Members
Latest Member
bsimon7074

Shoes/squats

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I have do wins(or won do's) red suede.They are about 5 years old. Oly shoes seem to make a difference on oly squats .I use my asics for box squats. I wouldnt purchase the suede again though.The holes that the laces go through have not held up and ripped a bit.Everything else has stayed good though.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Alright I ordered the rouge's.... Figured I'd go with them over adidas because of the harder souls, I won't be doing any jumping around or jogging etc in them
So I don't think durability will be a issue and if it is I hear customer service is great... Haven't heard one good thing about the inzers and there hella ugly lol... When I get them I'll update you guys on my opinion.

B

BikerTrash

Rottens cookie dealer
Mar 19, 2011
I have always worn a flat soled addidas , the white ones with the black stripes. I like the flat sole for squats and deads as it seems easier to keep my feet stationary and the flat sole feels a whole lot better than some damn tread pattern ..Juts my .02

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
I have always worn a flat soled addidas , the white ones with the black stripes. I like the flat sole for squats and deads as it seems easier to keep my feet stationary and the flat sole feels a whole lot better than some damn tread pattern ..Juts my .02

Deff staying with chucks or barefoot with the deadlifts.... I cant really have a honest opinion on the squats for about another week, who knows i might agree with you but so far everyone that ive gotton a opinion about "weightlifting shoes" seem to prefer them????? You tried them yourself?

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I have the adidas and have used them for many years. I think they are the best shoe out there. I dont deadlift anymore but, when I did, i pulled conventional with great results using the adidas oly shoes. Sumo may be another story. Really cant go wrong with any of the oly shoes these days. Glad to see so many evolving and realizing the value of using a product such as these.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i was pondering this this morning as i was doing surgeries. there are some instruments where i have to have good quality, like my needle holders, they need to be tungsten carbide, i hate cheap needle holders. but mosquito hemostats, hell the $1.50 pair works as well as the $20 pair. my thoughts on shoes is that as long as they are flat, they are going to work, after that it is personal preference. some might like the speciality shoes while others of us are content with anything with a flat sole. i have to have gold handled needle holders where my ex employer years ago didnt mind working with the cheapest pair she could find. i am fine squating and pulling in chucks where you might find that you prefer a shoe made for lifting.

let us know how it compares.

S

supersam

Sep 18, 2011
I've found that the type of shoe you lift in will be a personal preference that corresponds to the type and style of lifting. For instance, I both high-bar and low-bar squat depending on whether I'm looking to build more quad size or just overall strength. When I high-bar, I wear my vibrams or just my socks (basically bare foot). I have pretty good flexibility in my ankle, achilles and calves so I have no problem going ATG with a flat sole. However, with a low-bar position I find it much harder to hit my depth because of the extra weight and the need to really sit back into the squat. I've found that when I Low-bar, lifting shoes with a heel really help me hit depth. The only downside to wearing Oly shoes is that just about the only thing I use them for IS squatting. They also help get a little more arch in my bench (at least more so than my vibrams) but they are a PITA to walk around in. For the original poster that mentioned Rogue, I'd stay away from any Do-Win shoes.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Just curious why you dont care for the do-wins?

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Rouges came in today, they look real nice and seem to be put together real well, I have several pairs of nikes and wear size 9 so I ordered 9 for rouge's I could of gotten 9.5 tho a lil on the tight side but I guess that's not a bad thing for what I'm going to use them for, I wore them around the house for a minute and to my surprise they are actually kind of cofortabe, inwas expecting them to feel like 2x4's strapped to my feet... I did a couple body weight squats in the mirrior and doesnt seem I can get any lower than before without some but wink, although I know I need to try them out with a loaded bar and record myself and not worry bout the mirror.... Ok that's pretty much it for now, will be back in the gym wendsday for more reviews....

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
you may need to narrow up the stance a bit for additional depth. The way oly shoes are designed the push the knees out over the toes to mimick a natural positions with a more neutral stance. This cannot be accomplished with a wide powerlifting stance. They work better with a more neutral stance from my experience. Play around with stance width and find what works best for you. Once your used to the shoes I am sure you will never want to lift without them. Happy squatting

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
you may need to narrow up the stance a bit for additional depth. The way oly shoes are designed the push the knees out over the toes to mimick a natural positions with a more neutral stance. This cannot be accomplished with a wide powerlifting stance. They work better with a more neutral stance from my experience. Play around with stance width and find what works best for you. Once your used to the shoes I am sure you will never want to lift without them. Happy squatting

Thanks for the tips bro I will deff narrow the stance with them....maybe I'll start Monday...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic