BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

To Build up Home Gym or Not

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
The question is....to build or not to build. Ever since the pandemic and gyms were closed, i have been debating. I thought to myself, well, this is a good time to take off and let the body rest, etc.
But it is a constant struggle because i miss the weights.
My state (IL) has just extended stay at home orders through 5/30 with some modifications, but gyms are not in those mods. I am hearing of my gym that is secretly training people, not sure I want to go there....just fear of getting caught, etc.

So I have been struggling to build up a home gym or not.
The question is...once i do that....then what.....would i continue on even when the gyms re open? Maybe/maybe not.
Certainly home gym equipment will be plentiful once everything is back to normal. But the problem is not then, the problem is the now and how long the now is. My now has been extended for another 5 weeks....so that is what i have to decide on. What to do in these next 5 weeks.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
A large part of that decision for anyone will be determined by the local political climate and how it affects opening/closing mandates. I'd lean toward a home gym strategy in NY for instance, and toward waiting for your gym to re-open in Georgia. I guess IL is somewhere in between strategy-wise, but closer to NY than to GA?

And of course, any 2nd wave pandemic and how it might vary in different states throws today's strategy out the window.

Have you considered ditching Bodybuilding and taking up Quilting or Water Color instead?

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
@rawdeal WTF?! What is this quilting or water coloring you speak of?? And quit talking like that to me or i'll ____. You should be ashamed of yourself!

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I would recommend a sex swing in the corner of any home gym
This can be accomplished on a budget using bands and chains that double as powerlifting accessories. I believe that spud inc also has an econo swing option.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
I nominate Monsoon to handle the design and engineering of Bovas home gym sex swing

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
In all honesty, Yes, you should build a home gym. I am so blessed that my training has been largely un impeded by closures and other obstacles that a lot of people are dealing with.
Constantly with your other threads about over priced dbs etc. now is not the best time to do it because the cost is so outrageous.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
@rawdeal WTF?! What is this quilting or water coloring you speak of?? And quit talking like that to me or i'll ____. You should be ashamed of yourself!

Apologies for talking like that to you; I forgot you keep telling me a picture's worth 1000 words. And YOU should remember I have no shame :p

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Do the sex swings people here are using accommodate more than one person?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic