Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Wrong about diets

CJ Smalls

CJ Smalls

Aug 15, 2020
I haven't posted much on here lately since I joined awhile back, but I'd like to throw my 2¢ in....

If it really is all about macros, is it the exact numbers of grams or the ratio?

If it's the exact numbers of grams, well guess what.... You're counting calories.

If it's the ratio, then triple the exact amount of foods that you're eating, and see if you still lose weight. It shouldn't mater, right?

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I haven't posted much on here lately since I joined awhile back, but I'd like to throw my 2¢ in....

If it really is all about macros, is it the exact numbers of grams or the ratio?

If it's the exact numbers of grams, well guess what.... You're counting calories.

If it's the ratio, then triple the exact amount of foods that you're eating, and see if you still lose weight. It shouldn't mater, right?

And thats the thing. I went from 2,500 calories per day mostly carbs to just over 4,000 per day almost all meat and fats and lost 71 pounds. MACGYVER says thats not possible but someone getting contest ripped on donuts and fried chicken is. Let that sink in a second.

CJ Smalls

CJ Smalls

Aug 15, 2020
And thats the thing. I went from 2,500 calories per day mostly carbs to just over 4,000 per day almost all meat and fats and lost 71 pounds. MACGYVER says thats not possible but someone getting contest ripped on donuts and fried chicken is. Let that sink in a second.
What else changed though? Were you determined to lose that weight, so your activity level increased? Cals in vs Cals out is a 2 sided equation.

And were you REALLY counting your calories before if you were 71 pounds heavier? Forgive my skepticism on this point, as I have a hard time believing someone that overweight was counting calories.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016

This is a good point....If u think about it, there would be no way to stay at the same weight....Stellar logic, right there!....

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
What else changed though? Were you determined to lose that weight, so your activity level increased? Cals in vs Cals out is a 2 sided equation.
And were you REALLY counting your calories before if you were 71 pounds heavier? Forgive my skepticism on this point, as I have a hard time believing someone that overweight was counting calories.
Yep. I had to. I went to the Dr. because of my high BP and some other issues. The Dr. told me I had to lose weight or be put on BP meds. They gave me a diet to follow and the contact info of a nutritionist they had worked with. I was put on a 2,500 calorie per day diet and had to keep a strict count of everything I ate. I got a scale and everything. I did this shit for about 4 months and just got steadily fatter. About that time I read an article in one of the bodybuilding mags at the time (around 99-99) and it was about the high fat/protein diet. I stopped eating all the salads, potatoes and rice and starting eating meat and eggs. a few veggies every now and again just for flavor and the fat starting to melt off.
There was zero change in activity levels at that time. I couldn't get to a gym at the time because of my work schedule. I did the same stuff I always did.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Yep. I had to. I went to the Dr. because of my high BP and some other issues. The Dr. told me I had to lose weight or be put on BP meds. They gave me a diet to follow and the contact info of a nutritionist they had worked with. I was put on a 2,500 calorie per day diet and had to keep a strict count of everything I ate. I got a scale and everything. I did this shit for about 4 months and just got steadily fatter. About that time I read an article in one of the bodybuilding mags at the time (around 99-99) and it was about the high fat/protein diet. I stopped eating all the salads, potatoes and rice and starting eating meat and eggs. a few veggies every now and again just for flavor and the fat starting to melt off.
There was zero change in activity levels at that time. I couldn't get to a gym at the time because of my work schedule. I did the same stuff I always did.

This is THEE most typical theme of folks who follow an institutional “nutritionist.”
I have a male nurse buddy (no homo) in fact who most recently went through the same thing — a nutritionist through his hospital/place of employment counseled him, set him up on a veggie heavy, “meditarianian” style diet. It was complicated, involved multiple meals and snacks each day, a lot of prep and math and expense, etc. it too was 2500csl. He followed it for just shy of 8 weeks and was burnt out from the complexity AND got fatter!
He listen to my counsel, applied my advice: meat, eggs, small amounts of certain veggies (because he likes their flavor), and….. very rapidly has lost 22lbs so far and been tightening / toning up.
FUCK THE GENERAL MEDICAL INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX SNAKE OIL HUSTLERS!
To reiterate: On my previous style of eating (dieting with 3000-3500cals), multi meals and snacks per day — I got soft, held water, gained fat, digestion issues.
Went hardcore carnivore for 8 weeks at approx 6000cals a day, 2 meals finished early half of day, no snacks…. and dropped water and burnt a ton of fat off.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
This is THEE most typical theme of folks who follow an institutional “nutritionist.”
I have a male nurse buddy (no homo) in fact who most recently went through the same thing — a nutritionist through his hospital/place of employment counseled him, set him up on a veggie heavy, “meditarianian” style diet. It was complicated, involved multiple meals and snacks each day, a lot of prep and math and expense, etc. it too was 2500csl. He followed it for just shy of 8 weeks and was burnt out from the complexity AND got fatter!
He listen to my counsel, applied my advice: meat, eggs, small amounts of certain veggies (because he likes their flavor),and….. very rapidly has lost 22lbs so far and been tightening / toning up.
FUCK THE GENERAL MEDICAL INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX SNAKE OIL HUSTLERS!
To reiterate: On my previous style of eating (dieting with 3000-3500cals),multi meals and snacks per day — I got soft, held water, gained fat, digestion issues.
Went hardcore carnivore for 8 weeks at approx 6000cals a day, 2 meals finished early half of day, no snacks…. and dropped water and burnt a ton of fat off.
So apparently I'm not the only guy on this board who's body "defies the universal laws of thermodynamics" as so many on here are fond of saying. So what's up fellas? I did it. Boner did it. Hell he walks around in competition shape. Someone might wanna explain to our bodies that they are wrong and are doing the "impossible"

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Ok, after serious consideration I decided that the diet of only rice, butter and sugar might not be sustainable so Imma change it up a bit. I'm going to do Mcdonalds 2-3 days per week for all meals and at home I'm going to eat ice cream and poptarts. This should make the weight loss easier due to not getting bored with the food choices. I talked to one of my students who went to college for 5 years for nutrition and he says this is the dumbest shit he has ever heard of. But I know now that he is just one of those brainwashed peasants who has bought into the macros scam.

For some reason you're still missing it bro...cals in vs cals out and you just keep listing very high calorie meals. Unless of course you're just nibbling on pizza, ice cream and mcdonaldl's and can stay under your BMR/TDEE. But eating McDonald's 2-3 days per week and you're probably not going to stay under your BMR/TDEE. I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why you're not getting it.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
For some reason you're still missing it bro...cals in vs cals out and you just keep listing very high calorie meals. Unless of course you're just nibbling on pizza, ice cream and mcdonaldl's and can stay under your BMR/TDEE. But eating McDonald's 2-3 days per week and you're probably not going to stay under your BMR/TDEE. I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why you're not getting it.

What I'm saying is that 3,000 calories from sugar and carbs are not the same as 3,000 calories from meats and veggies. One can make you a fat fuck and the other make you lean. With zero adjustments in total calories. I have proven this using myself as a guinea pig as have other respected members on this board. As as matter of fact we have bumped the calories up and just ate meats and fats and lost weight.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
For those who jerk off to “studies” I’m reposting these:

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
What I'm saying is that 3,000 calories from sugar and carbs are not the same as 3,000 calories from meats and veggies. One can make you a fat fuck and the other make you lean. With zero adjustments in total calories. I have proven this using myself as a guinea pig as have other respected members on this board. As as matter of fact we have bumped the calories up and just ate meats and fats and lost weight.

Again, we're are talking about weight loss (not body comp). If you maintain at 3500 cals and you eat 3000 cals of whatever, you will lose approximately 1lb per week. You will lose more muscle if you're not getting at least 1g of protein per 1kg of bw but none the less you will lose approx 1lb per week if you eat 500 calories less regardless of what you eat. That's what was said at the beginning of the conversation and here we are still not acknowledging this fact.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Again, we're are talking about weight loss (not body comp). If you maintain at 3500 cals and you eat 3000 cals of whatever, you will lose approximately 1lb per week. You will lose more muscle if you're not getting at least 1g of protein per 1kg of bw but none the less you will lose approx 1lb per week if you eat 500 calories less regardless of what you eat. That's what was said at the beginning of the conversation and here we are still not acknowledging this fact.

And I'm telling you that I went from 2,500 calories to over 4,000 and lost 71 pounds. I'm not alone in this either.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic