Members
Latest Member
Joannafit

Shoes/squats

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Old scholl aasics or puma's for me...paper thin sole and I can feel the floor thru them.

overwatch

overwatch

MuscleHead
Jun 27, 2011
im all about the chucks. they are cheap and they get the job done well. not sure the more expensive ones do anything more for you. i have 3 pairs :D only wear them in the gym and i can pick them so they match my sports bra :D

I ALWAYS match my shoes to my sports bra!

I actually just wear whatever I can get my hands on that fit. Running shoes, basketball shoes, dress shoes, house slippers... I'll wear anything to the gym if it fits. I've got ski's for feet for I don't get to be picky.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Old scholl aasics or puma's for me...paper thin sole and I can feel the floor thru them.

My asics used to be the only thing I squatted in. I originally bought my Oly shoes for overhead events.

cmeliftheavy

cmeliftheavy

Jan 29, 2011
Vibram Five Toes! before i bought these i would take my shoes of and squat in my socks.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Aight finally tried them out today and they just might not be the shoes for me, i started out with just the bar warming up then 1 plate, 2 plates and when i got to 3 plates it felt like they were making me roll forward.... I didnt widen the stance like i said i was going to do i kept a fairly wide stance and maybe i should come in closer idk but instead of doing that inwent back into the locker room and got out my chucks lol..... I wont return them tho ill keep the shoes and maybe play around with them on some lighter leg days or whatever....

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1PpX1IOcIs

GSTACKER check out this video of an olympic lifter squatting. This will give you an idea of the stance width you would want to utilizes with oly shoes. As you notice, the shoes with the oly stance allow the knees to get out over the toes. This is needed with this type of set up.You will also notice that the bar needs to be higher on the shoulder/back and that the movement will be faster. He is also more erect and it takes pressue off of the lower lumbar area.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Be patient they do take a bit to get used to_Once your used to them you wont want to use anything else. When I go wide stance or box squat I use my socks or asics.My stance is just a bit wider than my shoulders for Oly squatting.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Nice video looks fun, well i did pay 125.00 buck for them so it would be retarded not to give them a fair shake... I may need some help with my form tho..... Looks like a totally different excercise almost, more technic? Ya?

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Technique is huge in all the power movements. Also, it even varies if you compete raw compared to equipped. But, good technique will be pure strength any day IMO....

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
It is a very different technique. One that once learned most ( not all ) would probably really like, due to the movement being faster and just feeling more ergonomically correct.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic