Members
Latest Member
Blackenalma
What's New?

Trump Verdict

lifter6973

lifter6973

Jul 3, 2021
I don't really care too much about this but Trump looks old AF and without his makeup much much worse. If you go off his 2020 campaign and what he said about Biden's then, well, he is too old to run, right?

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
When you criminalize political differences, the rule of law goes away, and it's banana republic time.

The trust and confidence the average American now has in our public institutions is very low. Civil society is a delicate thing. Once the common man loses confidence in its public institutions, they will take matters into their own hands.

I suspect we'll see this more and more.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
When you criminalize political differences, the rule of law goes away, and it's banana republic time.

The trust and confidence the average American now has in our public institutions is very low. Civil society is a delicate thing. Once the common man loses confidence in its public institutions, they will take matters into their own hands.

I suspect we'll see this more and more.
I agree. People forget that the only thing holding society together is a lot of good faith on the part of most people who may disagree with each other in good faith, but who still believe in the integrity of these institutions. But the institutions are letting us down left and right, eroding our trust and good faith, to the point that eventually only fools will believe that these institutions are anything more than a sick joke.

I am approaching that point of disbelief.

lifter6973

lifter6973

Jul 3, 2021
So you guys are under the belief there will be a civil war? It won't happen in our lifetimes for sure. I try not to worry about things that are out of my control and its my belief if people 'take things into their own hands' they will either wind up dead or in jail.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
So you guys are under the belief there will be a civil war? It won't happen in our lifetimes for sure. I try not to worry about things that are out of my control and its my belief if people 'take things into their own hands' they will either wind up dead or in jail.
Agree and we are far from a situation that warrants taking up arms to kill your neighbor.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
I don't think there will be an organized civil war between two well organized governmental sides with willing volunteers fighting to the death if that is what you are asking.

I do think as people begin to lose faith in their government, they will vote less, call the police less, trust the laws less, take matters into their own hands more often, and be much more family/tribal in their views about who matters and whom and what they need to protect.

For example, I am to the point where the last people I would call if I needed assistance are the police, and the less contact I have with the government the better. It would be very hard for me to take up arms to protect what this country has become. My family is another matter entirely. The sad thing is, if violence does erupt, it will most likely be me fighting to protect my family from my government.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
ed58ca540338c44b9fd9ead19188c011.jpg
Why?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic