Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

600lb bench club

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I might be the odd man out here..... but....

is a 4-board press the same as a full range press? NO
As for raw vs. equipped... get over it, that's a whole separate thread

But every 100# is a big milestone. The first step to benching something full range is to get it in your head that you can handle the weight. Usually starting on higher boards and working down. I prefer a 2-board to overload the bench press, but if someone wants to go higher then go for it. The weight is still in your hands and now it's in your head that it won't crush you. It's only a matter of time until you can work it full range.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
i little more harsh than i woulda put it but how can you be in a club for 600lb benchers when you cant do it unless you have 4 boards on your chest? thats not a qualified meet lift. just cause i can rack pull 800lbs ( i made that # up i dont know what i can) doesnt mean i can dead lift that much. Good effort but imo your not there.

I agree with that completely. It's a great milestone for his 4board press but that's it. It's a not a 600lbs bench b/c it's not the full ROM.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011

But every 100# is a big milestone. The first step to benching something full range is to get it in your head that you can handle the weight. Usually starting on higher boards and working down. I prefer a 2-board to overload the bench press, but if someone wants to go higher then go for it. The weight is still in your hands and now it's in your head that it won't crush you. It's only a matter of time until you can work it full range.

PLK, I defintely see your point, and as stated before, if it works for you, go for it. Boards have never truly done anything for me. I do see the concept behind it. It makes sense. But, I just stick with full range and mess with bands and chains and fat gripz and dumb shit like that. LOL.

F

Flathead

Jul 20, 2011
I'm a fan of board work when trying to push through sticking points, shirt training or just overall tri development. Throw about 3-4 boards on your chest with CG config, cowboy up on the weight & your bench 1RM will increase. Board work in this matter is not something one would do as a weekly standard accessory but rather something you can rotate in everyother/third week.

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010

Ok well an equipped bench press is NOT a raw bench press your right. If i benched 600 with a shirt or with boards i wouldnt say im in a 600lb bench club. Bench Shirts are stupid. its all about RAW.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Board pressing is a partial just like a partial squat or a rack pull. It will have great carry over to your full rom exercise raw or geared IMO.

Shit jute I don't think I could unrack that and of I could it was crush my elbows! Good for you bro.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Ok well an equipped bench press is NOT a raw bench press your right. If i benched 600 with a shirt or with boards i wouldnt say im in a 600lb bench club. Bench Shirts are stupid. its all about RAW.

It's all about whatever makes you happy. If the raw elitist thing gets you off then go for it. Why the hate on someone being happy for a training PR?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011

It'll be interesting to see what condition your in after 15yrs of that train of thought. What will your joints be like and will you still adhere to the same thought process.

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
It'll be interesting to see what condition your in after 15yrs of that train of thought. What will your joints be like and will you still adhere to the same thought process.

I dont plan on training like a powerlifter for the rest of my life. Its all about hypertrophy anyways, not how much weight you can lift. However i do believe that if your big you should be strong, its kind of pathetic when you see someone whos jacked and have shitty strength. I outlift most guys @ my gym and alot of them are over 250lbs roided.

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
I dont plan on training like a powerlifter for the rest of my life. Its all about hypertrophy anyways, not how much weight you can lift. However i do believe that if your big you should be strong, its kind of pathetic when you see someone whos jacked and have shitty strength. I outlift most guys @ my gym and alot of them are over 250lbs roided.

you have some of the weirdest logic ever brah.

"its all about hypertrophy, not how much you can lift"

"if your big you should be strong"

srsly which one do you want?

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
Sigh..

Ok so lets break it down to the molecules since this is elementary fucking school.

I wouldnt TRAIN FOR a 600-700lb bench ever in my life, cause for one thats going to cause injury, 2 im gonna have to eat like a fat fuck to get it, and 3 i probably dont possess the genetics to EVEN get that sort of weight.

HOWEVER, I am a bodybuilder and i do believe if your big you should be somewhat strong. A weak jacked bodybuilder is fucking pathetic. You might as well just put implants in you if your just big and not strong. I have 2 natural friends, both pretty big, one of them is a beast with a 370lb bench and competes in bodybuilding. The other one is actually bigger than my friend by about 20lbs and in pretty good shape (hes bulking) and can barely get 225 for 6 on a bench press.

That being said, id rather look like i am brutally strong yet still be strong, but not 600lb bench press strong, rather than be just jacked and struggle with 320lbs...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic