Members
Latest Member
severedthumbz

Shoes/squats

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Looking to invest in some shoes for squats, I usually lift barefoot or in chucks..... For all of you with weight lifting shoes, what do you have? And how do you like them?

Was looking at some on the inzer site or these 2011 Rogue Weightlifting Shoes

cheddar cheese

cheddar cheese

TID Lady Member
Aug 29, 2011
You need shoes with incompressible soles for low bar Squats & Deadlifts. These are my picks, don't know about the Rogues' you posted though never tried them myself, they look nice.

* Converse Chuck Taylor’s All Stars
* Adidas Superstars
* Adidas Sambas

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
I used to squat in chucks, and I prefer them for my standard PL squats. I'm a wide squatter, left to own devices. I have been squatting in oly shoes for the past few weeks, and I'm getting used to them. It's different lifting in the oly shoes, but the solid base of the shoe is nice, and they work all right for medium to narrow-stance squatters.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
im all about the chucks. they are cheap and they get the job done well. not sure the more expensive ones do anything more for you. i have 3 pairs :D only wear them in the gym and i can pick them so they match my sports bra :D

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Yes I love my chucks to! Just curious what others that actually own a pair of "weight lifting" shoes think.... I dont mind spending a couple bucks.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I like Barefoot shoes like Vibram Five fingers but now I am using Merrell barefoot shoes with vibram bottoms. Flat but still have a lot of support. Best one is the Merrell tough gloves. IMO

~Old

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I tried a pair of adidas weightlifting shoes a year ago or so... Did some squats. I liked the heel elevation; I got some extra power from that. It helped me sit back so to speak. I haven't bought a pair only because they're so damn expensive. The other downside is buying shoes online... I just won't do it, unless its a pair I've tried before.

Like_a_Weed

Like_a_Weed

MuscleHead
Jan 25, 2011
Rogues are on my list, once youve tried real oly shoes you'll be done with the chucks.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Thanks I actually already read that link and pob that's exactly why I was looking into getting some new shoes, want a lil more elevation on the heels...
More I research tho seems rouge has some quality issues but there customer service/warranty is great hmmmm I'm still looking..... Adidas arnt looking to bad..

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
I bought the VS oly shoes about 3 years ago, and they have held up pretty well.

M

moya

Sep 1, 2011
olympic shoes are far superior to chucks... i originally started lifting in adidas sambas, which are pretty much like chucks...
last year a lady at the gym said her husband had a pair of oly shoes that didnt fit him that he only wore like once... so i scored a pair for $25!... best investment ive ever made...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic