Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

495# shrugs

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i honestly wouldnt have cared if it wasnt for the fact that i wanted to use it. it is a small gym without much equipment so it usually isnt that big of a deal but given the fact that he doesnt squat or deadlift or do pullups or much of anything that makes him look like a lifter, damnit, dont use the squat rack on tuesdays! :p

MPMC

MPMC

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
I see guys do heavy weight like this with shitty form and using all their muscles to do an exercise also. This one guy at my gym is around 6ft and weighs about 275-280 with a bf% of at least 30. This guy is the king of doing stupid shit. I already thought he was a dumbass just from watching him and a few days ago he walks up to me and starts talking. He asks me what I take bla bla bla and tells me that he is bulking trying to get up to 315 then he will cut lol He tells me hes taking deca, dbol, and a lot of test. It was all I could do to refrain from slapping him across the face. I cant stand these guys that come to the gym just to look strong. It doesnt impress anyone if you cant do it right.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
The smith machine is actually a good place to do some shrugs because you can isolate the traps better. But, like LK said, the shrug loader is best if your gym has one.
heck, we dont even have a leg press let alone a shrug loader!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
This is going on in gyms all across America... It makes them feel powerful because traps can move heavy weight... Of course that's because its like a 3 inch range of motion... You should have informed him that deadlifting is a fantastic way to "get yoked" and then invited him to deadlift with you. Then you out pull the little bastard, look him in the eye and say - "You ever step foot in my rack again you little bitch, and I'll cut your huevos off"

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i didnt do shrugs ever until just a month or so ago and i started because i needed to make my traps stronger to improve my form on deads. if you arent a bodybuilder or a powerlifter than IMO there is no reason to do shrugs, or atleast 495# shrugs, unless you atleast do deads or something else to make your back look big. the dude doesnt have lats, he doesnt even have big traps, so why in the hell are you using the squat rack for something that is of no real benefit other than to go on some random forum and say you did 495# shrugs and have the minnons oohhh and ahhhh!

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
LOl odd man out here go figure..........Now it doesnt sound like this tard knew what he was doing.BUT I do power shrugs .The purpose is for explosiveness and top end speed on a deadlift lockout.In a commercial gym I do get alot of funny looks.We do stuff like explosive dumbell rows and cheat hammer curls. Both have purpose in our world.but the odds of this guy living in my world are very little at that body weight.Did his form look like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Lol and I wear straps for these too!

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I think shrug boy is getting a bad rap!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
LOl odd man out here go figure..........Now it doesnt sound like this tard knew what he was doing.BUT I do power shrugs .The purpose is for explosiveness and top end speed on a deadlift lockout.In a commercial gym I do get alot of funny looks.We do stuff like explosive dumbell rows and cheat hammer curls. Both have purpose in our world.but the odds of this guy living in my world are very little at that body weight.Did his form look like this?

thats the thing RR, if he did deads, i wouldnt be bitching about it. but he doesnt and he doesnt look anything like that dude in the video

more like this youngster only with a barbell instead.

and honestly he and his little buddies do this all the time and i just think they are stupid but today i am crabby after having to fire someone today and other things and it pissed me off that he was doing a worthless exercise taking up equipment that i was going to use for its said purpose :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic