shadow boxing, heavy bag and mit rounds and sparing 3-4 x 3 min rounds. I cannot work my abs due to a hernia visible in the side pic. (getting it fixed this year)

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Tristyn Lee, Mark Bell…. those guys (well… kid, and guy!) are carnivore eaters. Check out their pics.
It’s no fad — it’s the original human diet…. All other diets are “fads.”

I went carnivore in June of 2018. Been great for my lifestyle and health.
Those interested in learning more can look up Shawn Baker MD, Paul Saladino MD, and Mark Bell has become a good source of info for those curious of carnivore (animal based) eating.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
What’s the average price of a carnivore diet per week?

I was thinking of trying this diet but then I looked at all the meat prices….

I find it balances out pretty even with any other way of eating.
Everything doesn’t have to be prime cuts, grass fed, etc all the time.
I check: mygrocerydeals.com to find sales, often buy inexpensive eggs and chicken, a lb of calf liver a week is $3 and some change at Walmart. Sausage, bacon, all fairly reasonable / comparable to any other style diet foods.
My weekly food bill averages $100-150 wk.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Mark Bell did an informative Q&A just prior to new year on the basics of eating Carnivore. For any interested, curious, I recommend a listen:

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic