Members
Latest Member
jacobss

600lb bench club

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Fuck that is a lot of weight CONGRATS!!!
I can do 135# does that count for anything?

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Great PR, man... Now it's all mental to get that down to 1-board or a touch.... the more you stretch the shirt, the more it'll give you. ( assuming you are lifting geared )
I recently missed 825 to a three board, had a VERY good lifter tell me to man up and just work the shirt harder and hit it to a 2-board on my net set....

If you are lifting raw then you are probably Joe Mazza

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Damn that's a big number. What advice can you give to an average guy that benches say 350 or 400 raw?

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
Wow, I can't even deadlift that or squat thay much

J

jute

Dec 22, 2010
Thanks peeps.

LK.. damn seems like a lifetime ago I hit 500.. Gotta love the double ply shirts..

Glyco.. Lifting with gear is like learning to bench again.. Totally different groove where the bar comes down. You have to try one to see if you like it..

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Jute I still have issues with gear.Not issues WITH it per say but issues using it.I suppose I just need to man up and actually start playing around with it.I dont even like knee wraps though!

J

jute

Dec 22, 2010
I hear ya RR.. My legs have permanent scars from my briefs.. I wrap my knees at right around 400lbs. Its a mental thing for me.

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
If you can hit it on a four board you can bench it in a double denim shirt.

C

ccjc81

Feb 2, 2011
HEY JUTE,CONGRATS VERY VERY IMPRESSIVE.im at 435 now and wouIld love to get to 500.could you post up your bench routine.Im not wearing a bench shirt yet.I bench,weighted dips,floor presses and close grips along with heavvy skull crushers.Just looking for some good pointers.Keeping my reps in the 3 to 6 range.

J

jute

Dec 22, 2010
To be honest.. Im only in the gym 2x a week. Ive had 1 biz for the last 16 years, and just opened 1 more and in the process of another.. Just bought a 34' cabin cruiser this past summer..Plus 3 kids and 2 grandkids.. So the gym is kinda taking a backseat right now..

Mondays is always bench day.. 1 week, heavy then the next light.. We always throw bi's and tri's in also.. On thursday its either Heavy squat with light pulling or vice versa.. A little bit of back work also.. My team also trains on Fridays with assistancew work

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
If you can hit it on a four board you can bench it in a double denim shirt.

does anyone even make a denim shirt any more?

Other than Bill Crawford's guys does anyone use denim still????

I'm not trying to hate. I know that a lot of guys did well in them, I was just amazed to see anyone mention these any more.....

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic