Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Biden Administration

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
What's more local than it being a family decision? All Desantis' rule says is that the local school district cannot mandate a mask. The school district is permitted to recommend masks and to provide all the data to support why they recommend doing so. Unfortunately, no data exists that shows it'll do any good for the kids.

The South Milwaukee School District has a Health Officer or something, a local practicing M.D. that fills that roll. When masks on kids were brought up a few weeks ago he went through very meticulously why kids shouldn't be mandated to wear masks. The school system superintendent said, "thanks, but we are going to mandate masks". Wtf do you have a doctor on staff if you are going to ignore him on medical issues )(@&##$*&2

Reactions: 5.0
tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
The South Milwaukee School District has a Health Officer or something, a local practicing M.D. that fills that roll. When masks on kids were brought up a few weeks ago he went through very meticulously why kids shouldn't be mandated to wear masks. The school system superintendent said, "thanks, but we are going to mandate masks". Wtf do you have a doctor on staff if you are going to ignore him on medical issues )(@&##$*&2
Not trying to be a smartass here, but the answer is as simple as the issue is not a medical issue, it's a political issue. That's why the public schools are getting worse and worse. The actual education of the children has somehow gotten lost in all the nonsense of diversity, mask coercion and fear, critical race theory, climate change, etc. There just isn't enough time to learn how to read.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
See. This is not the point though. The point is intellectual consistency. it is dishonest for politicians to be for one set of values and then change their minds when it suits their purpose. The conservative moto has also been "hands off" of local decisions. Local officials have always had the power to implement local policy. If this was a Democratic governor trying to override a local policy made by a local conservative school board the republicans would be screaming and yelling about the freedom that local school boards have.

If a Democratic governor mandated the teaching of critical race theory but a local school board decided not to teach it, you'd be furious if the Democratic governor withheld the local school board members salaries because they refused to teach it.

Republicans = hypocrites.
Democrats = hypocrites.

Sometimes you're correct. But sometimes the conservatives aren't for local dictatorships any more than they're for state level dictatorships. What's conservative is individual liberty. In this case, I think it's a liberty issue.

I do think that local control is better than state control, which is better than Federal control in principle, as there is always better accountability at the local level than at the higher levels.

Desantis in this case is telling localities to stop making mandates and let the individual citizen make those decisions. By no means is his "state dictate" aggrandize power up to the state level, but rather allows it to flow down to the individual family. I think this is simply a realization that at many local school district levels, the teacher unions run the place and they want to make school as unpleasant as possible, as they're pissed they have to go back.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
The closer a decision about my life is made to me the more it is likely to be helpful to me (and not cost me as much).

Reactions: 5.0
fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
Sometimes you're correct. But sometimes the conservatives aren't for local dictatorships any more than they're for state level dictatorships. What's conservative is individual liberty. In this case, I think it's a liberty issue.

I do think that local control is better than state control, which is better than Federal control in principle, as there is always better accountability at the local level than at the higher levels.

Desantis in this case is telling localities to stop making mandates and let the individual citizen make those decisions. By no means is his "state dictate" aggrandize power up to the state level, but rather allows it to flow down to the individual family. I think this is simply a realization that at many local school district levels, the teacher unions run the place and they want to make school as unpleasant as possible, as they're pissed they have to go back.

But are we talking "childrens' liberty?" Because these children have almost no liberty at all. In fact, the very definition of a "child' is that of a subordinate individual who is told what to do from the moment they wake up until the moment they go to sleep. They are forced to get vaccinated for polio, measles, etc before the school year. They cannot drive, vote, join the military, drink, smoke, have sex, backtalk teachers and parents, they have no freedom for the most part. They must wear clothes appropriate to the local school boards' mandates, they cannot carry guns into classrooms. In fact, a child is essentially a person without freedom.

Again, I hate masks and think it's ridiculous to force children to wear them. But it's far from unusual in the grand scheme of things. As far as school board decisions go, different areas of America have different values and assess risk differently. Otherwise, what's the purpose of a local government? Local governments exist to implement policy specific to the needs, wants, wishes and values of the local community. Theoretically.

My main point? It's pointless to speak of childrens' freedom. They haven't any freedom until they are at least 16 or 18 or 21.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
But are we talking "childrens' liberty?" Because these children have almost no liberty at all. In fact, the very definition of a "child' is that of a subordinate individual who is told what to do from the moment they wake up until the moment they go to sleep. They are forced to get vaccinated for polio, measles, etc before the school year. They cannot drive, vote, join the military, drink, smoke, have sex, backtalk teachers and parents, they have no freedom for the most part. They must wear clothes appropriate to the local school boards' mandates, they cannot carry guns into classrooms. In fact, a child is essentially a person without freedom.

Again, I hate masks and think it's ridiculous to force children to wear them. But it's far from unusual in the grand scheme of things. As far as school board decisions go, different areas of America have different values and assess risk differently. Otherwise, what's the purpose of a local government? Local governments exist to implement policy specific to the needs, wants, wishes and values of the local community. Theoretically.

My main point? It's pointless to speak of childrens' freedom. They haven't any freedom until they are at least 16 or 18 or 21.
Good point on childrens' freedom. My parents made it clear to me that my opinion had zero weight in important family decisions relating to the children! LOL

However, I think this mask mandate relates to the freedom of the parents to decide whether their kids will mask up.

But your point is well taken that at the local level schools will vary in response to different values of that local populace.

B

Bilter

VIP Member
Jun 7, 2011

fukkin A fasttwitch........ Maybe you should run for POTUS!!! ;-)

BTW, most of those non freedom list items you made for children, I was in violation of from a very young age.. I still do my own thing to this very day regardless of what is considered to be the social norms......

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
I feel an obligation to mention to all the Trump haters that there's no fucking way this would have happened with him in office.

A few mean tweets directed at the Tallyban would have had them hiding out, shitting their pants in caves.... till our people were out ... THE MILITARY LEAVE LAST!

Biden is a useless chump.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
The Taliban has over 10,000 American citizens as hostages in Afghanistan. the US military under Biden admitted they have no ability to get them out. I say bullshit, they do have the ability to get them out. dementia Joe won’t let them do it. meanwhile France and Britain are sending their special forces out into the country of Afghanistan to get their citizens out, while Joe leaves our citizens behind. what a fucking piece of shit.

the planes leaving the airport there are leaving half full with majority of afghans. wtf?

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
The Taliban has over 10,000 American citizens as hostages in Afghanistan. the US military under Biden admitted they have no ability to get them out. I say bullshit, they do have the ability to get them out. dementia Joe won’t let them do it. meanwhile France and Britain are sending their special forces out into the country of Afghanistan to get their citizens out, while Joe leaves our citizens behind. what a fucking piece of shit.

the planes leaving the airport there are leaving half full with majority of afghans. wtf?

Yeah. I still feel nothing for those people . They choose to go into a danger zone. And most are shitty military contractors or other government leeches sucking of the tits of the US taxpayer.

No more trillions. No more US troops dying. No more fighting for Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Blackrock or Boeing profits. No more fighting to control another country's resources.

Let's be painfully honest. Biden (who I hate and DID NOT vote for) did what Trump cowered in terror from doing. Biden did what Obama was too much of a dishonest fucking cunt to do. What Bush W was too corrupt to do. The apparently chaos that seems to be unfolding is a full on MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX / MEDIA attack on Biden for doing the right thing. When OANN, Fox news, ABC, MSNBC News, CNN and BBC all attack somebody...... you can god damned sure that the person who they're attacking is right.

The chaos would have happened no matter when we withdraw. Let those free loading dirtbacks stuck over there figure out there own dilemma.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
I feel an obligation to mention to all the Trump haters that there's no fucking way this would have happened with him in office.

But Middy, we'll never know. Because Trump backed down once he started receiving calls from the military contractors who are sucking the US tax payer dry. I mean honestly, I can say I'd have been a better quarterback than Tom Brady if I'd played football. But I didn't even try to play quarterback, so it's just conjecture, isn't it?

My observation has been that Trump is all saber rattling. Trump only acts on something went it pads his bank account. Just like politicians do.

Trump didn't even try.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
Yeah. I still feel nothing for those people . They choose to go into a danger zone. And most are shitty military contractors or other government leeches sucking of the tits of the US taxpayer.

No more trillions. No more US troops dying. No more fighting for Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Blackrock or Boeing profits. No more fighting to control another country's resources.

Let's be painfully honest. Biden (who I hate and DID NOT vote for) did what Trump cowered in terror from doing. Biden did what Obama was too much of a dishonest fucking cunt to do. What Bush W was too corrupt to do. The apparently chaos that seems to be unfolding is a full on MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX / MEDIA attack on Biden for doing the right thing. When OANN, Fox news, ABC, MSNBC News, CNN and BBC all attack somebody...... you can god damned sure that the person who they're attacking is right.

The chaos would have happened no matter when we withdraw. Let those free loading dirtbacks stuck over there figure out there own dilemma.

how is Biden doing the right thing when he more than double the troops that Trump had in there?

Trump 2500
Biden 6000

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic