Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Cris ‘Cyborg’ Justino Threatens To Sue Ronda Rousey Over Steroid Comments

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
that's them at their absolute leanest. 10 pounds of muscle is a BIG difference on a woman's body. it's actually a big difference on a man's body as well, but on a woman it's huge.

ronda carrying an additional and useless 10 pounds of fat and water cannot be compared to a dry cyborg. just because the number on the scale is now the same it doesn't make it a fair or reasonable fight.

Remember a guy named Country Boy Roy Nelson? Pure lard and fat, but dude could throw them hands and could fight. He made weight against guys who were lean muscle machines, and beat there ass the majority of times. So, weight is weight, I don't really see a difference... besides body fat percentages. Same applies to Rousey/Cyborg.

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
Remember a guy named Country Boy Roy Nelson? Pure lard and fat, but dude could throw them hands and could fight. He made weight against guys who were lean muscle machines, and beat there ass the majority of times. So, weight is weight, I don't really see a difference... besides body fat percentages. Same applies to Rousey/Cyborg.

"weight is weight" is the most ludicrous statement of all time.

Nelson is a heavyweight, the one division where you don't have to cut. (also the most boring division to watch bc those big lugs can't move fast enough to be exciting).

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
"weight is weight" is the most ludicrous statement of all time.

Nelson is a heavyweight, the one division where you don't have to cut. (also the most boring division to watch bc those big lugs can't move fast enough to be exciting).

Nelson could be LHW just by losing fat. Cyborg has actually lose muscle mass. Big difference.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Whoa whoa whoa. Big guys like watching big guys fight, because while it might not be exciting to you because you've never been big enough to have had to hold your breath when you tie your shoes, those of us that know what it's like to not be able wash your back really enjoy the heavyweight fights and the most unpredictable, don't-blink-in-the-first-round fights.

Weight is not weight, but 10 pounds is always 10 pounds, and Rhonda has been grappling with bigger people her whole life and never made a stink about it. She competing against men in judo for years, because it was the better challenge. Just saying. Comparing HW to LHW and then applying that to feather/bantam is stupid. 10 pounds vs 60 pounds. Do the math. Even percentagewise it's stupid. Just throw down. Damn. It ain't that hard.

BigGameHunter

BigGameHunter

VIP Member
Jun 26, 2012
There was a lot if skill in big country's game. His physique didn't always gain him respect. He smoked Frank Mir on points if I recall, in a wrestling match in Franks prime. Google it, it's worth watching.

Reactions: SAD
HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
Nelson could be LHW just by losing fat. Cyborg has actually lose muscle mass. Big difference.

yes, which is why it's MORE unfair for ronda to be expected to move up in weight. a woman can't gain ten pounds of muscle naturally in a short amount of time.

Whoa whoa whoa. Big guys like watching big guys fight, because while it might not be exciting to you because you've never been big enough to have had to hold your breath when you tie your shoes, those of us that know what it's like to not be able wash your back really enjoy the heavyweight fights and the most unpredictable, don't-blink-in-the-first-round fights.

Weight is not weight, but 10 pounds is always 10 pounds, and Rhonda has been grappling with bigger people her whole life and never made a stink about it. She competing against men in judo for years, because it was the better challenge. Just saying. Comparing HW to LHW and then applying that to feather/bantam is stupid. 10 pounds vs 60 pounds. Do the math. Even percentagewise it's stupid. Just throw down. Damn. It ain't that hard.

i've never been heavier than a sloppy 240, but still, fighting is a skill-based sport and size is not impressive. watching big guys fight slowly is boring.

Ronda fights larger people with hardly any skills for practice, but when it comes to someone who actually wants to claim the title, that fight needs to be 100% fair, which it won't be unless Cyborg slims down.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
yes, which is why it's MORE unfair for ronda to be expected to move up in weight. a woman can't gain ten pounds of muscle naturally in a short amount of time.

i've never been heavier than a sloppy 240, but still, fighting is a skill-based sport and size is not impressive. watching big guys fight slowly is boring.

Ronda fights larger people with hardly any skills for practice, but when it comes to someone who actually wants to claim the title, that fight needs to be 100% fair, which it won't be unless Cyborg slims down.

I agree. BJJ and Judo teaches you how to fight people much, much bigger. However, given equal skill levels, size and strength will almost always determine the winner. You just can't let size be a variable at all. This is why there have been weigh ins for many, many years, and if someone doesn't make weight, they are DQed. If they fight, and Rhonda loses, then what? Was she not as skilled? Was Cyborg too strong? Most fighters would never leave that to chance.

Reactions: HGH
Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
I agree. BJJ and Judo teaches you how to fight people much, much bigger. However, given equal skill levels, size and strength will almost always determine the winner. You just can't let size be a variable at all. This is why there have been weigh ins for many, many years, and if someone doesn't make weight, they are DQed. If they fight, and Rhonda loses, then what? Was she not as skilled? Was Cyborg too strong? Most fighters would never leave that to chance.
u can fight if u miss weight but u have to give up a big chunk of your money and no belt on the line

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Well, I haven't been lighter than 240 in years, and while I'm personally hurt that you think I'm a "big lug" that is "too slow" to be entertaining, haha, I'm going to have to guess that you haven't actually had experience with a big, exceptional, athlete. Some of the most entertaining fights I've ever seen in my life were heavyweight fights. Some were no weight class. I'm talking about fights that were the definition of entertainment BECAUSE the fighters were big. I'm talking about Bob Sapp, Hong Man Choi, Alistair Overeem in late Pride and Dream days, Dan Severn, Don Frye, Mirko CroCop, are you kidding me? Some are entertaining for sheer size, some because they could do what they could do AT their size. How can you consider CroCop or Fedor slow? You think their speed was singular and unique? Many many other heavyweights are light on their feet and quick. Former NFL caliber linemen, former professional wrestlers, former world champion athletes, all fight in the heavyweight division. If you watch basketball, you should probably stop, because those guys are almost all over 200 pounds. Same with football save CBs and some WRs and kickers. Oh, and about half of those unathletic pro MLB players too. Dude, stop reading whenever you get it bro. If you get to this, and you don't get it, read it again. If you aren't HGH and you made it to here, I'm sorry, and you should probably stand up and stretch.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
But at the end of the day, it's a subjective thing and to each his own.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Bob Sapp just got winded reading your post SAD. I forgot who he fought, was a long fight and after the first minute he needed an oxygen tank.

Dan Severn was an absolute beast.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Bob Sapp just got winded reading your post SAD. I forgot who he fought, was a long fight and after the first minute he needed an oxygen tank.

Dan Severn was an absolute beast.

Bob sapp.......you teach me to football

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic