Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

24 Week Show Prep WPD (MW 2018)

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
My other suggestion is familiarizing yourself with all of the poses. At least knowing what poses they are. Once you do get some coaching, your coach will assist you in your mandatories and 1/4 turns.
Is endurance an issue with poses? I've played a bit with them and holding flexed is very tiring. I can't imagine doing it for several minutes straight without a lot of practice.

fit_dynamite

fit_dynamite

TID Lady Member
Oct 11, 2017
You move on from that pistachio. Can't do anything about it once its down the hatch. Hate when those darn "off the diet" calls our name. Make sure hubby locks up all the naughty things. I had a client who would sometimes sleep walk and eat stuff in the cabinet that was off her diet. Serious. So her husband had to lock up all the naughty stuff. That kind of took care of that. Crazy stuff I have experienced as a coach.

I did see you had pickles pre w/o. LOL Did you get any weird looks?

Good for you practicing your mandatories. Practice makes perfect.

Sure post those pics. That will give you motivation to stay on that narrow road and plow through with all that you have within you. This sport ain't made for everyone. It's not easy. If it was easy, everyone would be walking around ripped and shredded. You can do this girl! I believe in you! And I'm sorry about the tears. I've had my share of those. #thestruggleisreal

fit_dynamite

fit_dynamite

TID Lady Member
Oct 11, 2017
Is endurance an issue with poses? I've played a bit with them and holding flexed is very tiring. I can't imagine doing it for several minutes straight without a lot of practice.

Oh yes, absolutely! I have seen athletes on stage, huffing and puffing in between poses and running out of breath. Practicing helps condition you to hold your poses and do them with ease. You spend so much time preparing of your show; dieting, training, cardio, making sacrifices here and there. Make sure you set time aside for posing practice. Showcasing your physique in the best possible way. You can showcase your strengths and angle your body/poses in ways to hide weaknesses too.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
@fit_dynamite Didn't get any weird looks because i work out at 5a and nobody is there but my trainer and this other girl that works out with me and my trainer LOL. I ate all the pickles before they got there.
So I am going to go to Ann Titone's posing seminar next weekend and she will be my posing coach! She has competed in the Olympia several times and her and her hubs also are promoters and IFBB judges.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Knee Update:
Went to my ortho doc yesterday to discuss pain in knee. I had PRP injections this past january and before that, had viscosupplementation injections. I think both worked, although both also wore off.
So yesterday, he did a viscosupplementation injection and we did another MRI of the knee since last one was 2 yrs ago. I'm ok with icing it after every leg work out (twice a week), no biggie. Hoping this helps me. He said i can have them every 6 months. So this may be the route to go.....Just need something to get me through these next 23 weeks.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
22weeks out...

13 days in on prep diet.
Weigh in: 161 (down 5lbs from last Sunday)

Sat workout:
Back

Superset: x3
Deadlift rows 95# 15 reps
Hyper extensions holding 30# Kb 20 reps

Giant set: 15 reps. X3
Close grip pull downs 90#
Machine pulls ?#
Kettle bell rows single arm 30#

Giant set: 12 reps. X3
Low back pulls 90#
Reverse grip pull downs 70#
Lower cable close grip pulls 90#

45 mins cardio after

Sun workout:
Fasted cardio 45mins stepmill.

Rough! Such a migraine. Anything I did I felt my head could burst. Hurt too bad had to quit.

Superset: 15 reps ea
Ez bar curls: 45#, 50#, 55#, 60#
Db bent over rear felt raises 25#

Rear cable flyes 10#, 20#, 30#

Face pulls 70# 12 reps

On to food prep for week.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
MRI Update: Doc called today with results. Good news is that there are no new injuries and it is just arthritis and he can also see the divits where the microfracture surgery was. Going to try to get me some pictures of my knee lol.
So....doing a series of the viscosupplementation injections and probably PRP in the future as well. Then icing it after heavy leg day LOL. So just years of lifting taking the toll (and age LOL).

Upward and onward!

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Tues, 5a workout:
Have another headache (I suspect these are tension headaches as i'm studying and am stressing about an exam I have coming up next Sat, for my PMP. i'm really worried about passing it).

Chest and Shoulders:

Giant set (x3):
Flat bench: 90#; 15reps (for the last 2 sets, put the chains on too. no idea # on the chains)
Seated chest press (upper chest): 50#; 15 reps
Seated chest press (lower chest): 60#; 12 reps

Superset (x3):
Seated db shoulder press: 25#; 12 reps
Front plate raises: 35#, 12; reps

Giant set (x3):
Lean back shoulder press machine: 60#; 12 reps
Db rear raises: 15#; 20 reps
Side lateral raises on a machine: 10# each arm; 12 reps

Posting a pic of my workout outfit for Halloween.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
d9abb40beae75c3c38d774771662b005.jpg

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Day 14 on new diet plan (seems SOOOO much longer than that LOL). Went out to dinner with fam last night at a nice little italian restaurant, got some good "sniffs" in, while eating their butchered grilled salmon lol. They didn't know how to grill something without any fats LOL.

Fasted cardio yesterday, stepmill, 45 mins, 5a.

This morning was leg day @ 5a.
Legs:
Giant set (15 reps ea/x3 rounds):
-standing hamstring curls/single leg (obviously!!!! bwahaha) 25#
-lying hamstring curls 90#
-stiff leg deadlift 65#
(all above movements, slow and controlled)

Giant set (15 reps ea/x3 rounds):
-Squats 135#, deep!
-Standing wide legged squats, pushing up a bar w/35# on it
-Kickbacks on sled

Superset (12 reps/x3 rounds):
-Hack squat 90#
-Leg press (feet wide, knees pointed out and DEEP) 225#

My quads are on fire today. Hurt so good.

fit_dynamite

fit_dynamite

TID Lady Member
Oct 11, 2017
Oh so cute your costume! Is that Pink Panther? HOT HOT HOT! Did your tail get in the way of your training? hehe I was boring. I wore all black, a cheetah crop top and cat ears. The ears were giving me a slight headache but I was a trooper and just wore it through my entire workout.

Glad you got outcome of knees and its not too bad news. I guess its just wear and tear of us aging but hey when you really look at it. Look how we look at our age right! Not much to say about generations before us. I hope those injections give you relief. How often will you be getting those?

I remember my days of prepping and going out to dinner with the fam bam. Earlier in the prep I was allowed to order off the menu. Just make sure to request No Oil or Butter on my food. A filet was probably the easiest to order and dry salad (or vinegar if they had) and if I could have carbs, dry baked potato. Then closer to a show, I would bring something like my shrimp in a zip lock baggie and order a plain salad and throw my shrimp on the salad. But being able to join the fam going out to dinner is the main thing, I hear ya!

Workouts look great too! Keep plugging away!

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Update:
Weigh in yesterday, i'm now at 157#, down 4# from last Sunday. My coach is very impressed with my results so far. Hope to keep that momentum these next 21 weeks. I have 21 weeks left for the competition. I want to get BF tested, but just have had no time. I've been tested early in the AM before a work out, and my mornings are packed with workouts and work. So I have to find the time. I'm real curious as to what it is now.

Yesterday, I attended a posing seminar put on by Ann Titone. She is a retired figure girl, has gone to Olympia several times and placed very well. I will be hiring her as my posing coach I think.
I have never been exposed to posing as of yet, so this was my first time ever. And I have never been given formal instructions on how to pose, etc. Of course, this is why I attended LOL.
She was very, very informative and very honest. So helpful with me. I will be putting together my own routine, but it is the posing that I was worried about. Man was I right. To hold the poses is a workout in itself! I will be practicing this from here on out to condition myself. When I think I have my routine down, I will of course get my posing coach and coach's opinion.
I was the only WPD (women's physique) in the seminar, there were about 4 bikini and 3 figure.
I took some notes from the class. Ann is very good. She is also an IFBB judge now.
The only thing i'm concerned about is that this show i'm planning on competing in is growing. Gary Udit is going to be the head judge now. Thinking I should do a smaller show. I dunno know. I still have time to decide.

Hoping my coach is going to award me a cheat soon....the struggle is real. But i have not deviated from the plan at all. I want to work hard so i can enjoy a cheat. I am enjoying the fats that are allotted to me at this time though. nom nom nom......

Worked back on Saturday; tried to get a workout in yesterday after seminar. Showed up to gym, and there was a photo shoot going on there. I asked the GM if it was OK to work out and she said yes. So I warmed up; loaded up an EZ Bar with weights to curl. Got 1st set in. good. 2nd set, good. walked over to get some db's for a superset, and the models grabbed my EZ bar and was pumping up. Waited for the model to finish, then the other model grabbed it and started in. So I said heck with this, and left. Their equipment was setup around everything I needed for my workout. UGH.
I have to make up for it tonight.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic