Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

GH and tired

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Also keep in mind that GH causes release of IGF-1 from the liver. IGF stands for insulin like growth factor. It resenbles insulin and blocks the insulin receptor and downstream expression of Glut4 glucose transporter. So, there is less glucose transport from the blood into cells and therefore serum glucose is higher. This is a major reason why GH uers at or above 6 iu/d use exogenous insulin. Without it the pancreas is overworked overproducing insulin and eventually burning out the beta cells causing diabetes. So, i you are using GH and see your fasting glucose going up it's a good idea to use a glucose disposal agent to avoid such issues.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
A good Glory Hole always makes me tired. I think this is pretty normal.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I would think it is kind of like that. My thought is that the hgh is making you prioritize fat more for fuel instead of carbs and like @jipped genes was saying your liver releases sugar thru glucogenosis to keep blood sugar stabilized when fasted but your body is using more lipolysized fat instead, increasing the sugar levels in your blood. @jipped genes, are you actually taking a BG reading before you inject your hgh and another after and it increases? I’ve never checked that myself but I could definitely see that happening. Makes me wonder if taking hgh before bed could give someone higher morning fasted bg readings than say preworkout. How long after you’re hgh dose would it stay elevated I’m wondering. And your fasted BG reading before your hgh dose is normal? Normal for you? Not more than when you aren’t using hgh?
I have checked BG before and after. Taking it morning and night. When on my BG is just higher. Oddly, it seems easier for me to go hypo while working out.

Glyco, thoughts?

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
I have checked BG before and after. Taking it morning and night. When on my BG is just higher. Oddly, it seems easier for me to go hypo while working out.

Glyco, thoughts?
Off the top of my head I don't have an answer. Maybe flux in your metabolism across different carbon sources.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Bro, maybe it was me but I started taking berberine on an empty stomach first thing in the morning when I gave myself 2iu.

Either I got over the lethargy on that day or it helped me a lot. My thoughts are GH allows blood sugar to rise, this is the cause of the lethargy. Yeah something hormonal but it worked for me.

I tested my blood sugar fasted. Normally in the low 80s upon waking. After taking low dose GH it varied and was 125-150 without eating anything. Berberine brought it down below 100
I know I commented on this before, but that was running just 1-2 iu of GH while taking 1200 mg of berberine 3x a day. I am currently running 10 iu of GH 4x a week and taking 1200 mg of berberine 3x a day and still no lethargy issues. Bloated like a blimp and my feet ache like a motherf*cker, but those are really the only sides I am experiencing from the GH.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I know I commented on this before, but that was running just 1-2 iu of GH while taking 1200 mg of berberine 3x a day. I am currently running 10 iu of GH 4x a week and taking 1200 mg of berberine 3x a day and still no lethargy issues. Bloated like a blimp and my feet ache like a motherf*cker, but those are really the only sides I am experiencing from the GH.

Maybe berberine is the answer glucose induced lethargy. (or metformin or other glucose disposal agent. I wonder how ALA would do? One must just find the right dose.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Maybe berberine is the answer glucose induced lethargy. (or metformin or other glucose disposal agent. I wonder how ALA would do? One must just find the right dose.
It definitely lowered my fasting glucose. I think it works and works better than metformin for me. Met made me shit my brains out. Berberine no problem and makes my muscles fill in somewhat. I still get tires when on GH. CAn't really tell if less or not. The new job is very demanding and I have been doing a lot of physical work more than normal so hard to tell.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022

Also...

It lowers cholesterol and may reduce your risk of heart disease​

Heart disease is currently the leading cause of death around the globe (17Trusted Source).

Many factors that can be measured in the blood are associated with an increased risk of heart disease.

As it turns out, berberine has been shown to improve many of these factors.

According to a review of 16 studies, it could help (18Trusted Source):

• lower total cholesterol
  • lower LDL (bad) cholesterol
  • lower blood triglycerides
  • increase HDL (good) cholesterol
It has also been shown to lower apolipoprotein B by 13-15% in some older studies, which is an important risk factor for heart disease (19Trusted Source, 20Trusted Source).

According to some research, berberine works by inhibiting an enzyme called PCSK9. This leads to more LDL cholesterol being removed from the bloodstream (21Trusted Source).

Keep in mind that diabetes, high blood sugar levels, and obesity are also major risk factors for heart disease, all of which seem to be improved with this supplement (7Trusted Source).

Given the beneficial effects on all these risk factors, it seems likely that berberine could reduce the risk of heart disease, though more research is needed.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011

Also...

It lowers cholesterol and may reduce your risk of heart disease​

Heart disease is currently the leading cause of death around the globe (17Trusted Source).

Many factors that can be measured in the blood are associated with an increased risk of heart disease.

As it turns out, berberine has been shown to improve many of these factors.

According to a review of 16 studies, it could help (18Trusted Source):

• lower total cholesterol
  • lower LDL (bad) cholesterol
  • lower blood triglycerides
  • increase HDL (good) cholesterol
It has also been shown to lower apolipoprotein B by 13-15% in some older studies, which is an important risk factor for heart disease (19Trusted Source, 20Trusted Source).

According to some research, berberine works by inhibiting an enzyme called PCSK9. This leads to more LDL cholesterol being removed from the bloodstream (21Trusted Source).

Keep in mind that diabetes, high blood sugar levels, and obesity are also major risk factors for heart disease, all of which seem to be improved with this supplement (7Trusted Source).

Given the beneficial effects on all these risk factors, it seems likely that berberine could reduce the risk of heart disease, though more research is needed.
Interesting Jipped.

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
Just jumping in to say thanks for this thread and all the discussion/info. Good stuff gentlemen!

I started on berberine 1,000mg this week morning only at the moment. Just because of this thread. I'm doing my normal 5iu gh but added another 5iu in my shoulder to try to heal this mf'er. (TB500 & BPC157 came yesterday, will keep doing all 3 in shoulder to see if it helps). I'm also doing 10u slin pre workout. I'm not exhausted but just tired.
Because of this thread I'll up the berberine to 1500mg 2x/day and see what happens.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Just jumping in to say thanks for this thread and all the discussion/info. Good stuff gentlemen!

I started on berberine 1,000mg this week morning only at the moment. Just because of this thread. I'm doing my normal 5iu gh but added another 5iu in my shoulder to try to heal this mf'er. (TB500 & BPC157 came yesterday, will keep doing all 3 in shoulder to see if it helps). I'm also doing 10u slin pre workout. I'm not exhausted but just tired.
Because of this thread I'll up the berberine to 1500mg 2x/day and see what happens.

Wow brother, I never did more than 5 iu of slin. I would guess that with 10iu of GH the slin would really benefit you. Do you take the berberine first thing in the morn? I think slin and berberine is overkill. But you know more than me.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic