Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

GH and tired

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Dr. Stevenson talks more about how berberine can impact mTor in his book. If you are natural, might be something to consider. If you are enhanced, you really do not need to worry about it.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Dr. Stevenson talks more about how berberine can impact mTor in his book. If you are natural, might be something to consider. If you are enhanced, you really do not need to worry about it.
Agree.

I only take it in the morning first thing and train in the eve. Also a slight drop in performance is worth it if I feel better and it helps with lipids and such.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Agree.

I only take it in the morning first thing and train in the eve. Also a slight drop in performance is worth it if I feel better and it helps with lipids and such.
Absolutely. I look at it like this, maybe berberine costs me 1-2 lbs of muscle a year. That is probably less than all the additional cardio I have to do to keep my glucose/insulin in check and prevent me from getting fat.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
The filling in happens after being in a semi fasted state and or after training and hungry. It would happen anyway but is more pronounced with berberine it seems. I don't really see much happening during training unless you get the filling in times before workout.
Yeah, I do drink an intra with aminos and cluster dextrin. The Berberine seems to enhance its effect.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Man. I keep forgetting to read more of his book!

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022

Absolutely. I look at it like this, maybe berberine costs me 1-2 lbs of muscle a year. That is probably less than all the additional cardio I have to do to keep my glucose/insulin in check and prevent me from getting fat.
You know, I may have originally been thinking about ashwanganda affecting mTor. But found evidence they both do. I was trying to find the muscle minds on apple podcast where he talked about one of them recently and said it was best to not use around your workout. Do you remember if it was Berberine or ashwanganda? I know you listen to those podcasts as well. He addressed it because some newer studies had come out on it I believe which would have been after his book was published.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Who has Ephedra these days...that might work
Lol, I haven’t seen it in years. But ephedrine you can get behind the pharmacy counter now! Tried some recently and it’s too much for me. Couldn’t sleep. And I took it first thing in the AM. And I can take 400mg of caffeine at a time and not barely feel it sometimes. Lol

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
You know, I may have originally been thinking about ashwanganda affecting mTor. But found evidence they both do. I was trying to find the muscle minds on apple podcast where he talked about one of them recently and said it was best to not use around your workout. Do you remember if it was Berberine or ashwanganda? I know you listen to those podcasts as well. He addressed it because some newer studies had come out on it I believe which would have been after his book was published.
He actually brings it up again in the podcast on Muscle Minds that came out a couple days ago. It is pretty much anything anti-oxidant or that has an impact on free radicals.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
He actually brings it up again in the podcast on Muscle Minds that came out a couple days ago. It is pretty much anything anti-oxidant or that has an impact on free radicals.
I’ve heard him mention something like that too. Anything that’s anti-inflammatory could affect protein synthesis too. They basically reduce effectiveness of training for lack of better words. May just be a matter of doing a couple more sets to make up for it. And if you are overtraining it could actually help you by preventing overtraining.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic