Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

495# shrugs

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Seems like there are a lot of people here that are hyper-critical of others in the gym. Yeah, there's some people that bug me in the gym I go to, but what do you expect? It's a public place that draws people all over the spectrum in terms of development, knowledge, and seriousness.

training_danger.jpg

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Seems like there are a lot of people here that are hyper-critical of others in the gym. Yeah, there's some people that bug me in the gym I go to, but what do you expect? It's a public place that draws people all over the spectrum in terms of development, knowledge, and seriousness.

lolololololololololololololololololol

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Nothing against you at all gixxer, but there is really no reason to put that much weight on to shrug. You should put that effort into heavy ass deads.

You can get a more than sufficient shrug workout with 315 no matter your body weight. Granted your form is what it should be. Again, this is not directed towards you at all. I just see too many 180lb ers with imaginary lat syndrome walking around the gym I go to shrugging 400 + pounds, for what reason?

I just started a lifting regimen in the vein of DC training, so I understand your theory here.....to a point. But if a guy can do 315 40+ times, it's time to go up in weight. At reps that high, you aren't engaging the CNS effectively to build strength and mass. I've seen a few different videos of top level BBs who shrug 500+lbs for reps, so there are those out there that need more than 315lbs to continue to improve their traps (I'm not on of them).

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic