Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

GH and tired

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
i was on Berb less than a week and my bloods showed a drop in fasting glc of 13%.
Yeah, stuff works. But did it help with your energy levels? How are u taking it? To be honest I use Berberine every day already. One cap with breakfast and one with dinner. I use kind with cylon cinnamon. 600mg Berberine and 100mg cinnamon. New kind I just bought has 200mg cylon cinnamon because kind I was using was out of stock on Amazon. Cylon cinnamon is supposed to be good for blood sugar also. But has to be cylon. Other kinds don’t work from my understanding. Wife takes also. It helps with digestion also if I remember right. But I haven’t used it with hgh yet.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Yeah, stuff works. But did it help with your energy levels? How are u taking it? To be honest I use Berberine every day already. One cap with breakfast and one with dinner. I use kind with cylon cinnamon. 600mg Berberine and 100mg cinnamon. New kind I just bought has 200mg cylon cinnamon because kind I was using was out of stock on Amazon. Cylon cinnamon is supposed to be good for blood sugar also. But has to be cylon. Other kinds don’t work from my understanding. Wife takes also. It helps with digestion also if I remember right. But I haven’t used it with hgh yet.
i dropped the GH so I can't say one way or another and it hasn't been long enough to say if my energy levels are that different. It seems to be so but again no GH, added just one cap Berb in the morning and only been a little over a week with berb and maybe a little over 2 weeks of GH.

Darkness

Darkness

VIP Member
May 7, 2011
Another thing we just added into my plan is GDA (glucose disposal agent) in the high carb meals I have. Theory is that if my blood sugar doesn’t get too high, my insulin response (which my body tends to overdo) will be blunted, and then I won’t get too low blood sugar later.

Shall see what happens.

HOB_Fly2023

HOB_Fly2023

Apr 27, 2023
Nothing sucks worse than involuntarily dragging-ass when you need to be productive.

Cold showers in the AM, supplemental B12 and L-carnitine, and waiting at least 90 minutes to drink coffee in the morning helps me considerably.

By waiting to drink the coffee, you let your body's adenosine stores build up before you block the receptors with caffeine and you won't get the added effect of crashing later in the afternoon. A caffeine crash on top of GH lethargy is enough to drop a horse.

For the cold shower, you can enjoy a nice warm shower, then, when you're finished, slowly feather off the heat until it's as cold as you can get it. Control your breathing and stay in it as long as possible. This practice "energizes" my whole day and has dramatically improved my overall mood better than anything, in my anecdotal experience.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
So I went off GH for a month while I started the berberine. Seems the berberine helps me fill in better like I have a mild pump. I started GH back up again at just the replacement dose a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure the berberine helps with the tired but it might. I haven't been training as much or as hard. I'm in a new job at nearly 62YO and putting in the effort plus making a chicken coup and run on the weekends which is taking up my time plus still writing and publishing papers left over from my last job. So not looking great, a little soft. Diet has been looser. Also planting a big ass garden in the next couple weeks so a bit side tracked. I decided to stay on HRT doses for now at least until after Dr appt june 12th. Then it will depend on the endo his attitude and whether I decide to keep him or fire him. At 61+ I'm not sure it's a bad idea to slow things down as far as PEDs. I'll be traveling in June and August so will be out of element. Hopefully by then I will be back to more strict and can shop for decent travel food when on the road. Last blood work everything was pristine and test level was 816 ng/dL. The only thing that was out at any level was hematocrit and I donated a week later. If i up the training intensity this seems to be enough to start to transform a little back into shape pretty quickly.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Nothing sucks worse than involuntarily dragging-ass when you need to be productive.

Cold showers in the AM, supplemental B12 and L-carnitine, and waiting at least 90 minutes to drink coffee in the morning helps me considerably.

By waiting to drink the coffee, you let your body's adenosine stores build up before you block the receptors with caffeine and you won't get the added effect of crashing later in the afternoon. A caffeine crash on top of GH lethargy is enough to drop a horse.

For the cold shower, you can enjoy a nice warm shower, then, when you're finished, slowly feather off the heat until it's as cold as you can get it. Control your breathing and stay in it as long as possible. This practice "energizes" my whole day and has dramatically improved my overall mood better than anything, in my anecdotal experience.
Hob, I saw a podcast about waiting to drink caffeine. I have not tried it. Makes sense to me. Stopping coffee first thing is gonna be a bitch! I wake, pee, then flop onto the floor and do my stretching, pushups, ab work ect. then coffee. The morning WO helps some but I bet the coffee later would too.

Glyco. Glad you are feeling well. Berberine is really good stuff. Metformin made me HAVE to hit the bathroom 10 minutes after I ate any carbs and it was not fun. Berberine may not be as powerful but works well for me.
I did not plant a garden this year. Too much work, I end up with some veggies but the time it takes to maintain and water is not worth it.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011

I think it's true. If i drik coffee right away i get the rapid heart beat. If I wait a couple hours I don't.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Bro, maybe it was me but I started taking berberine on an empty stomach first thing in the morning when I gave myself 2iu.

Either I got over the lethargy on that day or it helped me a lot. My thoughts are GH allows blood sugar to rise, this is the cause of the lethargy. Yeah something hormonal but it worked for me.

I tested my blood sugar fasted. Normally in the low 80s upon waking. After taking low dose GH it varied and was 125-150 without eating anything. Berberine brought it down below 100
That is so weird that your blood sugar would go up without eating anything. Is it quickly converting fat stores into sugar to get these kind of readings? It has the opposite effect on me.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Definitely interesting about ther Berberine. Keep us posted Glyco! If it helps you?
I started taking Berberine about a month ago, more for low sugar issues. I take 2iu's GH at bedtime and 2x1200mg berberine caps when I get up on an empty stomach. I do notice a slight increase in energy. The biggest positive is my bowel movements have become consistent. Every morning when I get up now. Before, it was every 2-3 days with stomach cramps being the time to go notice.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
That is so weird that your blood sugar would go up without eating anything. Is it quickly converting fat stores into sugar to get these kind of readings? It has the opposite effect on me.
HGH counteracts insulin. It can cause higher than normal blood sugar by allowing or causing the liver to release glucose. HGH also stimulates gluconeogenesis. This is where the body breaks down excess proteins and turns them into glucose/fuel.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I would think it is kind of like that. My thought is that the hgh is making you prioritize fat more for fuel instead of carbs and like @jipped genes was saying your liver releases sugar thru glucogenosis to keep blood sugar stabilized when fasted but your body is using more lipolysized fat instead, increasing the sugar levels in your blood. @jipped genes, are you actually taking a BG reading before you inject your hgh and another after and it increases? I’ve never checked that myself but I could definitely see that happening. Makes me wonder if taking hgh before bed could give someone higher morning fasted bg readings than say preworkout. How long after you’re hgh dose would it stay elevated I’m wondering. And your fasted BG reading before your hgh dose is normal? Normal for you? Not more than when you aren’t using hgh?

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
Who has Ephedra these days...that might work

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic