Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Cris ‘Cyborg’ Justino Threatens To Sue Ronda Rousey Over Steroid Comments

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
No, I'm saying that no heavyweight fight is as exciting in round five because those big lugs are tired out esp. if they're truly natty.

Great point you just unknowingly brought up, HGH. Muscle uses oxygen right? So doesn't it just make perfectly good sense that bigger people would tire faster? They can be everybit as explosive and exciting right? Until they're tired, right? So isn't it completely ludicrous to think that a 265lb man shouldn't be more exhausted than a 125lb man, after 25 minutes of exhaustive exercise? If JDS and Mighty Mouse had the exact same training camp, in the exact same conditions, with the exact same diet/exercise/coaching/etc, would they have the exact same gas left in the tank after fighting 25 minutes against their respective opponents? So you aren't complaining that they aren't entertaining, but you are upset that they are perfectly human and abiding by the laws of chemistry and physics?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
^---1 sentence, 6 questions---^

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I think some of this is relative though. For instance, a buddy of mine is a former boxer and hung up the gloves to be a coach. We have discussed the aspects of fighting from a lightweight and heavyweight view point, and, based on his opinion, light weight boxers tend to be more technical fighters. The name of the game is just don't get hit. They are, relatively speaking, faster and have more endurance, so they can go longer than the heavyweights with this type of strategy.

I will not deny the fact that heavyweights can be fast, and can have great conditioning, but again, relatively speaking, they TEND to not be as quick or technical because of the energy involved. This is why, for many years, the general public liked watching heavyweights. Most of us without the knowledge and training of boxing, like to watch the big hits and two big men fight it out, whereas, with the lightweights, there weren't near as many KOs. I think times have changed, and we are seeing money in the lighter weights taking off, but I think that MMA and more people being in to fighting has done that.

BigGameHunter

BigGameHunter

VIP Member
Jun 26, 2012
For the most part training is the same for heavyweights as it is for lightweights. Heavyweights tire out quicker because they are HEAVY. Its really not that complicated or even a dis to us big guys.

It takes a lot more strength and power to move a 265+ pound body around, plus factor in the weight and strength of the opponent and youve got a more tired athlete because he is working harder. Slower? Slower than what.... a 155lb guy, sure but put a 110 pounds on the "fast" guy and see how fast he moves and tires. Then lets see who is faster. It really about personal preference not skill or lack there of.

Little guys dont always make better fighters in regards to MMA its just where the game is at its young life. Trust me, if someone trained Ray Lewis for 3 months (even in retirement) he would wreck a lot of peoples $hit. There are plenty of big guys that are good athletes and have speed and quickness. The NFL and Olympic wrestling are a couple of good places to look. It will take some time for the pay in MMA to warrant the attention of the big boys. Before MMA and BJJ got popular most of the featherweights sold insurance after college thats really all we are seeing. Just a blip on the screen. Trust me the fast athletic big guys will make their way to the cage.

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
Great point you just unknowingly brought up, HGH. Muscle uses oxygen right? So doesn't it just make perfectly good sense that bigger people would tire faster? They can be everybit as explosive and exciting right? Until they're tired, right? So isn't it completely ludicrous to think that a 265lb man shouldn't be more exhausted than a 125lb man, after 25 minutes of exhaustive exercise? If JDS and Mighty Mouse had the exact same training camp, in the exact same conditions, with the exact same diet/exercise/coaching/etc, would they have the exact same gas left in the tank after fighting 25 minutes against their respective opponents? So you aren't complaining that they aren't entertaining, but you are upset that they are perfectly human and abiding by the laws of chemistry and physics?

i'm not mad at big guys; im just saying they can't go the distance like little dudes.

thanks for agreeing with me, biggun! :p

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
I dont wanna see heavy weights go the distance..Usually that means it was a boring fight.I like all the weight classes the same, shit ill watch 2 roaches fight it out because fighting is fun.As long as there good technique and skills im down.

Last edited:
S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I agree with Al, 2 heavies going the distance usually ends up boring. The arlovski browne fight was a heavyweight fight made for the fans.

Lmao SAD, holding your breath to tie your shoes.....everyday man. People alwYs ask why i dont tie my tennis shoes, might black out

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
I agree with Al, 2 heavies going the distance usually ends up boring. The arlovski browne fight was a heavyweight fight made for the fans.

Lmao @SAD, holding your breath to tie your shoes.....everyday man. People alwYs ask why i dont tie my tennis shoes, might black out

unfortunately i missed that one.

i heard the browne vs his wife fight was epic as well

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
She didn't press charges though, right?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic